The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. Empty
PostSubject: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 8:20 pm

It's that time of year again. Time to reflect on your goals over the past year and looking forward to 2014. Below is what we all had in mind for 2013. Lets see how we did. New guys get in on the action. It's fun and I love looking back and seeing what we all did and what new goals popped up in the last 12 months.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5097-reflections-on-your-collecting-during-2012-and-your-collecting-goals-for-2013?highlight=collecting+goals+for+2013

My 2013 goal was to take a break. Both due to having bought a house and because comic collecting had my attention. Also I'd become stale on vintage SW and just didn't have the drive to collect anything.

So I met this goal pretty well. The break was refreshing. But I still didn't find an area of the hobby I wanted to concentrate on. Partway into 2013 I decided to focus on my Hulk collections both toys and comics. I added some nice Hulk toys and am about 120 or so issues away from a full set of Incredible Hulk comics cheers .

Goals for 2014:

1. Continue to add cool Hulk items to the collection and add some new issues to the comics as well. I'm cheap and most of the Hulk issues I need now are a little pricier. If I can add 10 issues between #s 102-180 I'll be happy. Piggybacked on this goal will be working on other comics sets I have going. Such as The Flash, Wonder Woman, Justice Society, Superman etc.. Oh and toys related to them as well. I have a short attention span Rolling Eyes 

2. Maybe finally get back to a little vintage SW. I love the 12 inch line. Maybe a goal will be to hunt down nice examples of those. Maybe pick up some Mini Rigs as well. I like those too.

3. This is a broad goal with lots of roads to travel. I recently redid my collection room and dedicated a section of my display to my childhood toys. Which is mainly 80s related. It got me wanting to pick up what I consider oddball toy lines from the 70s and 80s. We'll see where this leads. It'll be fun.

Ok fellas. It's your turn. How did you do in 2013 and what's next in 2014??
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 8:23 pm

2013- quit collecting

2014-continue not collecting. hehehehe

Paul, got a very nice tri-pod cannon with a UK price sticker on it here with your name AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL over it
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:16 pm

aussiejames wrote:
From last year:
1. My main goal should be to catalogue everything I have, it was a daunting task a few years ago ( I didn't do it then !!) but that's going to be number one on my list - same as last year  

2. Sell/trade my extras

3. Get all ROTJ characters MOC

4. I'll think about it  EDIT - GET TIM TO DO A LIMELIGHT

5. Keep having fun & finding a bargain or two  

Well,  #1. I failed dismally again  but managed to get about half my loose variants photographed in the FOTW threads.  I'd like to continue to get my stuff up on those threads.

#2.  Laughing   OK I'm a hoarder maybe just maybe I'll thin down, trade my extras  :scratch:

#3.  managed to get a few more MOC & will aim to complete the run as well as the MIM run
      always on the look out for cardbacks ( especially Ledy, went from almost half way to almost two thirds  Very Happy  )

#4.   lol! enough said

#5.   The most important one  " Keep having fun & finding a bargain or two "

WELL I still haven't sorted out my collection ( it's really a disgracefull looking room )
Still haven't sold a thing!
I did complete my MIM run ( but do need a Logray upgrade )
 " Keep having fun & finding a bargain or two "

2013 has flown by far too quickly, had a lot of personal stuff to deal with (as usual).
If I organise just half my collection in 2014 I'll be happy.
I'd also like to increase my input in the TIG resources.
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:25 pm

2013 was a good year for adding a few nice peices to my focus.
2014 my hopes are higher, and i will be looking to add, at least one from the list below,
:SOS: 
-Toltoys
-Glasslite
-GDE
-Takara white back
-DT loose unsure 
Also keep searching for,
-Letters i need to add to letterred saber run
-3 or 4 baggies i need
And finally get things organised, set up display cabinet.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 5:17 am

cantina_patron wrote:

Finances permitting, my goals for 2013 are:

1. to complete my MIM run.

2. to get at least 10 more loose Ledy including Han (Trench Coat) & Luke (Jedi).

3. keep my eyes open for those variant bargins. Very Happy

How have I done so far?

