The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Soren pm me what you got, I might be willing to trade some items for those for the items you asked about the other day.

Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:07 am

Thanks Paul . You , Chris , Peter and i must go and see the Doctor. We are the only ones posting in this thread and we use words like Wow , Cool and Killer about girls and disco bands dolls lol!

But this is so cool , we all get sendt way back and remember things that we forgot all about. Very Happy

The figting dolls were cool , they had a butten under a arm and when you pushed it . The arm startet to move up and down. So you could have a sword fight Very Happy
I have one of them but he has been in so many fights that he is missing a hand and leg. But he is up for trade with his Mego pals Very Happy

Leg did five Robin Hood sets ( they ads says so ) I can remember that i had this tree , you culd open it an the figz culd hide in it .

Pm about the Nintendo games on the way for you Chris Very Happy

Here are more goodies for you all

Last edited by soren on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:03 am

I finally dug some old video game ads out today and heres what I found to start.

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Img_1524

Gotta love Q-Bert and Burgertime. Laughing

And I know this is non SW ones, but I had to add these to it.

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Img_1525

All 4 ATARI ads plus another one.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Wow Chris

Missed your post . That is some kick ass ads . Love the one with the At-AT's ( Hoth Fetish again) And the one where we look over the shulder of the X-Wing pilot . I can remember seeing this as a kid an now i remember that Parker Brothers olso did video games. Just brougt a Jedi bord game from them and there was something about the name. Thanks you just made my day Very Happy

Here are a S... load of ads for the weekend. Enjoy

Last edited by soren on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:30 pm

Awesome Soren. Seeing all these Playmo and Lego ads is starting to make me want some now.

That Atari ad is for the "Darth Vader" console.!!! Shocked Wicked, bro.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:15 am

Thanks Chris
How can you see that the Atari is a Vader model ? ?

Yes i worte in my first post in this thread that it can be addictive. So watch out , but if you have been bitten i have the some MISB Playmo in my for sale post. Even a cool Playmo Space thing and we still have a deal to do mate Very Happy
See the for sale post here

It seems like we are only the four of us watching this thread so here is a nother load of vintage ads for you guys.

Last edited by soren on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:33 am

As for the Atari system, they came out with an all black case as the others had wood grain on them. As for the 2600, theres 7 different console styles altogether, from "Heavy Sixers" to "Light Sixers" (has six switches on top and heavy) to the regular ones (with 4 switches and lighter) and the Junior later model. Another way to tell, is its the first model where they put 2600 on it where the older models only had "Video Computer System". You can read up on them here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_2600_hardware

I haven't been bit by the bug yet. If I had more storage room for them, I probally would. Very Happy I got enough areas to concentrate on atm I need to finish before starting on something new. If I had the display room that Josh_T has, I could.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:39 am

Some great ads added here guys Smile

Chris, seeing the Frogger and Burger Time ads brough back some memories lol! Cool SW ones too.

Soren, so many LEGO ads! Cool. The pictures of the old school figures with no faces or moveable arms/legs bring back some early memories - as does the Britains soldiers - I had lots of those German infantry figures pictured (plus dozens of Cavalry and Union soldiers). Sold em all to buy records though Sad ah well. Cool Barbie ads too **ahem** lol. Was nice to see the Corgi moonraker vehicle, and the Superhelten action figures are bizarre bcaus they all have a beard lol.

SupeRRR! ads cheers
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:56 am

Cool Vintage ads. I enjoy looking at them each time there is a new post and visual contributions to this thread. Smile

Does anyone have any of the Vintage ACTION MAN ads to post up? Will love to see them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:54 am

Chancellor_Peter wrote:
Does anyone have any of the Vintage ACTION MAN ads to post up? Will love to see them. Very Happy

Hi Peter, I have some Group Action Joe as they were called in France - these ads feature the famous Eagle Eyes figures - as well as Jane, the only female action figure to feature the eagle eyes. They also made a version of the popular French cartoon character Rahan as seen in the first ad.

Hope you like these Smile

1978:
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Pif_4810

1981:
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Pif_6512

1979:
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Pif55210
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi ad friends

Nice to know that you apricate the ads shared Very Happy

Chris: I have never had a Atari . But you just give me the story . Thanks

Paul: Yes im from the land of the Lego so a s... load of Lego ads . The Super Helten ad are kinda kinky . Some gay bear stuff or just the guys from Band of Horses dressed up lol!

Peter: I have some GI Joe / Action Man ads . That i wil post when i dig em out . I was at a flea market where they had a cool book in english only about Action Man with lots of cool pictures. But sadly i did not buy it . But i have some of the vintage stuff up for trade / sale if you are looking for that ?

Here is some more ads for you guys .

Btw. It culd be nice to get some the other TIG's to share some ads . Instead of just us the Fantastic Four lol!

Last edited by soren on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Hi Peter, I have some Group Action Joe as they were called in France - these ads feature the famous Eagle Eyes figures - as well as Jane, the only female action figure to feature the eagle eyes. They also made a version of the popular French cartoon character Rahan as seen in the first ad.

Hope you like these Smile

1978:
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Pif_4810

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting up these vintage Group Action Joe ads from 1978, 1979 and 1981. The one that I find intriguing is the 1978 ad. Do you have more information on this Eagle Eyes Jane figure? Smile I tried to Google search for her but my search did not come up with anything.
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:58 pm

soren wrote:
Peter: I have some GI Joe / Action Man ads . That i wil post when i dig em out . I was at a flea market where they had a cool book in english only about Action Man with lots of cool pictures. But sadly i did not buy it . But i have some of the vintage stuff up for trade / sale if you are looking for that ?

