The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Empty
PostSubject: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:14 pm

FOTW: LUKE (BESPIN)

Please feel free to use the following links to help you expand your knowledge of the figure!

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 28105111
The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 28105110

-- (Pictures provided by Thundershot) --

- The Imperial Gunnery -- Here is the legendary info on the REBEL BLASTER
http://www.imperialgunnery.com/rebelblasters.htm
CLICK HERE

- The Imperial Gunnery -- Info on LUKE'S BESPIN LIGHTSABER can be found here:
http://www.imperialgunnery.com/lightsaberssection.htm
CLICK HERE

- Our very own Artoo-Detour's thread on the JAPANESE focus -- Here you'll find information on TAKARA, POPY and TSUKUDA
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6433-the-japanese-vintage-star-wars-collecting-thread#
CLICK HERE

- An excellent pair of threads by Dr Dengar -- the LILI LEDY guide -- LUKE (BESPIN) info is located on PAGE 26 as well as guides and rules around LILI LEDY
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p645-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1#Luke
CLICK HERE

- Dr Dengar's POCH/PBP guide -- LUKE (BESPIN) info is located on PAGE 22 as well as guides and rules surrounding POCH/PBPs
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4427-the-poch-pbp-guide-discussion-thread-part-one#
CLICK HERE

- PROTOTYPES and PRE-PRODUCTIONS by stevemac1976 -- Exactly that, take a look!
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1221-the-pre-production-prototypes-thread#
CLICK HERE

- The Jedi Temple Archives -- CARDBACKS and LOOSE LUKE (BESPIN) guides
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/vintagemoc/#cardbacks
CLICK HERE

All of the following sites, threads, and pages above have taken a lot of hard work and years to put together.

It is a priceless well of information by the TIG team and other avid collectors and fans.

Thank you for your dedication!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you're still having trouble finding what you're looking for, please feel free to ask!

-- And don't forget to check out all of the other posts below as they are LOADED with useful information and pictures!

After all, this is still a FIGURE OF THE WEEK thread!  Stormie Smiley

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*Links and other information gathered by Lobotic*

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 2941-710
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:12 am

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3564-the-general-s-loose-bespin-luke-focus
The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sdc12519

edit Smile  "Once upon a time there where three factories in Asia that produced steel moulds for the Boba Fett figure.
These moulds where two cavity moulds, which basically produced two figures every time the plastic was injected (seperate moulds for torso parts and limbs) The limb mould was hand stamped with the COO on both legs. This resulted in 2 slightly different stamps for each leg.
At some stage in the later years of production, the country mark was removed, in this case using a filling agent like solder. This was not smoothed down afterwards which resulted in a reverse depression in the plastic. The words 'Hong' and 'Kong' where filled individually, however in one of the cavities it's likely that the filling agent over ran between the two, the result been a single scar and a double scar.
Viewing this as a variant is illogical. You have to bare in mind that the other leg has two slightly different stamps also, so if you where to require both single and double scars for yur collection then logic would dictate that you would require both the different left legs as well, which would also mean that if that's the case, surely you would also require the different combinations of the two, so you would now need 4 LL Boba Fett's.... oh and of course 4 LL RR Boba Fett's as well.
Allow me to break down this insane logic in a way which makes this easier to understand.
I collect Luke Bespin as a focus, so if I was to collect all the different COO cavity combinations on all the different variant's, the numbers would look something like this.....

Kader Mould Figures (2 cavity mould, 1 leg stamped, so 2 of each variant)
- Kenner - 7 variants (14 with pairs)
- Poch - 4 variants (8 with pairs)

Smile Mould Figures (2 cavity mould, 1 leg stamped, so 2 of each variant)
- Kenner - 6 variants (12 with pairs)
- Euro - 2 variants (4 with pairs)

Now, here's where it gets interesting

Kader Mould Figures (3 cavity mould, 2 leg stamp, so 9 combinations of each)
- Kenner - 5 variants (45 with 3 cavity combinations)
- Poch - 1 variant (9 with 3 cavity combinations)
- PBP - 6 variants (54 with 3 cavity combinations)
- Euro - 1 variant (9 with 3 cavity combinations)
- Lili Ledy - 5 Variants (45 with 3 cavity combinations)

That's 200 figures in total which includes some harder to find variants for example 17 Poch figures, 54 PBP figures and 45 Lili Ledy figures would be required in this illogical practise.
Bare in mind that one of those Lili Ledy figures, which would have 9 combination, there are currently only 3 on Earth that are known to exist to date.