1. No new MIM moc's. Sad 

2. I've acquired 15 loose Ledy's including Luke Jedi. cheers 

3. I've picked up several bargain variants & up grades. cheers 

So overall, it's not been a bad year for collecting. Very Happy 

Goals for 2014?

Pretty much the same as for this year. And I will get myself a Ledy Han Trench Coat.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:16 am

Well, since I only started this past year, my goals were all over the place. I was/am learning more about the hobby as whole and really didn't know what exactly I wanted. There were too many distractions along the way trying to find exactly what I wanted to focus on and then to stick with. Wasted too much money on things I simply can't or won't follow through with.

So.... for 2013........

• Refine my overall collection and philosophy and sell off what doesn't make sense.
  • Slow back on my Leia Bespin focus chaos
  • Try to finish my Leia Bespin Kenner MOC run (2 left as far as I know)
  • Continue to add to my loose Kenner figure run - (only at the first 21 plus a smattering of figures throughout so far)
  • Refine my loose run with foreign/rare variants to stick with 1 figure of each w/ only major variants as dupes
  • Possibly think of another character to focus on (it's so interesting to have a laser beam focus!)
  • Work towards better ways to display what I have
  • Try to find a hidden gem / fantastic deal

That's all I can think of right now but that seems about right.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 12:28 pm

2013 over again?? WOW Shocked 
wbobafett wrote:
Every year Im searching my goals from last year...just to recognize I never wrote them down!  head bang

I had to check old limelights to get a faint impression......so 2011 was a very good year whereas 2012 was very frustrating!

I had a minimum of 800 euros lost or broken while shipment (or wasnt described as broken from seller), I guess it was way more, but dont wanna know exactly. 2012 was a year of dissapointments in collection (for me personally). I spend much time getting my Poch and LL guides on which costed me time finding figures for my own collection Very Happy

The bootleg market went crazy on figures Im searching , the Poch market went crazy etc

I bought a lot of weapons this year to complete my loose stuff, still missing a lot and missed the best deals.

At least I got my Takara Set completed this year!

Anyway.....my main goals stay the same since years:

- Complete TT Yoda
- Uzay R2
- LL Bib burgundy cape in acceptable condition (which Im working on at the moment Very Happy). Hopefully I dont buy the third fake!
- find a C-8 Meccano DSD
- Polish Leia original

Other goals are:
- Upgrade my glasslite set!
- Upgarde a few Ledys
- complete all three LL Jawas!
- get on with weapons and accessories (especially to help the gunnery Very Happy;))
- get my hungarian set completed (with weapons)
- maybe find an Uzay DSD and Headman

Poch and PBP are off the list for 2013...LOL...well PBP is complete anyway!

...and most important:

Get my loose set sorted (half of them half to go in 2013!)

Good 2013 to all! Happy hunting! Very Happy

Okay...what do we have here:

REVIEW 2013

1. I finally got my Uzay R2 with saber in MINT cvondition and an Uzay DSD with chrome.....this year was the best ever. Also the guy that sold them to me do not want to get mentioned: This was the deal of my life...I still think it is a dream to finally obtain these figures after decades of searching them. It is always easy to obtain certain figures if you have the cash and the connections, but I do not have that kind of cash so I am really really thankfull that I had the connections and a really "none greedy" friend who gave them to me for a price I can afford......I couldn't be happier......THANK YOU!!!

2. The next highlight this year was the "only TW" Vader I got from Oscar! It is miny mint I have to say: Merry christmas Oscar and thank you very very much Wink. It is rare that I am sooo happy with an upgrade/coo variant. I already had one but this one is out of this world...just fantastic!

3. After I bought the two Uzays I really reduced my spendings...some upgardes here and there...nothing more. Thanks to Ozio there was some important LL upgrades. Very Happy

4. I got a great deal on a LL Bib Fortuna burgundy cape! Finally...after years having a beater one and a lot of fakes I finally got the real deal. Seriously...if I would have bought an AFA one in the beginning for crazy crazy mones...I would have even saved money. The good fakes on those costed me a few hundreds alone Sad Razz 

4. I finally bought some looong serached Euro/PBP variants...damn.....Two of them I searched for 3-4 years. I hope to make a guide on these variants of variants too very soon!! I have not much left on my "produced" variants list...to be specific...nothing spectacular....all that is missing is boring IMO....very boring.

