The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:14 pm

WOW I have to say well done to the Germans they totally destroyed the Ozzies!! The Red Card was the wrong decision imo though.

I really hope England dont play the Germans in the last 16 if we get out the group stage.

I bet your buzzing Wolff!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:23 pm

Germany look the biz! Agree, Jay, the red card was bit harsh for Cahill. Four top goals though! Nice work Germany.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:24 pm

aussiejames wrote:
Sad

Sad

To be fair, German team were awesome but I was secretly hoping you guys would at least get 1 or 2 goals Sad Unlucky James
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:25 am

The Germans did look good yesterday. There's no doubt about that. Like Joe, I was hoping for the Aussies though. Especially early on when they had a few chances. The red card was a joke IMO. The very most it should have been was a yellow. However, Cahill was starting to get a little chippy before he made that tackle, so maybe the ref just thought to nip it in the bud. Still too much punishment though.

FYI- I've DVR'd the Netherlands/Denmark game. So please don't spoil it! Razz
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:17 pm

As a Dane raised in the the Netherlands, I wasnt very popular at work today Very Happy Have sms´ed and called a friend who we know on these boards, he still hasnt replied 5 hours later. Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Darth Kaze wrote:
As a Dane raised in the the Netherlands, I wasnt very popular at work today Very Happy Have sms´ed and called a friend who we know on these boards, he still hasnt replied 5 hours later. Stormie Smiley

LOL Claus!

I cant believe how well North Korea played agianst Brazil not to mention the European Champs Spain been beaten by the Swiss this afternoon!!!!

Its really starting to hot up now lads!

Come on England!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:29 pm

I couldn't believe the result of the Spain/Switzerland game today! I DVR'd the game, but also listened to the live broadcast online.

The second round games are looking to be quite difficult/important for most teams! England and US need to win in order to advance. Keep them fingers crossed boys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:45 am

Just saw this thread!

Sorry for dealy!

Man...THX for congrats! GER destroyed AUS!!

Im very sorry for ya James. I still remeber crying with you guys in 2006....the game against Italia. I was very very sad for you at this time Wink

The red card was harsh IMO too. I cannot believe he got this card because of this foul! There must be a story behind it: be he was warned several times from the refery....I dont know.....
:scratch:

I hope the german team stops diving. I hate such behavior. The dont even have the need to do .....though
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:46 am

and: haha France is out!!! What a demonstration of: WE HATE OUR COACH!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:34 am

wbobafett wrote:
Just saw this thread!

Sorry for dealy!

Man...THX for congrats! GER destroyed AUS!!

Im very sorry for ya James. I still remeber crying with you guys in 2006....the game against Italia. I was very very sad for you at this time Wink

The red card was harsh IMO too. I cannot believe he got this card because of this foul! There must be a story behind it: be he was warned several times from the refery....I dont know.....
:scratch:

I hope the german team stops diving. I hate such behavior. The dont even have the need to do .....though

I dont think the German dived tbh Wolff he actaully said after the game it was never a red card and he felt sorry for Cahill!

Today is the day for England and the US im a bag of fucking nerves already!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:04 am

Today is the day Germany loose to Serbia Shocked Makes Australia's job of getting through the group stage interesting. & the US is down 2-0. & then go Algeria Razz
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:28 am

aussiejames wrote:
Today is the day Germany loose to Serbia Shocked

common...the loss is not so bad....but the yellow cards...common are we in kindergarden or what: 9 yellow cards!!! ONLY 2 WERE REAL CARDS!!!

That costs us the quarter finals....with 2. yellow card for schweinsteiger , Lahm, etc......
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:30 pm

just seen a review of all yellow cards...thats a scandal....good luck to every team getting this referee!
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Talking of scandalous yellow cards did anyone see the USA V Serbia match when Findlay got booked by that 'muppet' of referee for hand ball after the ball had smacked him on the top of the arm/shoulder.......what was he supposed to do ???

And as for the disallowed 3rd well at least 2 US players were being rugby tackled as the ball went in yet the foul went against them Evil or Very Mad

German game had a really poor referee who apparently sent loads of players off in La Liga this year......card happy fool that spoilt the game...........lets hope we dont see one of those in an hours time lol!
Tony
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:52 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a competition like this with so many yellow and red cards dished out at such an early stage.

Referees's remit is def to come down hard on anything. Some crazy decisions. Some crazy reults too! And we're only one week in.

Can't even begin to imagine what prospects are in store for the England game in a bit :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting:
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:45 pm

That really wasn't so good. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Emiel ........ that is the understatement of this world cup !!

Absolutely shocking and can only hope it improves because having seen Slovenia today we will get beat if not !!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:24 pm

World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 Aufzei10
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:04 pm

@ HothTony. I did see the game The US team was being bear mugged and our goal disallowaed WTF????.

Were getn hosed. whack whack whack whack whack
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:42 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:

Today is the day for England and the US im a bag of fucking nerves already!
2 draws tongue
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:16 am

I just finished watching my DVR of the US vs. Slovenia game. All I have to say is that was some of the worst referee work I have ever seen! I have seen better youth referees! That disallowed goal was appalling! If anything there should have been a PK! There were at least four players being molested in the box!

I'm happy for the draw but I have a terrible taste in my mouth. If the center backs don't get it figured out they may not make it out of the group!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:40 am

wbobafett wrote:
World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 Aufzei10

lol! Wolff.

Re: the England game... clueless and hopeless. Shaun Wright Philllips should start next game. The only one looking like he was making effort imo.

Re: USA game... dodgy ref yep!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:19 am

Congrats to New Zealand for a well fought draw! That was a fun game to watch! Very Happy

Man... I'm already nervous for both England and the US on Wednesday! It sounds like only one of them will advance.

:nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting:
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 1:53 pm

I hope US can make the next round.Good luck to England.

I think Brazil is going to win it all.

Dan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next