The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:55 pm

I have almost all my old Action Man from childhood but im selling it. It is not realy me any more.

The Donald Duck magz and toy inlays are just from local shops. The are a bit more expencive with in lays.

Shal i pick up some for you if run into more ? They are at about 1 or 2-3 dollars a pice . So a real bargen :-)

I have left Playmobil myself but had to get me some MISB space playmo . When i came acros some :-)
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:17 pm

Got into a discussion with my son about Mr. T when I was fixing his breakfast and said "I pity the fool who don't eat my cereal!" Had to tell him who Mr. T was and stumbled across the awesome Mr. T Cartoon commercial. First name T, middle name period, last name T. Too funny.

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lisFbvyheqo&NR=1[/youtube]
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:34 pm

Nice one Dallas

Love his fight with the croc . And his hisjewelry .That's what i call bling , the new school rappers don't know a thing about bling. Mr. T is the king of bling Very Happy

Nice to se another poster her in this thread other than The Fantastic Four lol!
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:21 am

Hah - yeah, he kicks that crocs butt. I pity the croc that messes with Mr.T!

I'll have to keep an eye out for some more stuff to add.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:28 am

We like that Dallas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 5:10 am

Soren, wow, I just had a big catch-up of all the pics you posted recently after me not being online for a while...

you are now crowned king of the Playmo and LEGO ads! When we chatted in PM a few weeks ago about blogs I think you could make a blog just about LEGO alone! But that would be a shame to miss out on all the other cool Danish ads - for instance I never knew Britains was so popular in Denmark, or that Playmobil had its own knockoff version called Playwell lol. Very very cool Action Man poster!! and good also to see a Tente ad. But one of my fave ads has to be the Bond Corgi Lotus underwater Esprit - yes!! Cool

Thanks for ^posting more great pics, I will upload a funny one later in tribute to one of your Playmo ads Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 5:15 am

hansole wrote:
This is a great topic. Smile

welcome Michael and Dallas to the vintage toy advert appreciation society!

alien geek What a Face
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 5:25 am

Thanks Paul

Yes its funny with the Playmobil knock offs there where Playwell and Playbig . Both of the ads are from the same mag Very Happy

I will post some more Playmo and other cool ads , i have saved all the cool ones that i thought about using for the blog we talked about.

Artoo_Detour wrote:
hansole wrote:
This is a great topic. Smile

welcome Michael and Dallas to the vintage toy advert appreciation society!

alien geek What a Face

That's a cool way of putting it Paul lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 5:33 am

Chancellor_Peter wrote:
Artoo_Detour wrote:
Hi Peter, I have some Group Action Joe as they were called in France - these ads feature the famous Eagle Eyes figures - as well as Jane, the only female action figure to feature the eagle eyes. They also made a version of the popular French cartoon character Rahan as seen in the first ad.

Hope you like these Smile

1978:
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 Pif_4810

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting up these vintage Group Action Joe ads from 1978, 1979 and 1981. The one that I find intriguing is the 1978 ad. Do you have more information on this Eagle Eyes Jane figure? Smile I tried to Google search for her but my search did not come up with anything.

Hi Peter, I hope this message finds you well following the recent sad news in your family.
In answer to your question, Group Action Joe (sometimes referred to as just 'Action Joe') was the French version of Action Man and GI Joe. The line was introduced in 1976 and in 1977 all the characters were given original names such as 'Jane', 'Joe', 'Tom', 'Bob', 'Peggy' (a black girl), 'Daïna' (an indian girl) plus many others in the line.
Eagle-Eyes were also introduced to the figures - 'Jane' was the only female doll of the line to be given eagle eyes.
The line was very popular. In 1978 French comic character 'Rahan' was added. In 1981 'Zorro' was added and was licensed by Disney.

Hope that helps, Peter Smile
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:26 am

Soren, here is my little reconstruction of one of your Playmo ads...

there are a couple of incorrect accessories but mostly spot on!

lol!

soren wrote:

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 Reklamelego016

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 Playmo10
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:52 am

lol! That'a funny Paul . I like to see more off that .

Great info about Group Action Joe . They where that big in Frace that they made local French stuff into dolls.

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:02 am

Here's a few new additions from the USA

I added these to my new blog along with many other new ones. Enjoy Smile

Captain Power. 1988. Groo.
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 Captai10

Frogger. 1982. Weird War Tales.
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 Frogge10

GI Joe. 1988. Groo.
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 Gijoe_11

Monogram model kits. 1979. Weird War Tales.
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 Monogr10

Monogram. Unexpected. 1978.
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 Monogr11
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Thanks Paul
I can see thats it has almost been two months sinc we postet here . I have not had much spare time. But i have to get back in line and do some posting Very Happy

Thanks for posting the GI Joe ad. Had forgotten all about the Cobara H.I.S.S. I never had it but alway thought that the dimensons where ord. Like it could tip over any time. When i see it now it just makes it even more cool.

I will pay yor blog a wisit now Very Happy

Cheers

Soren
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:42 pm

:-)

Last edited by soren on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:17 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by soren on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:57 pm

Keep them coning guys I love all the old ads from when I was a kid. And love the ones I never saw too.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:08 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by soren on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:32 am

Soren, the Powermaster Transformer advert is so cool. Love the lower half pic with all the Transformer pieces!
Makes me want to get some transformers now... but no... must resist the power of more vintage toys indy

lol!

I'll see if I can add some new vintage toy ads later as well.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Bump . Come on guys ad some ads here please Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Bump and ye shall receive Smile

Rom
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 Iron_m10

Corgi Superman
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 Corgi_13

DC Warlord
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 Dc_leg10

Morphodroids
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 Morpho10

GoBots
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 Marvel15

and not a toy, but found this really cool advert for the King Kong movie
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 The_de12
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 5:35 pm

Great thanks Paul Very Happy

This Rom robot What is he ? Is he sold with the Action Man vintage toys ? I think i remember him sold with the space toys that was made for the Action Man .

Last edited by soren on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:14 am

Cheers Soren. Rom, SpaceKnight, is a character from Marvel comics around 1978/79. As well as the comics there were a few toys made but I'm pretty certain not for the Action Man/GI Joe 12" line.

image off web
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 250px-10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3