So after the year 2012 were I thought I am complete (nearly) I can now say: I am complete....some bootlegs I would love (really), but production wise it is only "musts" left...nothing I would celebrate that much....and of course: upgrading, upgrading, upgarding...Sad 

GOALS FOR 2014:

1.Bootlegs:
- I still want that polish orginal Leia. I even got that brown Chewie in 2013, so the Leia is a MUST!
- I am in the middle enjoying fully movable mexican ones...a tough and very unsearched area....Have two now and I haver to say: I want MORE!! Very Happy
- MT is always a collection goal....but I do not spend fortunes on those....so I still have to be patient. Very Happy
- Uzay headman...*sigh*....the last of the line...well....one day maybe?? I still want a thin armband Stormtrooper and lightcape ERG. Of course I also need a ton of weapons..

2. Production:
Well...this is the boring part... Wink
- Upgarde some GL
- Upgarde some LL (still....will it ever end??)
- Upgarde French Trilogos!! (Most important to me: DSD and Luke Framboy)
- Some Poch stuff to add...also some minor variants...but to be honest..these goals wouldnt help me to get on with collecting (means=boring!)
- Still need to sort things out...I hav waaay too many figures but need to get some guides done before (same reason since years...LOL)

Anyway....I hope you wish me luck!

Merry christmas and a happy new year...and good hunt in 2014!!!!

Best

Wolff
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:03 pm

2013- Added a few Kenner pre-production first 20 pieces/figures....
2014- Continue to be a cheerleader for you guys : )
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:

Goals for 2013:

#1 Get more X-Wing stuff.

#2 More oddball and vinyl records!

#3 Might start another 'side' focus! Don't quite know what yet  Wink

#4 Aim to get to Celebration Euro and meet some TIG buddies  cheers

I sucked at my 2013 goals Razz 

I didn't get any vinyl records, or start a new side focus, and no way did I even get close to attending Celebration Euro  No 

But I did get some very nice LXWP moc, and a fair bit of oddball Smile 

Goals for 2014:

#1...Get a Popy LXWP
#2...Get a POTF LXWP
#3...Get more paperwork items for new side-focus

good luck everyone in getting the goodies you want for 2014 cheers

Last edited by Artoo_Detour on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 5:18 pm

2013 has been one of the worst years I've had in my over 20 years of collecting vintage SW toys. I only acquired one truly grail level item, in fact I could likely count the additions to my bootleg collection this year on my hands and still have fingers left.  I came the closest to selling off my collection that I've been so far. Was blacklisted, and lost help/information for my site from one former friend because I disagreed with him over how he IMO backdoored a friend of mine on an item that he got via somewhat sketchy methods. Was fucked out of getting another important piece as part of another collectors passive aggressive vendetta against me, in a situation where the first person to respond was supposed to get the item.  
   I've continued to sell off my licensed SW collection and have also sold off the bulk of my modern prototype collection and have begun buying and selling toys as a sideline to help fund my other non SW 70s/ early 80s toy collections as well as my re-growing collection of Silver Age Marvel comics.  

2014: I hope to continue to build the outer realm site and enjoy my non SW collection, as it comes with far less pseudo political bullshit disguised as community than SW does... I may start a set of carded Marvel Secret Wars figs....  I'd of course like to track down some more bigger pieces for the bootleg collection, and continue my goal of every SA Marvel #1 and key book.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 9:59 am

Man, a year already?

Well here it goes

Ghost of Darthberizingpast wrote:

As for 2013, I'm not really sure what it'll bring but that's been my way since 2008 and it's work out so far!
2103 turned out to be a crazy year. I actually posted it about it here:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6505-2013-what-a-flippin-year

I moved over 40 pieces from the collection, added GDE's, POCHs and an Uzay MOC. I can't believe that it was so active!!

