The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lili Ledy Factory

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:02 pm

Thanks for some additional info, Ozio. cheers

This is great stuff.

Who knows there might still be some Lili Ledy remainings in the other building. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:59 pm

OZIO wrote:
Hi guys, on video #2 sec 15-20 on the right side, you can see the LL building that Adolfo told us about, Charly got to a parking lot using a GPS, so at that moment according to the GPS he was standing where the LL factory used to be.
On these videos Charly is trying to imagine the factory. I think his next videos are going to be on the other building, let's wait and see. :nailbiting:

Exactly Ozio , Carlos ( Charlie) took the same exact pictures, they are posted in his facebook, in this video he is standing "inside" the LL factory!! (or use to be!)

Dr Dengar wrote:

******************************* BREAKING NEWS ****************************************

Adolfo: this seems to be a different site factory site as you posted before?

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3247-lili-ledy-factory-pics?highlight=factory

Marco , why you say is a different building???, I don´t understand! Is the exact same building but from other angle !!!! ...... My friend, I DO visited that place when I was young and many other persons in the facebook page, actually a friend of mine from Mexico city corrects Carlos in yesterday´s pics about the location of the factory and Carlos reply that he didn´t knew where was the factory at that time!! (His First time in there!!)
Just to make sure we are talking about the same building ..... Here is one of Carlos pics! ( Actually he took more pics from the building , and many other people has take the exact same building!!) ... BY THE WAY , CONGRATS TO CARLOS FOR THOSE GREAT , GREAT VIDEOS !!

Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 42434610Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 30179211
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:03 pm

merlin wrote:

Marco , why you say is a different building???, I don´t understand! Is the exact same building but from other angle !!!!

Well try to see it from my perspective. I don't understand Spanish so well and maybe that's why the link between the parking lot which Carlos is visiting in the videos and the pics of the other building you showed us once, was not all too clear to me.

That's why I was wondering - not saying - it was a different building.

Till Ozio gave a comment that 'your' building can be seen in the video as well when driving to the parking lot Very Happy

So for the record - and pls correct me if I am wrong - there are two locations in these videos.
A parking lot where according to GPS coordinates the Lili Ledy factory should have been once. And the factory building which is 20 seconds down the road, shown in the pic below.

I am thrilled to see Carlos visiting that factory building soon.

BTW: Where in Mexico is this factory located?

Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 LiliLedyFactory

EDIT: After making these videos, Carlos realized that the parking lot was not the right location. More videos were made....(thx Adolfo!)

Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:37 pm

No problem my friend!!! .... Yes there are 2 locations in this video , But I think Carlos was very excited to find the Ledy Factory , the GPS took Carlos to number 44 ( like Ozio explained) instead of 33 ( where the Ledy was located!) , number 44 is a Restaurant with a big parking lot ( nothing to do with the Ledy Factory) Carlos didn´t knew how the factory looked like , so when he is at the parking lot he starts to imagine how everything was set and how things were produced ( he looks very exceited and happy !!!) anyway he says in the video that the GPS took him to number 44 so he is willing to inspect site with number 33.... ( the building that we all know now!)

He already upload the videos , I think they are divided in 7 parts!!
By the way..... in one of my posts when I narrated my visit to the Ledy Factory I said I remember a farm or something like that , in one of the videos, Carlos interview a person that has live there for a very long time, he confirms that there was a farm near the Ledy FActory!!!!.... so my memories are not that bad!!! ..... I´m waiting for a friend to send me the pic of him and me standing in front of the Ledy factory back in the days!!! ( I know I have promise that pic a lot of times, but so far , everything I have said about the Ledy factory has been confirm!!.... I really wish that in that pic I will be holding the Ledy action figure that they gave to school visits!!).... that will confirm the whole story I´ve been telling in here but seems nobody belives!! .LOL!!!!...... I really hope my friend finds that pic!

The fctory Is located like 30 kms away from Mexico City Downtown ( around 2 or 3 hours driving )
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:13 am

This is fantastic!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Carlos uploaded some more videos, this time of the former Lili Ledy factory.

Carlos' comments on the videos. (again I did my best to translate them)

#5: The number of the previous location [parking lot] appeared to be wrong for the Lili Ledy factory, and I asked the locals about the right number.

