The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:33 pm

I'd say:

- lighter grey beard - and hair
- pale blue instead of dark blue eyes
- glossy instead of matt black gloves and boots.
- glossy instead of matt blue sleeves - I'd call them also darker blue - the main and easiest to see difference imo
- a darker grey suit - no imo not

Uli

P.S. the brown V3 palace blaster was not used for any LL figure as far as I know. It came with the Kenner Made in Hong Kong Luke Jedi only
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:05 pm

OK, many thanks for your help on the Madine differences, Uli.

Also good to know that the grey/brown V3 blaster was only released by Kenner and not by Lili Ledy.

BTW: Do you have a Emperor in your collection which has the exact same COO as a Ledy, but isn't Ledy. I haven't seen one yet.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:09 pm

I fear I can't help you here - my Emperor variant collection is quite small... I only have the 3 different Emperors.

Uli
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 6:20 pm

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Breaking-news-54

**************************************** BREAKING NEWS *************************************************

1. The Boushh entry has been updated with a few variants slightly differing in the colours of the pants and facial details: Page 3

2. The Royal Guard entry has been updated with a variant having a different arm slit and a force pike variant: Page 3

3. Time flies since I joined TIG 9 months ago, this will be my 500th post. This is a great place. Do I get promotion now Jay? Very Happy

**************************************** BREAKING NEWS *************************************************

Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:15 pm

YO Doc your doing an excellent job on all the info and pic's. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I'll promote you to Captain Kik Ass.
The Ledy force is strong with this one.
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:28 am

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Breaking-news-54

1. The Madine entry has been updated with comparison pics of a a molded face Kenner Madine and his Ledy brother (thx Uli!): Page 8

2. Extremely rare sunburn variant dicovered for Ledy Chief Chirpa, see the pics below. Very Happy

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 IMG_4139

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 IMG_4138

Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Great thread Marco / guys - keep going Smile

I know ive just came back and im rusty and im not going to step on anyones toes, my concern is just getting the guide moving so ill concentrate on getting pix/info from here for updating it with Chris if thats ok with you guys?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:43 pm

RANCOR KEEPER
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Rancor10

COO guide for Rancor Keeper: No. 2 and 3 are shared by Kenner and Lili Ledy.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Rancor15

Rancor Keeper: Lili Ledy on the right.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Rancor11

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Rancor12

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Rancor13

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Rancor14

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Rancor15

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Rancor16

DIFFERENCES:

• According to the COO guide, the Lili Ledy Rancor Keeper has an unique COO#3. This is not true. Both COO #2 and #3 are shared by Kenner and Lili Ledy figures. Both COOs represent steelmoulds that were used in parallel.
  • Compared to his no COO brother, the Lili Ledy Rancor Keeper has:
    - a more pinkish/apricot skin
    - glossy instead of matt boots
    - glossy instead of matt wrist and elbow armour (I found that for all my LL Rancor Keepers see the comparison pic).

Comparison of wrist and elbow armour: Matt (no COO, figure on the left) vs Glossy (Ledy, all three figures on the right).
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Rancor17

ACCESSORIES:

• The LL Rancor Keeper came with a hood which is very dark grey and made out of hard plastic. The hood is a shade darker in comparison to the no COO hood. The Ledy hood can have a "A" or "C" inside.

Comparison of Rancor Keeper hoods.
    THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Rancor18

• The LL Rancor Keeper came with a dark grey staff (vibroblade) which is a shade darker compared to the no COO staff and much darker than the Taiwan staff.
  • Be aware not to buy a repro staff. At first glance you might think this repro staff seems OK cause it is darker than the Taiwan version. However keep in mind a true Ledy staff is much darker. Furthermore the repro staff has a blunt ended tip and sinks in water. Why do I tell you this? Cause I made the same mistake head bang and don't want you to make it too. Here is a comparison shot for your convenience:

Comparison of Rancor Keeper vibroblades.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Rancor19

Comparison of Rancor Keeper hoods and vibroblades. Left: no COO (trilogo). Right: Lili Ledy.
A Nikto Ledy axe was added for comparison. As you can see, it is cast in the same dark grey plastic as Rancor Keeper's vibroblade.