As for 2104

Ghost of Darthberizing Future wrote:

Just like every year, no idea what the future will bring!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Walkie wrote:
2013 Targets

1. Complete my loose Droids run.
2. Complete my Lili Ledy run (14'ish missing)
3. Buy a few more foreign variants Glasslite / Top Toys.
4. Buy a few more foreign instruction leaflets / posters.
4. Maybe start collecting POCH??.
5. Downsize by MOC collection.

2013 Review

1. Complete my loose Droids run - Done Smile
2. Complete my Lili Ledy run - Done, basic run complete Smile
3. Buy a few more foreign variants Glasslite / Top Toys - Done Smile, I even managed to complete these runs, this is getting scary!!
4. Buy a few more foreign instruction leaflets / posters - Slow going, I even considered selling them off at one point but managed to pick up several PBP, Ledy and parker items along the way.
4. Maybe start collecting POCH/PBP - Although i'm still a looooooooooong way off, I added several of the more interesting ones imo to my collection, including han hoth (Brown Legs), 4-Lom with red harness, black boots rebel soldier etc...
5. Downsize by MOC collection - I managed to sell off all but my first 12, they are staying put for now. 

I was a little naughty and started collecting Meccano & Takara variants this year, and only need the Takara DV for the latter  Sad

2014 Targets

1. Upgrade some of collection, mainly the Ledy & Meccano runs and track down a few more POCH/PBP figures.
2. Finish the Glasslite Guide & work on my Top Toys to a stage where it can be published.
3. Find a LL Blonde haired Leia Bespin & Silver C-3PO.
4. Find a Takara Darth Vader
5. Collect more COO's...something I swore never to do!
6. Maybe one or two bootlegs...something else I swore never to do!
7. Win the lottery to pay for the above!!!
8. Nearly forgot this one....Catalogue my collection.

Last edited by walkie on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Goals for 2013:

Add a few figures to the collection as and when.

2013 Review:

Added a few figures to the collection. cheers 

Goals for 2014:

Add a few figures to the collection as and when.
Back to top Go down
Kenner76
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Kenner76

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 pm

I didn't post any collecting goals here for 2013, but I did a major collection overhaul and sold/traded most of my moc's. I also downsized my loose and bootleg collection. I'm mainly working on a few focus characters and collecting preproduction items now. Smile

My goals for 2014:
-to find any Star Wars Jawa Proof card
-track down a Kea Moll proof card & head pull
-find a POTF Bib proof
-find a Jessica Meade HC, 1st shot, and the Meade droids original art (I can dream)
-lastly, to make some more friends and enjoy what's left of my collection

I'll be more than satisfied if I can complete one or two of my goals in 2014.

Good luck everyone in 2014! Happy collecting!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Review of 2013

Awesome year. Got my hands on a DT Luke, Ben and Vader with only the Vader inner not being genuine. Completed my loose collection of figures except for R2 sabre but there's still time.
CE2 - meeting my collecting friends was the biggest one.
Getting a complete loose Kenner Death Star Playset

Goals for 2014

It's now time to be more selective. I'm going to focus on completing mini-rigs, vehicles and possibly 12" figures. I don't have many to go.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 2:53 pm

cc4rhu wrote:
Review of 2013

Awesome year.  Got my hands on a DT Luke, Ben and Vader with only the Vader inner not being genuine.
Shocked Did you ever post pics?
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Didn't really have a goal this year, but made great strides in getting many complete boxed rigs & ships.

My goal for 2014 would be to complete my near mint loose collection & get a matching display cabinet to give them more space. The single cabinet is getting a bit cramped. If I'm flush I'll take my small collection of cardbacks further and hope to get one quality back for each figure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:03 pm

walkie wrote:
cc4rhu wrote:
Review of 2013

Awesome year.  Got my hands on a DT Luke, Ben and Vader with only the Vader inner not being genuine.
Shocked Did you ever post pics?
On my limelight on SWFUK. I'll get then transferred here when I've got some time. Needs an update too.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 7:54 am

Gorneesh wrote:
In 2011 I wrote:
I am going to just work on finishing off both my loose figure set's this year, as money is going to be a little tighter I am going to try and get all the ROTJ figures I need
As for loose figures from ROTJ I dont think I am any farther on than this time last year
And in between all that I will be starting my Bossk focus.
I got this started with a few items of the best bounty hunter but as per normal I got a bit side tracked
Also I will be trying to sort out a better display area, when I'm happy with that then maybe a limelight.

