The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin Empty
PostSubject: Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin    Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi all,

As you can probably figure out i am missign the two figures in the topic and i am looking for them. I am having a hard time finding a Luke bespin that has no paint rubs. Someone who is trying to help me actually told me that the paint on the yellow bespin look was thin and it is easy to have paint rubs on them. Can anyone confirm this? Just a bit surprised at that statement.

Also i have been doing some research and i have read the info on rebelscum ( and i can be dead wrong too ). Can someone really confirm the gold trims on the neck and skirt situation?

thanks
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin    Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:43 am

Finding a mint blonde Bespin Luke can be challenging but they are out there. I believe 2 different yellows exist for Luke's hair & one of them definitely looks thinner. You could also look for a mint Luke with a different hair color, besides the 2 blondes you have a few different shades of brown & a orange or ginger to choose from as well. Here is a link to General Kahn's (Alex) Bespin Luke guide (it's awesome & you can see the many different options available)

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3564-the-general-s-loose-bespin-luke-focus

Last edited by RetroRewindToys on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin    Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 pm

There are quite a few figures out there that can be tricky to find in mint condition without paint rubs. That is unless you are willing to pay some decent money. You get what you pay for Smile

Luke Bespin particularly the Blonde one seems prone to paint rubs on the hair. You could always go for the brown hair Luke Bespin - the hair paint seems thicker. I have 2 very nice near mint ones ones I am selling Smile

Not quite sure what you are asking about the Leia Bespin - you might need to clarify your question. It has gold trim that like the Bespin guards is very delicate and prone to wear or oxidation. There are 3 major variants. Turtle neck, crew neck (both these have a thin line of gold trim around the neck) and the Gold neck (all the front of neck is gold). This variant is very rare and prone to oxidation turning greenish.

Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin P10408501

Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin P10003232
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin    Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Luke Bespin was a popular figure so they are often in 'played with' condition.
The belt and holster often have rubs more so than the hair. As mentioned,
the brown and mustardy coloured hair paint are often thicker applied and less
prone to rubs/wear but the thing i would be looking out for most with this figure is
finding one that hasn't discoloured. The limbs are often very light due to
ageing and the torso is prone to discolouring too. I'm sure some sellers still
think that this is how the figure is suppossed to look too! Neutral Smile
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin    Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Yes Bespin Luke is a figure that i have been looking for , since i started collecting, so far i was not able to find one that i like....there is always something wrong with at least one of the parts i am looking for.

Either the hair, hands or the plastic parts are rubbed off or the color is badly mismatched. Also most seller play scams and sell repro sabers with them so you got to hunt for an original saber after.

sheesh...

I am sure i'll land one someday.... i was making a fuss about getting him quicker but now i know i will have to fork a big amount for a minty one i guess...
Back to top Go down
Dutchskywalker
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dutchskywalker

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin    Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:55 am

olisuds wrote:
There are quite a few figures out there that can be tricky to find in mint condition without paint rubs. That is unless you are willing to pay some decent money. You get what you pay for Smile

Luke Bespin particularly the Blonde one seems prone to paint rubs on the hair. You could always go for the brown hair Luke Bespin - the hair paint seems thicker. I have 2 very nice near mint ones ones I am selling Smile

Not quite sure what you are asking about the Leia Bespin - you might need to clarify your question. It has gold trim that like the Bespin guards is very delicate and prone to wear or oxidation. There are 3 major variants. Turtle neck, crew neck (both these have a thin line of gold trim around the neck) and the Gold neck (all the front of neck is gold). This variant is very rare and prone to oxidation turning greenish.

Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin P10408501

Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin P10003232

Nice to see that last pic, most I have seen where indeed greenish and always tought that it was an discolored.
Something new to hunt for cheers
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin    Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 11:18 am

I like that last one, odd I haven't seen it before. Learn something new each day here Smile

I too yet have to find a Leia bespin that's not oxidized or rubbed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin    Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some questions about Luke Bespin and Leia Bespin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1