The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Collecting Goals: Reflecting 2011/ New Goals 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Collecting Goals: Reflecting 2011/ New Goals 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecting Goals: Reflecting 2011/ New Goals 2012   Collecting Goals: Reflecting 2011/ New Goals 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi Tad

I was abit where you are now last year . There was just so much cool stuff . Did not know what to get and what not to get .

So i did a deep search and found out that the stuff i loved the most was ESB stuff and then i "almost" only picked up ESB stuff .

Now i have the moc's that i love and in came the proof stuff and i have now opened up for just picking up what ever i feel is great and will make me happy .

I can haer that you are in a big dilemma so here are my 2 cents hope it can help you figurer out something :

You wil never get all the new stuff , as Lucas just wil keep on making new stuff . I don't think that it will ever be very valuble .
As there is just so much of it out there , and people have been saving it MISB , becouse they think they will make money on it in the years to come .

When you have put it in your trust found , and you say that it is still woth something even thoug is new school . Yes that is right , but if /when your kids have to sell that stuff they have to know : who, why, when etc . to get the good money out of it , other wise they just sell for p-nuts .

I have just been in my fathers place cleaning up and trowing out stuff . As he is old and might ned to god to a retirement home in the near future . There where a lot of stuff that i always have been told OHHHH it is so expencive and woth so much money ......... Well i can't sell s... of it and if i can it is for a very low price , and the time and erfert i have to put into it .
makes it not woth my time head bang

It makes me sad and angry . What is wrong with money in the bank dad ?
So what i mean is . Is it better to sell off some of the stuff and have the money sitting for the kids instead ?
A huge collection of "random " stuff might make it even harder for them to find out what's what

I would have loved for my dad to have sold al his pricles s... him self and just gave me the money .

Any way that was just my 2 cents :

The botten line is that you have to do what's right for you .

Best

Soren

Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Goals: Reflecting 2011/ New Goals 2012   Collecting Goals: Reflecting 2011/ New Goals 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Hey Soren--

Maybe I misspoke about my trust. The value was why we decided to put it in the trust. But we have it going to my oldest son because he loves Star Wars. So we don't really have it in there simply for him to sell, but because we think he will appreciate it the most. The only reason I brought up value was because that was the reason we decided to specify it in the trust. You can't put everything you own in a trust, it's just too tedious. So instead, we just specified a few things that are particularly large or valuable to make it easy on our kids. We were really just trying to prevent them from having to figure out what to do with all of our crap. If we tell them what we want, it' already decided and there won't be any dispute over it.

Honestly, we decided to finally start our trust for 2 reasons: 1. We were going on our first vacation without our kids, so it was motivation in case the unthinkable happened. And 2. Because I have a really good friend that lost his father a year and a half ago, and all of them are still trying to figure out what to do with his estate. Not that it's a selfish dispute, but it's hard to know what exactly their father would have wanted.

So, I just have it in the trust for ease for my kids. I honestly think my son would keep it, and maybe someday pass it on to his kids as well. We're really planning a lot so that money shouldn't be an issue for them when we're gone to have to worry about funeral expenses, etc. So we have a monetary side to our trust, and then a kind of heirloom side where we say what we want to happen with our most important things.

I still don't know what to do with it, though.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Goals: Reflecting 2011/ New Goals 2012   Collecting Goals: Reflecting 2011/ New Goals 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:24 pm

As I have not been a member on here for a year I did not set myself any goals for 2011, so am going to set myself some for 2012.
I am going to just work on finishing off both my loose figure set's this year, as money is going to be a little tighter I am going to try and get all the ROTJ figures I need, but any of the others will be a bonus
And in between all that I will be starting my Bossk focus.
Also I will be trying to sort out a better display area, when I'm happy with that then maybe a limelight.
And last of all and the hardest one is trying to stay focused on loose figures and Bossk and not get sucked in with all your tri logo talk and bootlegs and everything else I look at and think yeah that's cool then find myself looking at in the for sale area.
Wish me luck and I will report back this time next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Goals: Reflecting 2011/ New Goals 2012   Collecting Goals: Reflecting 2011/ New Goals 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collecting Goals: Reflecting 2011/ New Goals 2012

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2