The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Michifromhell
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 am

I do have some pics from Palitoy, US, Kenner, German, Tri Logo Cardbacks with German Price Stickers. I send the Tri to Joe so he can upload them.

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:29 am

Got them thanks Michael, ok so, all were I presume bought in Germany?

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 Dsc04695

Out of this group the only one that shows German Trilogo characteristics is the Rebel Commando top left, the rest are all Palitoy cards.

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 Dsc04697

This group has two German cards - Luke Farmboy (unpunched) and the Tie Fighter Pilot.

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 Dsc04699

All UK Palitoy cards but no big surprise there as we know that all the POTF cards are the same already but it does show Pal cards again in Germany.

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 Trilogo-barads-cardback

Same again with the Barada, German price tag- Uk card.

Last edited by Joe_O on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:36 am

_Rog_ wrote:

PS. I like your Death Star Droid Mirco, is it a Meccano (type 2) card with Italian import sticker?

It´s not a Meccano, but yes it´s with an italian import sticker.
If it´s a Meccano Card there would be the no coo DSD inside. Stephane has a Meccano Card with a no coo DSD inside.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:36 am

To add to the discussion these are all confirmed characters on German characteristic cards :

Luke Farmboy
Darth Vader
Ben Kenobi
Han Solo Original
Tusken Raider
R5-D4
Death Star Droid
Boba Fett
FX-7
Rebel Soldier
Bossk
Lando Calrissian
Leia Original
Ugnaught
Dengar
2-1B
AT-AT Commander
TIE Pilot
Zuckuss
ERG
Rebel Commando
Weequay
Lando Skiff
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:10 am

Here is my German card Lando with a Palitoy small bubble, the reason I say Palitoy is because if you look at the Luke (which is a Palitoy card) the bubble is exactly the same size, I double checked this as well and they are exactly the same.

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 Bubble_compare_german_pal

Neither have price stickers unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:15 am

The following picture is of a Lando Skiff I used to own with a tiny bubble, much smaller than the alternative Palitoy bubbles above.

Unfortunately I can't remember what punch or back the card had Sad

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 Lando

As you can see it's yet another small bubble which looks as small as the Leia Bespin and Zuckuss bubbles in the ebay auction links earlier in the thread - those are German cards...
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:23 am

eeeee how can one see if it is a german card ?

thanks

Soren
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:46 am

soren wrote:
eeeee how can one see if it is a german card ?

thanks

Soren

http://trilogo.info/carded-figure-guide/advanced-guide/

Scroll to the very last card.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:54 am

Thanks Joe Very Happy I knew the info was on your site some where . But with all that info it is hard to find Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:06 am

Joe_O wrote:
Rog- to be honest I am wondering if these German cards should be called German at all..

I know Palitoy packed many cards, Clipper for example- the ones with the small white advert at the top that looks like a sticker but it is in fact printed I am sure were packaged in the UK and sent to other countries..

I guess time will tell, I never knew 100% how collectors arrived at the "German" label, maybe JC can shed some light on it, I presumed it was to do with where they are found yet to date I haven't seen a German card with a German price tag..but I have seen German cards with UK price tags and UK cards with German price tags..

Very strange! I have been thinking about investigating for some time now and who knows the German card may even turn into a Palitoy type 4 before long Laughing Laughing

Hi Guys,

Sorry for this late reply but that's what happens when you take a couple weeks holidays without a minute to connect.... Sleep

During the ESB era, Palitoy was in charge to package the figure for Clipper(Belgium/Netherlands/Luxemburg) and Parker(Germany). Every card was printed and packaged in the UK. The demand was so high that many US blisters were directely imported from the far-east. Remember that Palitoy has its own headquarter in Kowloon(Hong-Kong) from May 1977 from were decisions were taken on Quality Control, engineering research, development and distribution.

It's known that Parker(Germany) had plans to produce their own line of SW packaging with German translation, but being already a Generel Mills company, decision was taken to be supply directly by Palitoy. Many Kenner SW boxes were imported (translated instructions were then included in the boxes). Also, SW Palitoy carded figures were distributed with a blue Parker rounded sticker applied to the cards.

We have to wait beginning 1985 to see the first Trilogo carded figures packaged in Germany. This decision is an extension to the rights adquired to package Mini-Rigs and action figures on the famous german KDM blisters. What still a mistery is why these Trilogo blisters ended in the Palitoy warehouses when the production was meant to be produced for the german market only...???

Hope that helps...