As for the display area its now smaller than it was this time last year

In review of 2012, even if I did not meet any of my set out goals, I think it has been a good year in my collecting hobby, other than buying a few nice bits the highlight of the year was making a few new friends along the way, who I can talk baseball with as well as Star Wars.

As for 2013 I am going to work on my small collection of Foreign MOC, and my loose collection, but I would rather buy a few items of high quality than a load of lesser quality, as for the display area I have a few ideas that I think will look sweet but you lot will have to wait and see them.
What a year 2013 has been for me!! And its all change..
In 2013 I sold most of my vintage collection (Bossk, Foreign and my mailers) all gone, I still have my loose collection and a few bits that I have not been able to sell.
The reason that made me sell up is a bit of a strange one, a Bossk Revenge proff came up for sale that I really wanted, but somewhere inside this part of me was saying that spending £100s on what after all is just a bit of card was fucking stupid and not justifiable, the more I played it out in my mind the stronger that feeling got, well it sold in the end to another lucky collector, but that feeling made me question my collecting.
Now don't get me wrong I still love vintage its just how and what I collect that's changed, it's at about this time over on another forum I saw a collection that I really liked it was a collection of vintage items mixed in with Sideshow/Gentle Giant and replica props and seeing them all together I was like Shocked Shocked
That collection has inspired me and has cleared my mind and lead me to focus on what I want to collect and how to display it.

In 2014 my collection is going to be based on what I call the Icons of Star Wars, it to be a mix of vintage, Sideshow and GG and props.
The icons to me are Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers as well as the Tie Fighter and X- Wing also the Falcon but that might be room depending as I will be limited on space, I know that these figures are also the expensive ones to buy but now I would rather buy quality not quantity.
Its strange I have never been that focused before and even now I have seen stuff I would of normally have brought, but now I'm like yeah that's nice but I will wait until the right piece comes along.
I also hope to Finnish of my Imperial Gunner costume so I can troop with the UK Garrison.
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi all,

2013 was overall a good year for me. My interest was re-kindled after selling off some of my extra MOC figures in March. Up until then I had been out of the game for about 15 years! I was amazed at how much stuff was available on eBay, and the strong interest in it!

Highlights for me:
- Getting the last 10 or so MOC figures that I needed to complete a 96 figure run. That's complete and job done in my book!
- Getting most of the outstanding playsets/vehicles I never managed to get back in the 90's such as Tatooine Skiff, Awing and Sandcrawler
- Getting some missing complete loose figures such as Blue snaggie and Luke with a proper stormtrooper helmet and black blaster

Lowlights/shocks
- Coming to terms with where the hobby is now with reproduction items, fakes and scams
- Having people send MOC figures through the mail to me in a bubble jiffy envelope.
- The price ramp up for loose figures over the last few months has been astounding. April/May time you could pick up your complete Lando General, Luke Battle Poncho etc for £20 max. Now they are closer to £40. Does this hobby go through seasonal prices? ...

Goals for 2014
- I've decided to see how far I can get with a full set of 62 POTF coins
- Not get scammed in pursuit of the above

And just wanted to say thanks to all who run this site. I don't post often, but I do drop in and have a read quite regularly about what's going on!

Cheers, Jared.
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:56 pm

I did not post in the other thread, but here you go.

Overall, a very quiet, but good year for me...

Goals for 2013:

1. Hopefully, post my Jawa Shot First article.
Unfortunately, I doubt this will ever be posted. The research is there, but the owners, specifically some of them not wanting pictures shared is the reason. I would love to share the information, but doubt it will go forward.

