The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England Empty
PostSubject: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:36 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_162-20007331-10391697.html

I thought it was a funny read and very one sided lol

Check out this little quote:

Quote :
For too long, English soccer was all about hoofing the ball high and the man higher. But when teams of greater guile and technical skill came along, England was baffled. Too many of the players had neither the technique, nor the brains.

The remedy, at the league level, was to bring in foreign players who actually knew how to trap the ball and dribble with it.

Jay won't be impressed Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:38 am

Just wanted to add (and I wish I could tell this to the article writer :p) when we won it in 1966 (yes it was a long time ago) was that before or after the magical and skillful foreign players came to play in our leagues? oh yeah..was before Razz
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:45 am

I missed this game cause i was watching the blackhawks winning the Stanley cup.What happened.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:49 am

It hasn't happened.

Saturday 12th USA Vs England
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:55 am

oh man that's soon i need to see it it should be good.

First blackhawk's dominate.

Now USA need's a soccer win.

Oh yeah here it come's, Boo-Yeah.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Joe, that's hilarious! Very Happy

I can't stop laughing. It's funny how us Americans seem to think we should dominate every sport. When the truth is, we are SOOO far behind the world in this sport it's laughable.

You're right... Jay isn't going to like this one bit!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:52 am

What a crock of shit lol

THis has made me soooooooooooooooo determined to not only see an England Victory tomorrow but revel in the joy that a brand new vintage MOC will be on its way from the USA Wink
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:54 am

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:05 am

coachk28 wrote:
haven't you got some gardening to do? Razz THE World cup is bigger than the olympics. So the day after England loose to the US, Australia WILL beat Germany :clap:
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:25 am

aussiejames wrote:
coachk28 wrote:
haven't you got some gardening to do? Razz THE World cup is bigger than the olympics. So the day after England loose to the US, Australia WILL beat Germany :clap:

We do have a bunch of dreamers on this site dont we lol

Coach - Go play in your new garden bud while the rest of the Planet gets ready for the greatest sporting event on earth - scratch that the greatest event on earth! Isn't it about a 3rd of the globe or nearly 3 Billion people that will be tuned in i know its something like that anyway.

Jay
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:26 am

Kids are taking final exams!

Did you mention the Olympics???

Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:33 am

I will play in my garden.... when I get home from work!

The only reason why soccer is so popular all over the world is because you don't have to spend money on equipment and supplies, and it doesn't take any real skill to play. If you know how to walk/run and have enough coordination to move your foot so it can make contact with a big round ball, you can play.

All you need to play it is 2 legs, a round object (any kind of ball, round fruit, severed head), and something to use as a goal (trees, trash cans, traffic cones, box drawn on the wall).
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:44 am

coachk28 wrote:

The only reason why soccer is so popular all over the world is because you don't have to spend money on equipment and supplies, and it doesn't take any real skill to play. If you know how to walk/run and have enough coordination to move your foot so it can make contact with a big round ball, you can play.

All you need to play it is 2 legs, a round object (any kind of ball, round fruit, severed head), and something to use as a goal (trees, trash cans, traffic cones, box drawn on the wall).

That has to be the most RIDICULOUS statement i have ever heard!

Of course anyone can play football but the skill difference betwwen a kick about in the park with your mates and the worlds best players competing in the greatest tournament on earth is immense!

Give me the Football over Rugby for Gays sorry i mean American Football and Rounders or is it Baseball (Who cares the one where you hit a ball with a stick and run round a circle lol) any day of the week Wink
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:49 am

Any sport where the rules allow a game to end in a TIE should not be considered a sport.

Isn't the whole point of athletic competition to compete and WIN.... not end in a draw!!!! Playing a sport only to end in a draw... what a waste of time!!!!

If a soccer game ends in a tie after 90 mins or whatever length they play... they should let the fans have a brawl. Last fan standing... their team wins!!!! Since deaths/brawls/riots seem to be a regular occurance at soccer matches... why not make it an official part of the sport. At least it will be more interesting!!!

Don't take this to seriously football fans.. I'm just messing with you!!!!

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:51 am

coachk28 wrote:
Any sport where the rules allow a game to end in a TIE should not be considered a sport.

Isn't the whole point of athletic competition to compete and WIN.... not end in a draw!!!! Playing a sport only to end in a draw... what a waste of time!!!!

If a soccer game ends in a tie after 90 mins or whatever length they play... they should let the fans have a brawl. Last fan standing... their team wins!!!! Since deaths/brawls/riots seem to be a regular occurance at soccer matches... why not make it an official part of the sport. At least it will be more interesting!!!

Don't take this to seriously football fans.. I'm just messing with you!!!!

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

In that case England would win everytime!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:57 am

I got to watch a lot of football/soccer on TV during my honeymoon in St. Lucia... thats all they had on TV (that and cricket).

I almost fell asleep while running on the tredmill training for the marathon watching that nonsense!!! I would expect superior athletes with skill to give me a little more action than 1-0. It seemed 75% of the time the ball never left mid field!!!!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:58 am

head bang head bang head bang

Don't get to angry guys.... just love messin with people about soccer.

I joke with my students (75% hispanic population in my scool) all the time. I had kids ditch finals b/c they wanted to stay home to watch the World Cup.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:21 am

Don't they usually only score a handful of goals in that Disney on ice sport you like Razz
Back to top Go down
obiwankenobinil
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
obiwankenobinil

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:25 am

coachk28 wrote:
I almost fell asleep while running on the tredmill training for the marathon watching that nonsense!!!

lol, Well FIFA could always split the game into 4 quarters and have pop stars playing at half time. I'm sure you wouldn't have got board then Wink
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:30 am

Not a fan of figure skating!!!

But even that takes more skill and athleticism than soccer.

Again... this is all coming from a Western bias.

Here... the only people who play soccer as those who can't play and get cut from all the other sports/clubs they tried out for.... for example: baseball, bowling, chess team, lawn darts, curling, baskeball, table tennis, swimming, tic-tac-toe, the list is endless!!!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:34 am

That would make soccer waaayy more enjoyable!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Who would perform at Half Time... Tito Puente??? Gloria Estefan & the Miami Sound Machine???

World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England Titopu10

World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England Miami210
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:35 am

jaymassive619 wrote:
What a crock of shit lol

THis has made me soooooooooooooooo determined to not only see an England Victory tomorrow but revel in the joy that a brand new vintage MOC will be on its way from the USA Wink

I just have to comment on this. Very Happy

Something tells me that I'll be the proud owner of a new Rebel Commando come tomorrow. And I will display it above anything else! It'll be like my own personal World Cup Trophy!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:38 am

The USA has a soccer team???

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
obiwankenobinil
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
obiwankenobinil

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:46 am

I take it you dont like the beautiful game then Coach? I'm sure it could be made more razzmatazz for your western shored sensibilities 🐰
Back to top Go down
obiwankenobinil
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
obiwankenobinil

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:48 am

coachk28 wrote:
The USA has a soccer team???

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Yeah and they're not bad either! I reckon your qualify from the group stages behind England Smile Maybe you should try and watch more football then you might and I mean might just appreciate the skill invloved when the games played well Smile Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next