JC
Back to top Go down
Michifromhell
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:35 am

Thanks a lot for the Info. JC is talking about those German Stickers. Their are 2 different Variations one with printed Address and one with Kenner Logo. If anyone can help find me any of those on Cards Boxes, MOC or whatever please drop me a PM. Only a pic would help. Is always really interesting to see on what cards they used for. I have seen them till now on
SW & ESB Palitoy Cards
Die Cast Kenner Cards
and German ESB Cards

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 2
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:09 pm

Alright fellas. Here's the Tri-Logo Vader I picked up at SDCC. I already have the Palitoy Scalloped bubble version, but I grabbed this because I hadn't seen one like this before. After researching Joe's awesome site, I believe it's a Meccano. But here's some pics so you guys could help me confirm it.

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 2011-08-03_16-11-59_876

I tried to get a pic of the outermost edge of the bubble being round, as opposed to the Palitoy squared.

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 2011-08-03_16-12-22_215-1

Here's the punch.

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 2011-08-03_16-12-46_744

But there's no Macau sticker, and I don't see any residue to show that there ever was.
Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 2011-08-03_16-12-54_366

Card Back. It's pretty thick and glossy, and has the almost orange background color.
Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 2011-08-03_16-13-18_588

Closeup of the text

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 2011-08-03_16-13-41_824

It has a plastic sheet behind as well.

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 2011-08-03_16-14-15_644

I think it's a Meccano, but I want to make sure since there is not the "fabrique..." sticker. And I also wasn't sure if the Meccano bubbles were as tall as this. It seems like most Meccanos I've seen online has a bubble that's not much taller than the figure itself.

Any advice or input is greatly appreciated! I look to the Tri-Logo Gods for help! kissass
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:28 pm

One of my favourite Meccano variants Tad, congrats and yes 100% Meccano, not all the cards had COO stickers attached unfortunately, I think it was something that was probably left by the wayside as production went on, very time consuming to produce the stickers and peel them off and place them on the cards lol and with the amount of cost cutting going on I imagine it was just an extra task that wasn't really worth keeping up.

I love it by the way! Great price also - just read you got it for 175 in the latest buys thread, awesome!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Panastur wrote:
Joe_O wrote:
Rog- to be honest I am wondering if these German cards should be called German at all..

I know Palitoy packed many cards, Clipper for example- the ones with the small white advert at the top that looks like a sticker but it is in fact printed I am sure were packaged in the UK and sent to other countries..

I guess time will tell, I never knew 100% how collectors arrived at the "German" label, maybe JC can shed some light on it, I presumed it was to do with where they are found yet to date I haven't seen a German card with a German price tag..but I have seen German cards with UK price tags and UK cards with German price tags..

Very strange! I have been thinking about investigating for some time now and who knows the German card may even turn into a Palitoy type 4 before long Laughing Laughing

Hi Guys,

Sorry for this late reply but that's what happens when you take a couple weeks holidays without a minute to connect.... Sleep

During the ESB era, Palitoy was in charge to package the figure for Clipper(Belgium/Netherlands/Luxemburg) and Parker(Germany). Every card was printed and packaged in the UK. The demand was so high that many US blisters were directely imported from the far-east. Remember that Palitoy has its own headquarter in Kowloon(Hong-Kong) from May 1977 from were decisions were taken on Quality Control, engineering research, development and distribution.

It's known that Parker(Germany) had plans to produce their own line of SW packaging with German translation, but being already a Generel Mills company, decision was taken to be supply directly by Palitoy. Many Kenner SW boxes were imported (translated instructions were then included in the boxes). Also, SW Palitoy carded figures were distributed with a blue Parker rounded sticker applied to the cards.

We have to wait beginning 1985 to see the first Trilogo carded figures packaged in Germany. This decision is an extension to the rights adquired to package Mini-Rigs and action figures on the famous german KDM blisters. What still a mistery is why these Trilogo blisters ended in the Palitoy warehouses when the production was meant to be produced for the german market only...???

Hope that helps...

JC

Thanks for the insight JC, every little piece of information helps!

Quote :
What still a mistery is why these Trilogo blisters ended in the Palitoy warehouses when the production was meant to be produced for the german market only...???

Indeed :I am stupid: Sad
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Sorry to move on from the carded discussions but..it's time for some Ewok loving!

http://trilogo.info/boxed-toy-guide/plush-ewoks/

Enjoy & thanks to Jarrod for his help on this section!