#6: Thanks to Mr. Ausencio for giving an interview, despite being a shy person. Mr. Ausencio has worked in the same place for more than 40 years.

#7: This is the back side of the factory.

#8: Conclusion. The search of the Lili Ledy factory made me a bit sad but I am very excited to continue further with this project. I am looking forward to your help in case you know people who can provide more data from the factory. Thank you all for your support and especially thanks to Kikin for accompanying me in this crazy adventure.

Carlos, I know you are reading this, so I say on behalf of TIG, thank you very much for these great vids, my friend.

You have earned the Lili Ledy Nobel Prize this year for excellent field research. cheers cheers

Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 Ceremony

BTW:
- Was Mr Ausencio working for the Lili Ledy factory so long?
- The building is for sale now, so I would call 5390 6144 (the number on the billboard) to make an appointment to visit the Lili Ledy factory. Don't forget to bring your camera. Maybe there is still some Ledy overstock laying around there. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:48 am

Wow and like congrats on trying to finalise this "episode" lol

Get some pix of it as it is now AND it would be really great to find some "back in the day" pics, there must be one photo somewhere surely? Wink

(Before/After)

Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:50 am

wow congrats to all it's been a awesome jurney with the best result ever
just amazing to see pictures and a vidio of the legend lili ledy factory

if anyone is good at vidio editing it would be just awesome to get some subtitles in the vidio
so we all can enjoy the moment more

i am shue adolfo or ozio could translate it for us, please my friends Wink

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:08 am

It was fascinating to watch the videos.
I can only imagine how much this new insight into the factory must mean to the verteran Ledy collectors.
Big thanks to everyone involved in sharing it with us! cheers
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:57 am

Thanks for posting up the videos Marco and for translating, also for explaining whats going on in them Ozio.

I'm nearly exited as Carlos watching them, just wish my Spanish was up to scratch but I'm Loving all this new info that's coming to light on the Ledy Factory.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:04 am

The Admiral wrote:

Get some pix of it as it is now AND it would be really great to find some "back in the day" pics, there must be one photo somewhere surely? Wink

(Before/After)

That would be awesome, Rob!

I hope that one day we will see pics showing the Lili Ledy factory in its full glory.

@ Adolfo: If you succeed to retrieve that childhood pic, there is a big chance you will win the Lili Ledy Nobel prize for best picture this year. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 5:24 am

The video's don't work when i click on them! Sad

Can somebody please fix them as i would love to see them! Cool
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:07 am

DarthStanley wrote:

bugger it looks like they are gone : https://www.youtube.com/user/darksaintshop#g/u :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:24 am

aussiejames wrote:
DarthStanley wrote:

bugger it looks like they are gone : https://www.youtube.com/user/darksaintshop#g/u :scratch:

Yup, the videos have been remvoved. I have no idea why. Sad

Luckily I made this screencap for future references, where you can clearly see the LL factory at the right side while Carlos was driving.

Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:49 am

Well...vids are gone for now, probably Carlos is working on them... :scratch:
In the meantime here we have some pics, Front:
Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 431639_3235573644128_1110304487_3296773_1204586672_n
and the back:
Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 419303_3235575204167_1110304487_3296775_475785382_n
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 3:21 am

Good news! Very Happy

Carlos edited his "Quest for the Lili Ledy Factory" videos and put them back online. He also made a trailer.

Enjoy the show, again!!! cheers

I asked Carlos to post a little comment in this thread. I hope he will do so.

Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Hey guys take a look at this videos, it's TV advert from 1972, in order to present the toys for that year Lili Ledy used a Charlie's Angels theme,
you can see the factory on some shots, too bad it has no audio Sad

PART 1

PART2

PART3

PART4

PART5

Cheers
Ozio

Last edited by OZIO on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:20 am

It's a shame there is no audio, but still very interesting Ozio. Big + for sharing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Great find, Ozio!! cheers

Another big + earned!

In movie 3 , we can see the outside of the Lili Ledy factory building (from 5:07).

It looks like the same building as we have seen before in Charly's videos made in Tlalnepantla. Cool!!

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:24 am

Something which I would like to share with you, guys. As you can see below, different addresses were printed on the Lili Ledy guaranty sheets.

