The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Teaser Images for a rather large update coming soon!

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 Ewok-combat-playpack-contents

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 Sw_b-wing_fighter_rotj_tri-logo-005
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:52 am

Hey cool, you are going to give attention to the boxes too!! Very Happy

Can't wait to see more.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:23 am

Great Work Joe, I love your site Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 5:34 am

Joe_O wrote:
Just dropping in with some Trilogo talk - http://trilogo.info/trilogo-collector-interviews/duncan-jenkins/

New interview with Duncan Jenkins Smile

Great scoop, Joe. Really enjoyed the Dunacan Jenkins interview and seeing all those cool pics of his 'Sithsonian' collection.

...and really good news to hear you are going to feature some boxed trilogo too celebrate Keep up the top work!
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Inspiration   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:02 am

It's a great site, Joe. It has actually got me inspired in looking into the Trilogo stuff. Most of the figures I got/bought back in the 80's were on Trilogo cards. There might have been some ROTJ cards as well, but the majority were on Trilogo cards. When I got into collecting MOC's in 2007 I was only interested in Kenner stuff. It is after all the mother of all SW action figures stuff. I also prefered the artwork on Kenner MOC's over the one on Trilogo MOC's. I still feel the same way and the artwork on the Trilogo MOC's is what kept me from collecting them. This site and your enthusiasm for the Trilogo stuff has really rubbed off on me and has raised my interest in Trilogo MOC's. Keep up the good work, Joe! Cool
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:35 pm

Yzerman wrote:
It's a great site, Joe. It has actually got me inspired in looking into the Trilogo stuff. Most of the figures I got/bought back in the 80's were on Trilogo cards. There might have been some ROTJ cards as well, but the majority were on Trilogo cards. When I got into collecting MOC's in 2007 I was only interested in Kenner stuff. It is after all the mother of all SW action figures stuff. I also prefered the artwork on Kenner MOC's over the one on Trilogo MOC's. I still feel the same way and the artwork on the Trilogo MOC's is what kept me from collecting them. This site and your enthusiasm for the Trilogo stuff has really rubbed off on me and has raised my interest in Trilogo MOC's. Keep up the good work, Joe! Cool

Well that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy Laughing

I appreciate all the support from all the forums and if my site has helped anyone further their knowledge or even got them interested in Trilogos then I am over the moon Smile

---------------------------------------------------

The July update (if a few days late) brings you.........................BOXED TOYS!

So after the preview a few days ago, this is the complete list of new pages:

Vehicles
Playsets
Creatures
Mini-Rigs
Body-Rigs
Playpacks

A lot of time and effort has gone into getting the new section of the site up to a certain standard, I must publicly say a huge thanks to Jarrod Clark who has spent his time editing images for me without grumbling once (even when I get bossy and send them back for him to do again 😁 ) and also to everyone who submitted images for the new section - Our resident MIB expert : Emiel (capetown), Lars (Pomse2001) and Mirco (Mikeskywalker) - Thank you all for your help and I hope you like are happy with the outcome!

Last edited by Joe_O on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Oh man I love that vehicle update. Well done Joe!! :clap:

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:34 am

Hi Joe nice to see you could use some of my pictures Very Happy

Great work.

I think I have som more tri-logo boxed items that you are missing on the site.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 7:10 am

Thanks Marco & Lars glad!

pomse2001 wrote:

The boxed toys missing from the site are : X-Wing, Y-Wing and the MTV-7 (also a different version of the Rebo Band)

If you have the X-Wing or the MTV-7 that would be cool to get some pictures, the Y-wing pictures I can get from Stephane Smile
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:27 am

Joe_O wrote:
Thanks Marco & Lars glad!

pomse2001 wrote:

The boxed toys missing from the site are : X-Wing, Y-Wing and the MTV-7 (also a different version of the Rebo Band)

If you have the X-Wing or the MTV-7 that would be cool to get some pictures, the Y-wing pictures I can get from Stephane Smile

Hi joe do you have the Vehicle Maintenance Energizer as tri-logo ?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:35 am

I think that was just released in a Bi Logo box wasn't it? (Two logos not three)
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:50 am

Yeah that's bi-logo. This is all there is.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:54 am

There is 1 logo on the front in english and 2 on the back in spanish and french I think.

But is that not tri-logo ?
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:54 am

Technically, yes, but officially only the packaging with three cascading rotj or potf logo's is recognised as tri-logo.

Yours are called bi-logo.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:14 am

Capetown wrote:
Technically, yes, but officially only the packaging with three cascading rotj or potf logo's is recognised as tri-logo.

Yours are called bi-logo.

That sounds very strange, but I can see I get more and more knowledge on this forum about star wars bounce
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Nice work Joe_O,

Great idea to open your webpage to vehicles and accessories...

ps: Just send you an e-mail...

JC
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:24 am

Thanks JC Smile

Just updated the following pages -

Vehicles - Added the incredibly rare X-Wing and Y-Wing vehicles.

Mini Rigs - Finished off the Mini rigs with the addition of the MTV-7

Creatures - Added a GMJ Rebo band variant to the creatures section.

That's all for now, I can go back to sleep for the rest of this month Sleep
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:39 am

Hey Joe, thought I'd ask a question and bump this thread.

When I see on the matrix that the Vader is available on both Pailtoy type 1 and 3 cards, does that also mean that each card has both Palitoy bubble types as well? For instance, is there a Vader on a type 1 cardback with both the etched and rounded bubble, and the type 3 with both bubble types? Or is there only one bubble type associated with one particular card type?

I hope that makes sense. I'm researching because I think I found a Vader on a Mecanno card, so now I want to try and track all the Tri Variations down!