Here is some more ads for you guys .

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Reklamelego001

Soren, will like to see your vintage foreign G.I. Joe ads. Are they called ACTION MAN too in Denmark?

Hey I recognise the Hospital set from that ad you've posted. I used to have similar LEGO sets circa 1975 in those format. Mine was a living room and reading room combo. Smile

Last edited by Chancellor_Peter on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:36 pm

Well Peter they where called Action Man here i Denmark , i don't know what they where called in Sweden and the rest of the nordic contrys .

Action Man is the Uk version of GI Joe but not all are the same . But both GI Joe and AM where sold in Denmark .

I fact Action man was my first love before SW . I have a cool poster from Action Man i can post when i get the time.

it was this book i saw at the flea market
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1872727360.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 6:00 pm

This is a great topic. Smile

I have some adds my self. I will shoot pictures later but here are a picture of my Action Force/GI Joe add. It's from a danish toystore called BR. It's a add of the first Action Force/GI Joe figures that was sold in Denmark.

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 2246227620090064629S500x500Q85
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 2:00 am

Hurra my friend Michael joined the tread Very Happy

I can remember this ad from when i was a kid. I have some Gi Joe stuff that i will post when i dig em out .

Here is some more ads you guys

Thats all for now Very Happy

Last edited by soren on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Last edited by soren on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:20 am

soren wrote:
This is for you Peter. Danish Action man ads and a cool poster. ( UK ) Hope you enjoy Very Happy

Danish toy magazin 1973
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Reklamertil017

The poster
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Reklamertil018
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Reklamertil019

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Reklamertil020
The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Reklamertil021

Soren thank you very much for posting these 1970's Vintage ACTION MAN ads and posters from Denmark. I recognise the last 4 pictures as the 1981 PALITOY new format fold out catalog cum poster at the end of this line. Uncannily it may seem because Kenner Toys adopted the same approach when they published the POWER OF THE FORCE Planetary Maps in 1985 :

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Map-back

On the reverse side of these Maps (Death Star, Tatooine and Endor) featured the last and final line of Kenner Star Wars action figures - 93 including Yak Face, Tatooine Skiff, the 3 POTF Body Rigs, Ewok Battle Wagon, A-Wing Fighter, Droids Side Gunner, Droids ATL Interceptor and etc.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:32 am

You are velcome Peter Very Happy

I have the POTF map also. I can remember that the shops stoped selling Action Man when i was very little and i was so sad.

But that might be why i turned to SW back then :-)

Some where i have another Action Man ad that i wil post for you Peter.
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:23 pm

soren wrote:
I can remember that the shops stoped selling Action Man when i was very little and i was so sad.

But that might be why i turned to SW back then :-)

Some where i have another Action Man ad that i wil post for you Peter.

Hi Soren,

Do you remember what year was that when the toy shops in Denmark stopped selling ACTION MAN? In Malaysia, I did not pay attention anymore after 1977 as my attention was on AIRFIX, MATCHBOX, TAMIYA and of course the Kenner STAR WARS figures.

Yes please go ahead and post up this other Action Man ad. Smile I'm looking forward to see it.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi Peter
No not realy . Im from 77 and i think i got on SW after ROTJ . So 83-84 i can remember playing Star Wars in kinder garden after ANH where shown in Danish national TV. ( and i had SW toys before that ) And i stated in School in 85. To ad to the confusion . I just found another ad from x-mas 1981 with
Action Man. So some where around 82-84

I can remember that there where talk about they stoped selling Action Man becouse it was to vielent toys. So it might have ben a ban of some kind or just a chain of shops that did not wanted to sell it.

Any Way it was some cool stuff they made Very Happy
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:16 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by soren on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:44 am

soren wrote:
More ads for you mates. Starting of with another Action Man ad for you Peter Very Happy

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 Nyereklamer2031

Hi Soren, thanks again for posting up this Vintage ACTION MAN ad. Looking at the pictures it would either be the 1973 or the 1974 ad. I received my Action Soldier but sadly Palitoy gave him a black plastic beret instead of that COOL green felt beret from the catalog picture. Crying or Very sad

BTW what magazines are those with these ads? Their contents is really a paralel with those Mini ACTION MAN in-package catalogs. Smile

Also is the Playmobil line still available in Denmark now :?: I remember they made a comeback in the recent few years.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi Peter it is nice that i can keep you happy with some AM ads Very Happy

The ads are from Danish Donald Duck start 1970's the paintet one is for mail aways . The others are from x-max toy inlays . They are from a association of toy importers in Denmark ( The last postet is from 74 )

have some later ones that should have contained Star Wars toys but they don't. It might have been that they did not import SW.

Playmobil is still big here. My sister has two boys and they get Playmobil. They make some cool things now of days Very Happy

I have some vintage boxed / MISB up for trade if you are interested Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:10 am

Hi Soren,

Yes I do enjoy looking at them and you've done a good job in posting them up. Have any of your childhood Action Man figures, weapons and accessories survived till today? Smile

Thanks for letting me know where these ads are published in. Did you acquire these 1970's Danish Donal Duck and X-Mas toy inlays from eBay or from a local Danish source? Smile

Good to know that Playmobil is well and alive in Denmark. Unlike my passion for Vintage Star Wars figures and boxed playsets and vehicles, I have permanently outgrown Playmobil and have no interest in them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )   The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The vintage commercial break ( Non SW vintage toy Ads )

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next