Lili Ledy guaranty sheet (picture made by Ozio).
Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 LiliLedyWarrantySheet
Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 LiliLedyWarrantySheet_2

One address is located in the Mexccan city Guadalajara.
Lili Ledy collector DelToro lives in Guadalajara, and told me that the building at that address still exists.
Even better, the business at that place is still toy related, but off course they don't work for Lili Ledy anymore.

Building at the Guadalajara address which is printed on the Lili Ledy guaranty sheet. "Juguetes" means toys. (pic provided by DelToro)
Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 LiliLedyBuildingGuadalajara-1

BTW: Another address which is printed on the guaranty sheet is located in Tlalnepantla. In this city the Lili Ledy factory was also located (see previous posts).

I wonder about the other addresses on the guanranty sheet. Will there still be the same buildings as thirty years ago, still toy related business?
Let the googlemap quest begin! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 7:35 pm

I saw that charlies angels theme vid some weeks ago, I thought they were going to sex it up bigtime when the girls entered the big boss' office! lol!
Nice thread by the way, almost like archeology digging up those vids and pics!
Back to top Go down
DelToro_Sith
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
DelToro_Sith

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:19 pm

I went to Rayón 614 but the people who live there told me this building was like a warehouse, the " oficina de la jugueteria " as they told me, was located in Penitenciaria street # 22 from just one block from there ( they still sell toys but sorry no lili ledy stock,jejeje) but was a more big building

Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 Lili_l10

All people who i asked ( neighborhoods from the colony)are agree that the remains of Lili Ledy in effect are this building, but sincerely i dont know why Lili Ledy put their warehouse address and not their office in Penitenciaria Street?

Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 Lilile10
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:04 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
Something which I would like to share with you, guys. As you can see below, different addresses were printed on the Lili Ledy guaranty sheets.

Lili Ledy guaranty sheet (picture made by Ozio).
Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 LiliLedyWarrantySheet
Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 LiliLedyWarrantySheet_2

One address is located in the Mexccan city Guadalajara.
Lili Ledy collector DelToro lives in Guadalajara, and told me that the building at that address still exists.
Even better, the business at that place is still toy related, but off course they don't work for Lili Ledy anymore.

BTW: Another address which is printed on the guaranty sheet is located in Tlalnepantla. In this city the Lili Ledy factory was also located (see previous posts).

I wonder about the other addresses on the guanranty sheet. Will there still be the same buildings as thirty years ago, still toy related business?
Let the googlemap quest begin! Very Happy

Marco , I´m going to the Mexico City convention in 2 weeks , that Mexico City address "Yacatas 296-D" is 5 blocks away from my mom´s apartment, we move to that apartment in 83 , Lili ledy disappear one or 2 years after that , it was on my way to the school , BUT HONESTLY I don´t remember it , also I don´t recall going to that Yacatas address, about the Merida address , I live 3 hours away from Merida, and I go there 1 or 2 times a year, so next time I go there I will look for that address, JTLEK... I know a couple of people from Merida that have tons of Lili Ledy ( loose).

so I will take some pics and ask neighbors about it!!
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:57 am

Does someone recall that Lili-Ledy (owned by Generall Mills) had its main factory plant in Tijuana??

All the buildings showed in the Carlos's videos were indeed the main LL factory in the 60' and 70' but then the production was moved to Tijuana. The old former factory was then used as packaging plant and local warhouse.

You guys in Mexico, try to contact with Francisco Arturo Pérez Torres. He is a former Human Resources & OD Director at Lili-Ledy during the 82-86 period.

Hope that helps...

JC Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:12 am

JC,

That's interesting information.

This means, we still have to hunt for the Lili Ledy factory which produced the Star Wars toy line in the 80s. I love this quest! Very Happy

Lili Ledy was owned by General Milss. That's new information as well.

Back to top Go down
DelToro_Sith
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
DelToro_Sith

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:10 am

Hello

I found the 2 Lili Ledy address in Guadalajara in 2 Lili Ledy warranties

Rayon 614 (Lili Ledy warehouse)
Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 Rayon_10

Penitenciaria 22 (Lili Ledy office)
Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 Office10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lili Ledy Factory