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Rancor20

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Pbucket

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:38 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Marco you realy have got the skill's man,kudos.
I wish i could do pic's and representation like you.
You realy are making a great difference here on TIG,you explain thing's so clear even i can understand,you rock dude .
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
This information is rock solid.
Dan.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 3:50 am

Yep the Rancor Keeper info ties in with my figure also Marco, you are 100% correct Smile

Ledy Stormtrooper variant number 2 will be added to our Ledy guide sometime today by Chris, there is only 2 small differences on the datestamp area, thanks to Wolff for the image Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Zuckuss: Lili Ledy on the right
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 IMG_3257

Zuckuss: Lili Ledy on the right
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 IMG_3377

DIFFERENCES:
  • Both figures look nearly identical and have the typical LL traits (same COO, big circles behind the heels), except for the colour of the belt and the ´nose´ tip.
  • The LL Zuckuss has a dull silver instead of a shiny silver belt.
  • The LL Zuckuss has a darker red nose tip.
  • The LL Zuckuss is casted in a darker gray plastic.

What might be the origin of the left Zuckuss. China baggie? (James) Lili Ledy variation? (Ben). Both?

This week I saw this AFA graded Ledy Zuckuss offered for sale by sacko. This Zuckuss clearly has a shiny silver belt. I guess AFA knows what they are grading, at least that is what they are paid for. Very Happy

So this means that both the shiny silver and dull silver ('grey') belt versions can be Ledy?

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Img_2420

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Hey guys.

I actually have 3 AFA 85 graded zuckuss. I know this is a tough figure to identify.

So here is the layout of my 3

1. AFA 85 - Silver shiney belt, matte eyes and brighter red nose (For sale)
2. AFA 85 - Dull belt, Shiney eyes and a darker red nose (deep dark red)
3. AFA 85 - Dull belt, Shiney eyes and a darker red nose but not the same as 2 (lighter dark red)

They all seem to be the same body color but it is very difficult to tell. I had my wife look and she also had trouble seeing any difference in this area.

I really do believe that the figures varied and depending on the day figures could have appeared different. My guess is we could have Tom D take a look at the pics.

This is what made collecting ledy figures so very difficult and my attraction to both cut carded figures and U graded figures. With those 2 categories I know the ledy figure I have in my collection is legit. I do not agree with U grading in general so please understand the above statement and no attacks on poor sackman Smile.

The actual key may be in the eyes. Do we know of any ROTJ kenner carded Zukuss figures with shiney eyes?

Last thing with the pic above comparing the 2. I know Zuckuss appears to be darker when the figure has started to yellow. Not sure but the figure above looks like he may have yellowed a bit giving him a darker mold appearance.

Hope that helps guys

Jason
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Sacko, good to see your still around m8 Wink

Uli and i were having a similar conversation earlier about grading - considering were finding new information all the time - are they correctly grading figures and their proper accessories?

(Room there for a TIG grading category Wink )

I also thought the same about other Ledy figures when we were reviewing the AT-ST driver, we know Matt and Gloss paints were used and even a mixture of both which puts other figures into question that may have previously been discarded, the plot thickens Smile

I can really say - ive been missing this shit Wink
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:26 pm

Good to see you old friend! I will try to contribute more and hopefully help find some answers Smile. Sure helps to have you back.

Jason
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:34 pm

Im a lil rusty with that years adventure i had haha but im focused Smile
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Thank god for threads like these. I just purchased a very large collection and just started going through them all. I am trying to pick out all the different variations. Its fun, but not fun at the same time. Especially when its over 800 figures.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:39 am

I love this thread massive kudos to everybody involved Smile

Detective Rob great to see your fully back in the zone bro Smile Jason great to see you posting bro i hope your well Smile The more people that an chip in and pull together on projects like this the better cheers

Quick question Bill sent me -

""should the Lili Ledy Stormtrooper with filled in peg hole be added as a variant in the TIG Interactive and "Tough to Identify Lili Ledy" thread" ""

- I'm not a loose expert so i leave this question in your good hands.

Bill also raised the possibility of making this thread a sticky im more than happy to do that if people feel its worth it.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:55 am

The Stormtrooper should only be added as a variant if his Datestamp differs to Variant 1+2's Datestamp in my opinion, Ledy are well known for poor quality control.
What do you guys think?

