The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:11 am

My light brown hair Luke has a "dot and P" on the hilt. Hope that helps. Strange thing is I bought an American lot, all Kenner, and he was in that group....
-Steve
stevefdwyer wrote:
Hi. I was hoping someone could give me info on the Light Brown Hair Farm Boy Luke? He has the light brown hair, not yellow or dark brown. His coo is gone but I am able to see some lettering with a magnifying glass (Hong Kong, I think). I have been looking online for info about this guy but wanted to see if any of you Jedi's know more (which I'm sure you do) : )
This is the exact figure I have (click on link below). How rare, or not so rare is this figure? He's actually the property of my son, I only have the yellow hair version and he ain't given him up : )
http://retrorewindtoys.com/tag/brown-hair-luke-skywalker/
Thanks for your help : ) -Steve
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2960900250086637682aJmEgU

sorry AJ edit got a bit mixed up Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:19 am

stevefdwyer wrote:
My light brown hair Luke has a "dot and P" on the hilt. Hope that helps. Strange thing is I bought an American lot, all Kenner, and he was in that group....
-Steve

Hi Steve,

That's interesting. The problem with loose figures is that obviously you can never know if it's an original pairing. Having said that, I can't imagine the telescoping saber figures get weapons swapped as often as the figures with completely loose weapons (especially the ones that share weapons with other figures)

-J
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:12 pm

OK, here is my contribution of Luke's

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 P1040875B

L-R: Blonde hair - Hong Kong; Light brown/olive hair - No COO; light brown/red hair - Hong Kong; Dark brown hair - Hong Kong; Orange hair - Hong Kong.

And a couple of close ups of my favourite, the Orange hair Luke

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 P10408201

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 P10408241

Steve, sure your reading this post mate. The light brown hair No COO Luke isnt that hard to find. Probably more common in Europe but still easy to find and I would say the easiest of the brown hair Luke's to acquire. Apart from the Orange hair Luke I would say the light brown/red Luke is quite hard to find.

John, if its any interest my DT Luke baggie (which unfortunately the tape has come open since I bought it - so you'll have to take my word for it) is a 2 line COO and brown eyes. Never seen a 3 line DT Luke in a baggie and I thought he general consensus was they were found on the Cards.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Mike, if I could, Id give you 20 rep points for that. lol! The FOTW thread is here for such questions, guys. Very good question, none the less, but why have a thread for things like this when its not going to be used? I seperated all the figures in to single threads for each so ALL questions can stay in that thread. So if one of the mods or admins can move this there, it would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks for the info Oli : )
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Thanks for combining that thread guys, Chris and AJ. I posted that thread quite awhile ago. Glad I was able to get some questions answered regarding it. : )
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:07 pm

A decent pic of my "Circles" variant saber that came with my 2 line coo Farmboy Luke. You can see the circles on the side of the outer saber.

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 New_ci10
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:50 am

RebelChris wrote:
Frank, I wouldn't worry "too much" about the COO's matching. From my understanding it is fairly common. My RC baggie says Made In Hong King, but the figure is a no COO. I would definitely flag it but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either.

Tha'ts a bit of a relief Chris, thank you for that! bounce flagged till more evidence come to light.

Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:53 am

Here's my non-blondes Smile

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 Picture758
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:11 am

Hi Guys, I love all the Luke figures on this thread. I also just wanted to share my luke collection with you guys.

I have seen and heard about Luke Meccano, Glasslite and PBP. But is there other Luke out there ?

Is there a Takara, Toltoys, Palitoy etc. etc. ?

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 Luke10
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
Chris

I gotta say that, IMHO, until someone somewhere shows a 3 line COO in a sealed baggie I don't see how people can debate it. I mean nobody has a single example. Even Orange Hair Luke has a MOC.

I know people harken back to the arguements of owning it forever, or buying a childhood collection, but who can remember if they moved a lightsaber 30yrs ago?

I think it was a theory that turned into legend that morphed into fact. However, since it's accepted I guess it only matters recreationally.