(Also check out this update - http://trilogo.info/features/ewok-warriors/ - Finally found a Paploo MOC!)
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Dropping another update for anyone that wants to read

The back of the Trilogo cards are often discussed and looked at, so I decided to do an article on it for those interested, whilst writing it I also managed to take a look at the Hybrids a little as well so this is a 2 for 1 feature

http://trilogo.info/features/collect-all-70/

Let me know if you enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:27 am

Joe_O wrote:

The back of the Trilogo cards are often discussed and looked at, so I decided to do an article on it for those interested, whilst writing it I also managed to take a look at the Hybrids a little as well so this is a 2 for 1 feature

Very good and clear feature Joe.

I love guy, you just understand that each line not only tie with each other but also overlaps and connect with the all line.
These hybrids were definitively released with the second phase of Trilogos that included the Power of the Force (last 17) action figures line.

What a wonderfull world.... Cool

Thank you Joe for the work.

JC
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:12 am

Great article, Joe. I've always wondered about the trilogo cardbacks and the numbering. Now I know! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:43 am

Panastur wrote:
Joe_O wrote:

Very good and clear feature Joe.

I love guy, you just understand that each line not only tie with each other but also overlaps and connect with the all line.
These hybrids were definitively released with the second phase of Trilogos that included the Power of the Force (last 17) action figures line.

What a wonderfull world.... Cool

Thank you Joe for the work.

JC

You gave me the keys to unlock many a door JC, it's a pleasure to research things and discuss them with people like yourself who can shed some real light on production decisions.

I am very glad you liked the article, I must admit when you said they were reissues when I first met you I had a hard time believing it but not long after researching that viewpoint everything just slipped into place quite amazingly- once you start looking at even the tiniest of details a much bigger picture can be made Smile

As always- thanks for your comment Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:47 am

Yzerman wrote:
Great article, Joe. I've always wondered about the trilogo cardbacks and the numbering. Now I know! Very Happy

Thank you Smile

It's rather interesting, everyone looks and wonders why, most people just give up trying to work it all out and then once you read it all laid out like that it just makes perfect sense (I began writing this article a while ago but never finished it-so I have re-read it about a million times lol)

Thanks also to Marco for the use of his KDM cardback picture, it was the last piece of the puzzle I needed to create a nice read Smile
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:15 am

Great Joe . Another info bomb from mr . Trilogo . Thanks

This thing about the Hybrid figz where not popular . Might be true . I never saw any of the the figz for sale in Denmark . I only got the white Bespin and the Power Droid on ROTJ crads . When the local and biggest toy store chain had a fire sale in 1987 where stuff like Meccano 1977 Jawas on cards turned up i the piles of what must have been left over stock .

Another thing a startet wondring . The red Snag has a Laserrifel on the picture in you artikel. I have senn him with a Luke Bespin Gun and even have one with Bespin Guard gun .

Wich is his "real" gun and did Palitoy / trilogo give him a new gun on there moc's ?

Again Joe . Thanks for a great job on you site and all the info you keep pouring out on us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:30 pm

I looked closely at the KDM multipack cardback and noticed that some figures name´s were written in blue and some in white. I can't see the pattern. Does anyone know why some names are in white and some are in blue?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:37 pm

Soren- Thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it! The correct gun for the Snaggletooth figure is the Han Solo/Rebel blaster pictured below
Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 Han_blaster

I haven't followed the mismatched weapons for Snaggletooth closely but I do remember seeing a few incorrect weapons thrown in for a few different figures- either a mistake or just the factory staff ordered to use up overstock weapons etc.

Tommy- The KDM cardback shown is marked by blue ink (I presume by the original owner!) that's why some are blue Very Happy Sorry- it's a used one after all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Joe, love the site and have allready spend a good time educating myself Smile

Thanks for doing this!!

I just bought my first trilogo miscard, and injoying other parts of collecting.

Thought only it was the original c3po and r2 that never was released on tri´s - excellent reading Smile

Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Soren- Thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it! The correct gun for the Snaggletooth figure is the Han Solo/Rebel blaster pictured below
Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 Han_blaster

I haven't followed the mismatched weapons for Snaggletooth closely but I do remember seeing a few incorrect weapons thrown in for a few different figures- either a mistake or just the factory staff ordered to use up overstock weapons etc.

I have just diged out the two Red Snag cardbacks i had form childhood. I can remember that they both came with the Stromtrooper rifel. And when i found them in the shop . I was thinking that maybe i should buy more , so i could get some blasters for my stormtrooper army Very Happy .

Now that i look at them , it is Hybrid cards. So at least these two came with the Stormtrooper rifel . But i was shure that the right gun for them is the one in your picture here. But funny that the red Sang on the back of the Palitoy card has the ST blaster .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next