2. Land more POTF2 Prototypes for my collection.
Landed a few modern prototypes/pre-production pieces for the collection (Signature below).

3. Find a MISB or MIB with sealed contents Star Wars Droid Factory.
Found a SW and ESB version. (Signature below).

4. Find a ESB Jawa proof card. Almost any cardback will do at this point.
ESB 41 back sample proof (Signature below).

5. Find the remaining Takara Rubber Jawas. Seven more to go..
No luck on these..

6. Find the remaining POTF Jawa proof variants.
I know where they are,but the owners will not sale them.

7. Land my "dream" piece, an Unproduced 8" ESB Jawa Box Flat. Chances are it might come up for air/sale this year.
Well, guess my future visit to Gus's house will be the only time I see this in person. However, it will not be coming home with me.

8. Find Jawas that interest me. For example, patches, etc..
Lots of new patches with Jawas (Signature below).

9. Stay in tune with my goals and let things go where they go.
Check

10. Have fun and accept that I am one with the community and continue to give back.
Check

11. Make it to Edmonton for Shane's Show.
Maybe in 2014. We might be comparing beards..

Goals for 2014:

1. Find Jawas that interest me and that I want to add to my collection.

2. Add more Jawa baggies to the collection.

3. Have fun or sell everything.

4. Stay in tune with my goals and let things go where they go.

5. More deep thought on where my collection goes from here.
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:20 pm

My goals from last year -

My collecting goals for 2012 & 2013 remain unchanged, I want to finish Wolff's COO guide. At the start of 2012, I was missing around 125 figures & as of today I'm down to missing 37. So for 2013, my goal is to get this finished & then move on to another area of SW collecting. The best part of the hobby for me in 2012 was all the new people I've met online, specifically here on TIG. This place has become my SW "home" & I never tire of hearing about what other people collect & reading the info that is shared here. For me, this was a great year collecting-wise. Thanks guys, I appreciate ya!

What I actually acquired in 2013 -

(Meccano DSD, LL Lando, TT Luke x2, TT Vader, Luke with "A" lettered hilt, TT Chirpa, TT Yoda, Hollow tube Tusken Raider, Meccano Luke, R5-D4)

Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. 001_zps91eb4938

2013 wasn't too exciting, I am down to 22 figures to finish Wolff's guide but it has been a very slow year for me otherwise. My "purchase of the year" was definitely the Meccano DSD, many thanks again Greg (flycasual) for selling me one & to (aussie) James for pointing me in the right direction Smile

My collecting goals for 2014 -

Finish the old COO guide & find out the origins of the R5-D4 with extra red rectangle. I'm not sure what my obsession is with this R5-D4, but I need to know. Finding one MOC or in a baggie would be sweet. I also think 2014 may be the year I start a Luke farmboy focus. With that said, I need to find a Poch & PBP one...that should be easy enough  :I am stupid: 

Pat

Last edited by RetroRewindToys on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Hey Pat,

Some killer variants in that photo above, do I spy several Top Toys figures? I don't suppose you saw the auction for 3 near complete ones a few days ago?

Good luck on finding the origins of the red bar R5, hopefully there isn't another Toni out there, but this time with a red marker pen LOL!!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:38 pm

RetroRewindToys wrote:
...I also think 2014 may be the year I start a Luke farmboy focus...

affraid 

I hate to see what you consider a start after seeing all your awesome Luke FBs!!!!!!! Laughing

Good luck!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 6:45 pm

walkie wrote:
Hey Pat,

Some killer variants in that photo above, do I spy several Top Toys figures? I don't suppose you saw the auction for 3 near complete ones a few days ago?

Good luck on finding the origins of the red bar R5, hopefully there isn't another Toni out there, but this time with a red marker pen LOL!!

Many thanks Walkie! Yes, definitely some TT figures in there, I went back & edited in what was actually pictured, totally forgot to do that. I totally missed the auctions on eBay, that seems to be my M.O. of late. I actually found a lot of these on Facebook of all places!
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.   Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reflections on 2013 and collecting goals for 2014.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next