The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leia Bespin capes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi, can anyone help me with these Leia Bespin capes. They look and feel quite different and I would like to verify if they are all original vinatge and not repro. Thanks Oli

Leia Bespin capes Leia_Bespin_Cape_1_Front

Leia Bespin capes Leia_Bespin_Cape_2_Front

Leia Bespin capes Leia_Bespin_Cape_3_Front

Leia Bespin capes Leia_Bespin_Cape_4_Front
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:09 pm

Great pictures!!

The third looks a bit odd to me but with all the different factories that produced Leia Bespin figures imo all can quite easy be legit.

If nobody else chimes in I can go through my Leia Bespin figures the next weekend and see if I can find all these colours / patterns.

Uli
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:42 pm

Thanks Uli,

Some details about the capes that may help including which figures they came from (of course there is a strong chance that the capes have been swapped and they are not on the original figures.

The first cape was from a turtle neck Leia Bespin (Hong Kong COO). The design appears quite thin and faint and is orangish in colour. There is a slight zipping sound on the front side. The back side has a matte finish. The cape is also very slightly shorter than the other 3.

The second cape comes from a crew neck Leia Bespin (Hong Kong COO). The design appears thicker and is dark orangish in colour. There is a good zipping sound on the front side of the cape. The back side of the cape is quite shiny.

The third cape comes from a gold neck Leia Bespin (Made in Hong Kong COO). The design appears very thick and dark red in colour. There is a slight zipping sound on the front side of the cape. The back side of the cape is very shiny and glossy. The arm holes appear more elongated than the other 3 capes.

The fourth cape comes from a crew neck Leia Bespin (Hong Kong COO). The design appears thicker and red / pinkish in colour. There is a slight zipping on the front side of the cape and the back side of the cape has a matte finish

Hope these details help. Oli
Back to top Go down
Chewie
New User
New User
Chewie

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:58 am

All 4 of them are Original Wink
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am

Well that's good news Very Happy

But, how do you know? What should I look out for?
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:27 pm

Can anyone advise what the difference is between the vintage and repro Leia Bespin capes?

There's a picture of a repro on Imperial Gunnery but it looks the same as any other cape to me!
Back to top Go down
Chewie
New User
New User
Chewie

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Have a look at the repro cape closer, especially the big circles on the bottom of the cape...... Cpmpare it to an original. The difference is quite clear.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Chewie wrote:
Have a look at the repro cape closer, especially the big circles on the bottom of the cape...... Cpmpare it to an original. The difference is quite clear.

Yeah i agree but the details on the circles is more messy on the repro cape and the repro also doesnt have the zip sound.

Heres the REPRO -

Leia Bespin capes Leia%20Bespin%20Vinyl%20Cape%20REPRO%20V1

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Oli can i use your 4 original cape pictures for www.imperialgunnery.com the capes pages need some serious work doing to them.

I have to say your cape pics are good quality as well!
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Hi Oli, nice pics, Do you have a picture of the leia from the tird cape? Does the tird cape has white faded marks on the other side?
Thanks!

Ozio

Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:47 am

jaymassive619 wrote:
Chewie wrote:

Yeah i agree but the details on the circles is more messy on the repro cape and the repro also doesnt have the zip sound.

Ahh think I've got it. I obviously haven't got much of an eye for detail Smile

I can see that the Circles at the bottom are a bit different and maybe the circles in the middle of the cape are slightly messier.. I think Smile

Jay, feel free to use the Leia Bespin cape pictures. I also have some pics of YPS Snowtrooper capes that you can have if your interested!

Last edited by olisuds on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:56 am

OZIO wrote:
Hi Oli, nice pics, Do you have a picture of the leia from the tird cape? Does the tird cape has white faded marks on the other side?
Thanks!

Ozio

Hi Ozio, I can take a picture for you when i get back tonight. Hopefully the light will be ok. Its the Gold neck variant (sometimes called green neck variant). I didn't notice faded marks on the other side of the cape but I will check when I get back and send you a picture if there is anything to notice.

Cheers Oli
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:11 pm

OZIO wrote:
Thanks!

Ozio

Here you go Ozio. Its not a great photo because I didnt have time to set up the lighting. I didn't notice any white faded marks on the inside of the cape by the way!

Leia Bespin capes P1040507
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:42 pm

thanks for te pic m8, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leia Bespin capes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leia Bespin capes   Leia Bespin capes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leia Bespin capes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1