The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resealed MOCs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Resealed MOCs Empty
PostSubject: Resealed MOCs   Resealed MOCs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:04 am

I'd be content to have a 'rare' high end resealed MOC in my collection- I'm not sure where to draw the line?
I briefly thought about glueing these, but I came to my senses.
Resealed MOCs SDC11756
for the right price I'd buy a good foreign MOC reseal. (even thou I learned a valuable lesson about reseals a while ago Evil or Very Mad )
Would you buy/happily own a reseal?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Resealed MOCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resealed MOCs   Resealed MOCs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:20 am

aussiejames wrote:
I'd be content to have a 'rare' high end resealed MOC in my collection- I'm not sure where to draw the line?
I briefly thought about glueing these, but I came to my senses.
Resealed MOCs SDC11756
for the right price I'd buy a good foreign MOC reseal. (even thou I learned a valuable lesson about reseals a while ago Evil or Very Mad )
Would you buy/happily own a reseal?

For everyday Kenner MOCs my answer would be no.

But for high end rare MOC's like Ledy i would defo consider a reseal in many cases especially with Ledy it can be the only way to get the MOC unless you have huge $$$$ in the bank.

To be honest those LL cardback with attached bubbles look in great nick AJ so i would possibly consider resealing them (done 100% correctly it would potentially increase the value).

Just make sure that if you do its with a 100% genuine C9+ Ledy Figure complete with the Ledy Weapon(s) (The 100% Complete Ledy Figure must at the same standard / level that a factory sealed one we be).

E.G DONT put a rough Ledy figure with a Kenner weapon in as it would totally devalue it imo.

Just my thoughts Smile

I know Ledy MOC bubbles have a habbit of coming away thats why such a high percentage end up partially resealed.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Resealed MOCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resealed MOCs   Resealed MOCs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:23 am

There is a thread floating about regarding reseals on here, I just thought of another thing to add to the "don't buy a reseal" situation - Original and CORRECT figures being resealed.

I saw a resealed Trilogo Jawa for sale recently while I wasn't exactly tempted it did get me thinking, is the Jawa any different from a Kenner to a tri, what is the correct COO etc, if its resealed how would I check. That would go for Ledy figures as well, are the accessories all genuine, is the figure correct, many of those things you can't easily check on a resealed card.

I think I would stay away from any reseals, I was highly interested recently in a resealed 8D8 Ledy MOC, it was cheap, I am cheap lol it seemed a perfect way as I would also be fine with a cardback + figure but once the figure is in the bubble and resealed its tough to be sure if its the correct figure for the MOC.

I passed on the 8D8 and I think I would pass on any other reseal as well.

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Resealed MOCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resealed MOCs   Resealed MOCs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:50 am

Joe_O wrote:
There is a thread floating about regarding reseals on here, I just thought of another thing to add to the "don't buy a reseal" situation - Original and CORRECT figures being resealed.

I saw a resealed Trilogo Jawa for sale recently while I wasn't exactly tempted it did get me thinking, is the Jawa any different from a Kenner to a tri, what is the correct COO etc, if its resealed how would I check. That would go for Ledy figures as well, are the accessories all genuine, is the figure correct, many of those things you can't easily check on a resealed card.

I think I would stay away from any reseals, I was highly interested recently in a resealed 8D8 Ledy MOC, it was cheap, I am cheap lol it seemed a perfect way as I would also be fine with a cardback + figure but once the figure is in the bubble and resealed its tough to be sure if its the correct figure for the MOC.

I passed on the 8D8 and I think I would pass on any other reseal as well.

Its a good point Joe in 95% of cases a reseal wouldnt interest me but for items like Ledy more and other rare MOC's its something i may consider.

If you had a Ledy MOC where the seal came away in shipping and still had the exactly figure and accessories that came of the card then you can reseal its knowings its 100% original and acurate easily and thats how many of the resealed ledys mocs came about.

In the case of picking up the figure seperately to reseal to a cardback and bubble (like AJ highlighted) you would have to make sure that 1000% the figure and accessories were exactly right for that MOC.

Anything less than that i.e resealing a Beater Ledy figure, non ledy figure, correct figure but a non ledy blaster etc etc would be a total waste of time you would be creating a MOC that never exsisted and it could be passed off as correct (when it isnt) further down the line Sad

E.G If i was AJ and i decided to reseal the lando ledy moc then i would make sure the loose Lando figure to be used was 100% Ledy, the Helmet 100% Ledy and the Staff 100% ledy i would also ensure the figure was in at least C9 condition and comparable to a figure just taken off a card. Anything less than that would be a HUGE mistake imo.

I may have repeated myself a little bit above but thats because i cant stress just how important these factors would be Smile

Jay

Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Resealed MOCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resealed MOCs   Resealed MOCs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:55 am

IMO a full reseal is a no go for me.

However, there are exceptions to every rule. I've seen a lot of partial reseals on insanely rare MOC's and I'm completely fine with that.

Look at JoeY's latest foreign 12back for sale post on RS. Those MOC's that he has on there are incredible! Both in quality and rarity. However, he specifically states that a few are partial reseals. IMO, that's totally fine! If I was in the market for one of those MOC's as a focus collector, I would gladly pay the money for a partial reseal.

Some of these rare foreign cards aren't sealed well to begin with. So a little touch up, IMO isn't a bad thing at all. As long as it's fully disclosed in the first place though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

Resealed MOCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resealed MOCs   Resealed MOCs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Since I've been mentioned Very Happy As is obvious in that I had some in my collection for YEARS... When it comes to ultra rare pieces an ORIG bubble reseal, in my opinion, is an acceptable addition to the collection. I recently sold a PBP item that was open bubble. I got it as an open bubble piece from a very reputable seller, before variants and coo issues were something that people cared about. I KNEW that the person that was interested in buying it, DID care about the COO etc, so I made sure that it was the correct figure for that card and bubble before selling it. Obviously on items that are fully resealed it's a potential issue, esp w. Ledys. All of the resealed LL's that I had were definitely LL figures in them, but sadly I'm sure some unscrupulous seller down the line wouldn't be above doing a bait and switch.

On some super rare non US items (especially 12bks and MOC Ledys) having partial, or orig bubble reseals is just something that if you want to collect them, they're something that you'll either have to accept, or save up silly $ and add a new piece to your collection once every 2 or 3 years when someone like me puts a bunch on the market all at once due to a focus change, or in my case a hobby change. (Sold them to buy Megos).

As long as everything is original (no repro footers or bubbles), I think that orig bubble reseals are a fine way to collect higher end MOC, without going broke. Granted, I never looked for them specfically, I also went for super mint pieces when they came my way....but when collecting non US raritys you sometimes have to jump when it's offered, be it dead mint original seal, or a mid grade reseal, or sometimes just a cardback to keep the place until something better comes up.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Sponsored content

Resealed MOCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resealed MOCs   Resealed MOCs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resealed MOCs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1