(Pics to come on the Vader)

Thanks,
Tad
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:27 am

Hi Tad,

In general the majority of Palitoy cards used etched edges, either fully etched or a kind of half etch.

For Vader this is what I have seen:

Palitoy type 1 = Etched
Palitoy type 3 = Etched
German cards = Rounded

But these are still all what I consider to be the "common" Trilogo bubbles, nothing particularly special.

The Meccano Trilogo Vader is a very tall and thin bubble and usually has a plastic sheet behind the figure- nice pick up if you find one!

I personally didn't want to venture into bubble types too much on the guide, simply because during my research I found there were just too many combinations of bubbles out there that all had similar origins, so called German cards for example in my opinion show signs of using "Palitoy" bubbles yet some are definitely from earlier German cards. I stuck to the cards mainly and then used bubbles to identify origin Very Happy

Stephane did however set up a Matrix for each figure showing the bubbles attached to the cards -

http://www.rebelscum.com/sfaucourt_trilogo_cards_v12.pdf

If you ever get stuck just post a picture up and I can let you know what you have Smile

EDIT= to answer your question a bit better, figures seem to always have the same bubbles on certain types of cards. You don't seem to find two-three types of bubble per cards of the same origin, both relate to each other. For example most German cards have special shapes or have rounded edges yet Dengar is almost always found with an etched bubble on the German card, you would expect that you could find a rounded bubble German Dengar but you just can't..

There are exceptions to that rule as bubbles changed over time, you can see several transitions in the Meccano bubbles but for the majority of cards/figures the bubbles on the common cards will always be the same type time and time again.
Back to top Go down
_Rog_
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
_Rog_

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Joe_O wrote:
so called German cards for example in my opinion show signs of using "Palitoy" bubbles
Hey Joe,

I've noticed a few of these German cards in UK collections. Some of them have UK price stickers too. Do you think the German factory were at one time just supplied with some 'Palitoy' bubbles & then the UK happened to import some MOC's from them?
Or are you perhaps suggesting that the cardbacks may have been given to Palitoy too to card their figures on?

Great site & great box updates BTW!

Rog Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Rog- to be honest I am wondering if these German cards should be called German at all..

I know Palitoy packed many cards, Clipper for example- the ones with the small white advert at the top that looks like a sticker but it is in fact printed I am sure were packaged in the UK and sent to other countries..

I guess time will tell, I never knew 100% how collectors arrived at the "German" label, maybe JC can shed some light on it, I presumed it was to do with where they are found yet to date I haven't seen a German card with a German price tag..but I have seen German cards with UK price tags and UK cards with German price tags..

Very strange! I have been thinking about investigating for some time now and who knows the German card may even turn into a Palitoy type 4 before long Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
_Rog_
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
_Rog_

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Interesting Joe, thanks.

I had another very quick look round & didn't see any German price tags on 'German' Trilogo images I'd saved (one or two KayBee stickers though). Perhaps one of our German members has / has seen one?

Rog.
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:40 am

What about this one?
Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 005-1
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:21 am

Hey Mike,

Well that's one! I would love to compile a list of "German" cardbacks with actual German price stickers on them.

Countering that picture would be this figure from your collection -

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 2189770510082165665jcaCkw_th

Which looks like a "German" card, with alt bubble yet has a UK price sticker..

Then there is this oddity-

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 2973465430102514643FopMKx_th

A Palitoy card & German price sticker with the Dark Brown Rebel Soldier Variant.

So if we can take anything from all of this it's that cards of Palitoy origin were definitely sold in Germany and cards said to be German only origin were sold in the UK. lol

Finding out where they were produced is the missing link IMO - I looked to Kevin's Palitoy sample find a while back and found NO "German" cards at all which points to them not being Palitoy produced? Makes my head hurt..

As for bubbles- boy that is a minefield, if we look at just one - the Ugnaught with the large bubble:

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 2645228710082165665fwmRUo_th

This matches perfectly with the earlier German General Mills 45 back:

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 2677570830056383042AkOgOQ_th

The ugnaught definitely strengthens the German origin but is it conclusive?

Then you have these which all appear to have came from a UK collection -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120721807170#ht_558wt_1139

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120734122970#ht_500wt_1156

Two typical "German" cards with alt bubbles yet found in England from a collection that was put together in the 90's? Ok so not totally conclusive either as they may have come from overseas but still..the majority of that collection from the ebay seller was definitely Palitoy produced, all the POTF had the UK price sticker, they had hybrids which were again Palitoy produced.. I would have thought it's likely that those two figures were purchased from UK sources.

You also have the use of small "alt" bubbles by Palitoy on a few cards -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120721808596#ht_558wt_1139

UK card, small bubble. Not as small as the ones found on "German" cards but still alternative and I am sure I have seen these larger UK bubbles on German cards, in fact I believe I have a Lando Skiff Guard MOC - "German" cardback with UK/Pal alt bubble.

:I am stupid: :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
_Rog_
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
_Rog_

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:03 am

Thanks for posting Mirco Smile
I had a look through your Trilogo's before my previous post but couldn't see any German stickers!
Here's a couple of my 'German' Trilogo Tusken Raider cardbacks (from UK collections!?!). They don't add much to the discussion but are at least relevant...
Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 2573201860101926256S200x200Q85 Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 2007180470101926256S200x200Q85
'German' Trilogo with alt. bubble tear & 'German' Trilogo with regular bubble tear + 2 UK (Tesco) price stickers.
(It seems the second card could have been on sale / clearance - 69p is pretty cheap!)

Rog.

PS. I like your Death Star Droid Mirco, is it a Meccano (type 2) card with Italian import sticker?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info   Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just launched a new site - www.trilogo.info

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next