I'd love to see someone break out a 3 Line COO baggie and put it all to rest............................ or open a 12bk DT Luke lol!

yes i must second that john there has never been a 3 line coo luke dt found in a baggie or a moc well not that i have seen anyway

i used to think the same as everyone else dt luke 3 line and 2 line coo 1 and 3 in tig guide just because it is common knolage and posted all over the forums but where is the proff !! i too have yet to see one

so imo untill someone comes up with proff then there is only 1 true dt luke, 2 line, coo 1, in tig coo guide

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:02 pm

I also have some loose cardbacks to some of the figures Very Happy

I do not know why the white paper is on the backside of the tri-logo card. Maybe some of you can tell me about it ?

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 Luke_s15

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 Luke_s16

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 Luke_s17
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:17 pm

pomse2001 wrote:

I do not know why the white paper is on the backside of the tri-logo card. Maybe some of you can tell me about it ?

Backside of the Clipper Tear Away Mini Catalogue (the front page has been removed).

http://www.clipper-toys.net/cardback_index.htm

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

Backside of the Clipper Tear Away Mini Catalogue (the front page has been removed).

Thanks marco for the link. I never knew that clipper was sold in Denmark and on Tri-logo cards.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:56 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
Dr Dengar wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

Thanks marco for the link. I never knew that clipper was sold in Denmark and on Tri-logo cards.
didnt netto buy in overstock from allover europe and sell cheap(we talk about everything from soap and beer too trilogos)?
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm

yeah-sus wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:
Dr Dengar wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

didnt netto buy in overstock from allover europe and sell cheap(we talk about everything from soap and beer too trilogos)?

I don't know, but I know that Netto is cheap Wink

It is a good story, maybe Netto did buy overstock allover europe and that could be why clipper was sold in Denmark thinking
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:38 pm

can someone post a picture of a brown eyed Luke with a 2 line COO? I have never seen this figure before & would love to see one. Thanks!
Pat
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:17 pm

RetroRewindToys wrote:
can someone post a picture of a brown eyed Luke

Are you sure you want to see a pix of that? lol! Sorry, I gave my self a warning, but I couldnt pass up the oppertunity on that.
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Chris_J wrote:
RetroRewindToys wrote:
can someone post a picture of a brown eyed Luke

Are you sure you want to see a pix of that? lol! Sorry, I gave my self a warning, but I couldnt pass up the oppertunity on that.

Lol! that is so wrong! Gets a + regardless geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:26 pm

RetroRewindToys wrote:
can someone post a picture of a brown eyed Luke with a 2 line COO? I have never seen this figure before & would love to see one. Thanks!
Pat

2line large hong kong brown eyed luke

Last edited by Starwizz on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Cool Luke starwizz :Drool:

Some of you wrote about a Glasslite & a PBP luke, but how many company luke's is there ? I mean a luke that can only be found on a card from that company ?
Back to top Go down
Loop
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Loop

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:31 pm

It's still ok to add to the earlier threads right? Wanted to add a couple of carded Lukes.

ESB 41E
The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 35kjxck

Trilogo
The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 34gmujt
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Loop, these threads are here forever to add info to. Just cause a new one starts doesnt mean these end. If in 5 years you get something new to add, post it up.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:12 am

not sure if this is the right place since not vintage but did not Hasbro lately (around 2007) produced A luke based a vintage mold (I think there was Darth Vador and Chewie as well? I made a search on the forum but could not find it). Hope I will not ge the prize of the stupidest question of the week. lol! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:18 am

They did. It was called the Classic 4-pack with Luke, Vader, Han, and Chewy. Looking at them straight on you really cant tell them apart from the originals, but the tell tale sign is the date stamp. Jay got one of the Vaders off Ebay thinking it was vintage until he got it in and inspected it closer.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3703-question-about-repro-4-pack-made-by-kenner-in-the-1990-s?highlight=classic+4+pack

Thats a thread discussing them for you, Alex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next