My point is, to do this with one figure, then you have to look at the bigger picture, and also maybe spare a thought for your fellow collector who may not be able to find, say for example a LL Boba Fett, because every one is hoarding 2 of each so they can have a single and double scar on the right leg BUT aren't bothered about the 2 different left legs.
Crazy logic of collecting and some what selfish.
And that's the end of the story, no one lived happily ever after because this will always go on frown emoticon
Sleep tight smile emoticon"

https://sites.google.com/site/lukebespinresearch/welcome/1-introduction

Last edited by aussiejames on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:50 am

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sdc12524
#1,#2, #3s (different hair colours)
The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sdc12523
#4s (different boot colours) #5s (different hair & badly discoloured)
The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sdc12522
#6s (slightly different hair) #7 Ledy, #8 'China baggie'
The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sdc12521
#7 Ledy, #8 Ledy, #8 (melt marks see pic below) #8 'China Baggie'
The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sdc12520
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:56 am

Euro-e/B Baggie, No COO figure #6
The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Image_zps540295c8

Palitoy-q Baggie, No COO raised bar figure #8
The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Image_zpsc14654be

Last edited by snaggletooth on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 5:05 pm

Follow the link in my signature for all your Bespin Luke needs  Very Happy

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5449-my-bespin-luke-limelight-research
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 2:21 pm

I've had a Bespin Luke in my collection for a few years which I bought because it had a 'short shot' hand and wanted him for my factory error run, on arrivalhe looked slightly different from the ginger Luke which I thought he was. But I never really payed it much attention and haven't since as he's always been housed with the factory error's and has kind of gone overlooked. Recently I was offered a Poch mixed up figure, when I saw it I immediatly thought of this figure and dug him out. I couldn't help but think that he had a few of the Poch traites and wondered about him.
In the last month or so though I've managed to find a further two of this figure which is NOT Poch but is different from the ginger Luke and is basically a new variation that I have previously over looked.
Here's the figure in question:

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Luke_110
The figure has the HK Large COO

Here's my three:

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Luke_210
He can be found with both HK Large COO's, both are here and the third is the factory error

Comparrison to the HK Large Ginger Luke:

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Luke_310
Figure 1 & 3 are Ginger Luke HK Large 1 & 2 - Figures 2 & 4 are New Luke HK Large 1 & 2

The main differences are on the head and boots, the Ginger Luke has darker ginger hair and thin black eyes, the new figure has lighter ginger hair and bold brown eyes. (It's difficult to see in the photo, but the eyes are a dark brown almost burgundy colour):

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Luke_410
Ginger on left, new figure on right

The other main difference is the boots, the ginger Lukes have brown boots a colour unique to that specific variation. The new Luke has the standard sienna boot's, but on all three examples I have the paint application is quite sloppy, often appearing on the trouser bottom as well:

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Luke_510
Ginger Brown boots left - New Luke sienna boots right

At some point in the near future I will be updatring my Bespin Luke research page and adding this information.
Back to top Go down
jadams67
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
jadams67

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:52 pm

I really love these threads. Lots of great reference material for us new to collecting guy. And I bet some of the veterans see a variety they never knew was out there.
Back to top Go down
sw.1979
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sw.1979

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:36 am

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 00417

arrh some body posted this link and told me to post pics of variants I have,. did knot no I had to no about the figures as I don't no much about these two, think the right is kenner but both have coo 5
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:50 am

Finally, the one which winds me up considerably! The Translucent head Luke. Please understand that this is NOT a variation! There is NO Translucent head Luke!
The Translucent head Luke is a transformant, the plastic has degraded in exactly the same way as the limbs when they fade.
The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Transl10

This particular occurrence is almost 100% exclusive to one specific figure, and that is the brown haired MIHK figure. The reason for this is that this specific figure appears to have been exclusively a baggie figure (I’ve seen a handful of questionable carded examples). The problem with baggie figures is that because the figure is sealed in the baggie which houses it closely, the figure tends to stew in the plastic chemicals it gives off, and as a result begins to discolour. The vast majority of ‘translucent’ head Luke’s also have faded limbs, which should once again set the alarm bells ringing.
The problem is that people always sell these as ‘rare’ and people seem to love paying a lot for them. The fact is that, it is absolutely no different what so ever from me saying “here buy this ‘rare’ yellow Stormtrooper”!

quote: the General
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 2:58 pm

There are 23 Unique variations of Bespin Luke (that's excluding COO combinations and minor batch-to-batch variations) Here they are:

