The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Snagletooths loose variants

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:23 am

Hey Scott that a great collection of variants and thanks for putting up photos to show everyone.

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Craig T wrote:
Hey Scott that a great collection of variants and thanks for putting up photos to show everyone.

Thanks Craig, I think its the least I can do mate with all the great info I've received on here Wink Got another Luke Jedi that will be going up soon too mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 10:53 am

Nice One! Hope I don't need it! Very Happy

(Bought too many as it is!)
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:16 pm

Just added quite a few, got over 200 variants going now, quite a few Han Hoths, Luke X Wings and rebel soldiers. Dengars and Snowtroopers are coming along nicely to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Your collection is just impressive!!; took me a while to check all of them ,but it was quite interesting to see the whole thing!!

CONGRATS AGAIN!

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:16 pm

merlin wrote:

Your collection is just impressive!!; took me a while to check all of them ,but it was quite interesting to see the whole thing!!

CONGRATS AGAIN!

Thanks.

I'm glad you enjoyed it mate i'm really getting some where with is now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 5:23 am

Hi snaggletooth, I love it and it really helps me with my own collection.

Do you know something about the Tri-Logo Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear) ?

Did It have a special scar or just a scar on the leg ?

Is there one or two holes in each side of the cape ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 6:46 am

snaggletooth wrote:
i'm really getting some where with is now Very Happy
you're not wrong Shocked 1 month to go from 150 to 200 variants & then BAM 3 months & you're well into the 300 club Smile Fun part is- there are so many more to hunt down Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:30 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
Hi snaggletooth, I love it and it really helps me with my own collection.

Do you know something about the Tri-Logo Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear) ?

Did It have a special scar or just a scar on the leg ?

Is there one or two holes in each side of the cape ?

Hi pomse2001

Both of these have 2 round holes in there capes. The YPS has a single scar(no 3 COO in wolfs guide) and was also found on Tri-Logo cards. The PBP has the last COO in wolfs guide, also found on Tri-Logo cards.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/COO-GUIDE-h21.htm#Imperial%20Stormtrooper%20%28Hoth%20Battle%20Gear%29

aussiejames wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
i'm really getting some where with is now Very Happy
you're not wrong Shocked 1 month to go from 150 to 200 variants & then BAM 3 months & you're well into the 300 club Smile Fun part is- there are so many more to hunt down Very Happy

Got some more to add here to mate, when I get round to it Rolling Eyes not even half way yet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:42 am

I am confused, you say no. 3 is YPS on the link it's no. 2 there is the YPS.

And no. 2 does not look like a scar to me, damn I am confused.

What is PBP on no. 3 ?
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:42 am

pomse2001 wrote:

What is PBP on no. 3 ?

Have a look here, I know theres no pics now but Wolf is refering to the YPS as no 3 and the PBP as the last one. Not all scar coos are PBP and not all PBP coo's are scars.

I dont know if no 2 is a PBP variant or if Wolf made a mistake, his coo guide has been around a while now and I think he's learned some new infomation but hasn't changed the guide.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2513-spain-loose-variation-figures-help-needed
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:47 pm

snaggletooth wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

What is PBP on no. 3 ?

Have a look here, I know theres no pics now but Wolf is refering to the YPS as no 3 and the PBP as the last one. Not all scar coos are PBP and not all PBP coo's are scars.

I dont know if no 2 is a PBP variant or if Wolf made a mistake, his coo guide has been around a while now and I think he's learned some new infomation but hasn't changed the guide.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2513-spain-loose-variation-figures-help-needed

Thanks.

So which scar is for the YPS and is there only one type of scar for the YPS ?

PBP is that spanish and what does it mean ? I have never heard about it before.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:27 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

What is PBP on no. 3 ?

Thanks.

I'm still quite new to all this mate but this is what i know from TIG. The YPS has no 3, PBP was the spanish star wars company, POCH before it.(like Palitoy, UK) Dont know what it stands for.

Theres a few Snowtrooper threads in Vintage Star Wars Chat
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:02 am

snaggletooth wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

What is PBP on no. 3 ?

Thanks.

I'm still quite new to all this mate but this is what i know from TIG. The YPS has no 3, PBP was the spanish star wars company, POCH before it.(like Palitoy, UK) Dont know what it stands for.

Theres a few Snowtrooper threads in Vintage Star Wars Chat

Thanks again for the help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:27 am

Can you tell me more about the lumat variants you have or do you have more pictures ?

It is hard to see the difference.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:33 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
Can you tell me more about the lumat variants you have or do you have more pictures ?

I've been suspect about my Lumats for a while but not got round to changing them, Also that darker bow looks slightly different to the other two in the pic, think its a repo.

I just had a Look now and I only have two differences, Light and dark paint jobs.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 2:55 pm

snaggletooth wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

I've been suspect about my Lumats for a while but not got round to changing them, Also that darker bow looks slightly different to the other two in the pic, think its a repo.

I just had a Look now and I only have two differences, Light and dark paint jobs.

Hi after I looked into my own lumat's I also found a light and a dark lumat but it is hard to see, unless you keep them up against some light.

Also the quiver and the hood is light and dark.

About the bow, you think is a repro. Try to drop it in a glass of water. I it sinks then there is a big chance it's repro. If it's float there is a big chance it's an original.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:28 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
Hi after I looked into my own lumat's I also found a light and a dark lumat but it is hard to see, unless you keep them up against some light.

About the bow, you think is a repro. Try to drop it in a glass of water. I it sinks then there is a big chance it's repro. If it's float there is a big chance it's an original.

I wouldn't rely on a float test any more mate, there's loads different repo's getting produced all the time and there's loads of different plastic that will float. Molds are harder for them to copy but they keep getting better.

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 4:08 am

snaggletooth wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

I wouldn't rely on a float test any more mate, there's loads different repo's getting produced all the time and there's loads of different plastic that will float. Molds are harder for them to copy but they keep getting better.

Well I can only talk about my own experience, but after I learned about the water test 3 months ago and tested about 500 weapons and also used the weapon guide on the forum. Then the water test worked about 95% for me, maybe more. The last 5% the guide helped me with.

But I also think you are correct they are getting better.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:11 am

pomse2001 wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

Well I can only talk about my own experience, but after I learned about the water test 3 months ago and tested about 500 weapons and also used the weapon guide on the forum. Then the water test worked about 95% for me, maybe more. The last 5% the guide helped me with.

Here's another thread on the float test
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2419-repo-original-light-sabers-float-sink
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:38 am

snaggletooth wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

Here's another thread on the float test
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2419-repo-original-light-sabers-float-sink

Thanks I will look at it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Love the collection!!
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:28 am

Ronniebiggs wrote:
Love the collection!!

Thanks Ronnie Cool
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 4:03 pm

Holy crap, 428 variants already! affraid

Scott, your variant collection is growing at hyperspeed, keep on going and sharing mate!
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:54 pm

wow , very nice :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool:

well done , i do just want to say , that with the bikerscouts you are refering to a no coo bikerscout as macao

the macao version has a scar with macao on it , and there are two versions of it that i know of , and both have macao , on it

check my for sale thread there is a pic in there of one f them

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snagletooths loose variants   Snagletooths loose variants - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snagletooths loose variants

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next