Yes i would make this a sticky Jay, its going to be used a lot and is an important thread Smile

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:36 am

If you make it a sticky maybe create a section for "vintage star wars guides" Javis potential PBP guide in there - Shawns mailer guide, Marcos thread etc - I think we all miss stuff in the reference section.

BTW- if the ledy guide is back up and running - why not put a link to this thread on the guide page- ?
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:42 am

Right now the thread gets bumped up often but for me it is one of the the most important collecting resources going and seems much more than a thread.

When I first saw a filled in peghole Ledy Stormtrooper I thought it was just a one time error figure but there seems to be a few them out there. Also is it always the right leg peg hole filled?

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Dsc00910

Last edited by BILLIAM666 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:58 am

Joe, once the "homework" is done these threads will be moved back to the reference section assuming we are happy with the guide Smile

We also have quite a few Ledy threads that started and ended so that would be a few links to add not just this one, but no worries with a link from the guide to here if it helps people, but a sticky might just suffice? Comments/Ideas?

Bill - is your Stormy a V1 or V2? or other? I (personally) think the "filled" Pegholes were due to them removing figures too quick from the moulds or the moulds became badly worn and more would appear like this, or they didnt clean it regular, anyone else have an opinion on this?

I have 8 Ledy Stormtroopers, 3 of which have the filled in peghole and all 3 are the V1 mould and all are the right foot. Ill get some closeups of the Datestamps and see if they are indeed the same
Smile

OK update for you all - I have Variant 1 and Variant 2 Stormies, the filled in peghole on the right foot is evident on both variants, there is no Datestamp difference other than the Variant 1 and 2 differences so filled in foot is poor quality control and not another variant.

Last edited by The Admiral on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:09 pm

I have not received the figure yet to see if it is 1 or 2.

Even if that is true about the molds, I would consider that to be a variant. Sort of like the Blue Snaggletooth dent and no-dent toe.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:12 pm

I think it was Ledy's poor quality control bringing us items like:
  • The removable rocket Boba Fett
  • Wrongly welded Jawas
  • Stormtroopers and Bens with filled pegholes
  • Matt/glossy black boots, belts, and eye patches for the same figure (Madine, AT-ST driver, Biker Scout, Prune Face)

The border between true Ledy variation and factory error is very vague here. But who cares it is all Ledy. Very Happy

Once I make a Stromtrooper entry in this thread, I will add some pics of my Strormie having his right peg hole filled.

As Rob mentioned, it might well be that Lili Ledy took the figures and weapons too early out of their molding after casting sometimes. Because the plastic was not hardened enough it was deformed because of the used physical force. LL's Quality control was poor so that's how we could have ended up with Yoda COOs with warped "C"s, filled pegholes, and (as it seems from a current discussion within the dev team), nippled comm links

Dr Dengar wrote:

- Andy: Might the warped ©️ be an artifact during removing the freshly cast figure from the molding? Why would the factory carve a deformed C in a molding? I have a Ledy Yoda and Gamorrean Guard with a similar deformed ©️ (see the pics below).

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 YodaC

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 IMG_3394

BTW: Good idea to make this thread a sticky so don't have to bump it constantly. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Ok guys, back to the topic now, let's further discuss Zuckuss:

• Who likes to contact Tom D to ask him how he thinks about the silver and grey belt versions and how they relate to Ledy.
  • Who can post a clear pic of a Made in China Zuckuss baggie. I am very curious how this figure looks like. Exactly like the 'silver belt' 'Zuckuss as shown in the pics above or differently. Del?
  • Can we exclude that the grey belt is a discolored silver belt, in which the silver pigments have been oxidized to darker pigments?
  • I have found a few pics of Ledy MOCs, see below. Difficult to say: grey or silver belt? I would say both MOCs have a grey belt Zuckuss. Who can post pics of other Ledy MOCs? Some Mexican input would be much welcomed here!

Source: theSWCA[
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Lili_ledy_rotj_zuckuss_a

Source: Japanese collector
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 Zuckuss00
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:45 pm

I have a Han Hoth with both peg holes filled....I never saw that before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next