Sculpt I - HK Large

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sany1834
1 - Yellow Hair, 2 - Ginger Hair Brown Boots, 3 - Ginger Hair Tan Boots, 4 - Brown Hair Caramel Boots (Poch), 5 - Brown Hair Tan Boots (Poch - Picture courtesy of Wolff wbobafett)

Sculpt II - HK Small

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sany1835
6 - Yellow Hair, 7 - Dark Ginger Hair, 8 - Light Ginger Hair, 9 - Mustard Hair

Sculpt II - HK Small (Altered)

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sany1836
10 - Mustard Hair, 11 - Olive Hair

Sculpt III - MIHK

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sany1837
12 - Yellow Hair, 13 - Brown Hair Painted Hip, 14 - Brown Hair Unpainted Hip (Poch)

Sculpt III - MIHK (1st Alteration)

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sany1838
15 - Caramel Boots, 16 - Chocolate Boots, 17 - Matte Dark Boots Painted Hip, 18 - Matte Dark Boots Unpainted Hip

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sany1839
19 - Glossy Dark Boots Painted Hip, 20 - Glossy Dark Boots Unpainted Hip, 21 Red/Brown Boots (Lili Ledy)

Sculpt III - MIHK (2nd Alteration)

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sany1842
22 - China Baggie, 23 - Lili Ledy

Anomolies & Errors

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sany1843
Lili Ledy Dark Haired Overstock Head

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sany1844
1 - Unpainted Buckle, 2 - Short Shot Hand & Saber Hilt, 3 - Spray Mask Error, 4 - Short Shot No Leg Markings

Mexican S.A. Bootlegs

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Sany1845
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Excellent overview Alex. Thank you for posting it here.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 3:51 pm

Thanks for the group shots. Sums them all up nicely.
Was TIGGY sitting bored in the corner while the Lukes were parading on the catwalk? Laughing

Love the dark brown boot Lukes. That's the one I am looking for now. I don't really care which, but something about those boots just looks superb!

Thanks again!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 5:07 pm

Well you are definately more likely to pick one up this side of the pond chief, so if you need any help, let me know chief. Shame I've sold a few on and I gave my last spare to Wolff last Christmas. I know what you mean though Jay, they do look great  Very Happy 

A few cardbacks:

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Kenner12

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 1c10
Kenner ESB 31 Back B

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 2c10
Kenner ESB 32 Back B

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 3c10
Kenner ESB 41 Back A

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 4c10
Kenner ESB 41 Back B

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 5c11
Kenner ESB 48 Back C - Palitoy Sticker

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 6c10
Kenner ROTJ 77 Back A

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Palito13

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 7c10
Palitoy ESB 30 Back A

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 8c10
Palitoy ESB 30 Back B

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 9c10
Palitoy ESB 45 Back A

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 10c10
Palitoy ROTJ 45 Back C

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 11c10
Tri-Logo ROTJ 70 Back (Palitoy Type 2)

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Miro_m10

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 12c10
Meccano ROTJ 65 Back
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:07 am

"Stéphane Faucourt :..... BTW trained eyes will have noticed the remains of a MISCARD trilogo bubble, not meccano; the luke bespin card was indeed part of the miscard packaging at the end of the trilogo line, packed with rebel soldier "
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 2:21 pm

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Poch_110

All 3 POCH variants (L to R) 1. COO II tan boots   2. COO II caramel boots   3. COO III

These figures have several typical POCH features that can be associated with Spanish figures in General, but the key distinguishing features that make these figures unique are; for the first two, brown hair. Figures from this specific COO family could only be found with blonde or ginger hair outside of Spain. The third figure has an unpainted hip, all non Spanish version of this specific fgure have the hip painted.

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Poch_210

POCH figure 1 - COO II 1a and COO II 1b

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Poch_310

POCH figure 1 & 2 - Boot colour comparrison, tan & caramel

The caramel boot colour found on the second POCH figure is completely unique to this specific COO family. Outside of Spain the blonde versions have tan boots and the ginger versions have either tan or brown. The only other place this boot colour can be found is on the Euro/PBP version from a different COO family (COO family III) as shown below.

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Poch_411

Poch figure 2 and Euro/PBP figure - Caramel boot colour comparrison
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 11:21 pm

:bump:
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 2:57 pm

Palitoy 45-back

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 145666794929864800_resized

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) 145666794466908500_resized
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 10:08 am

Mexican bootleg semi articulated Luke Bespin

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) Luke_b10
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 9:14 pm

:bump: for beautiful, new title pictures by Thundershot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)   The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke (BESPIN)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1