The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:50 am

Nah... never did like it. I used to play it in school when I was in what 2nd grade... that and kick ball and tag. Then as I got older I started to play real sports.... ones with more competition, skill, excitment, challenge.. etc etc.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

All my hispanic students are chearing in the halls... Mexico must have scored!!!!
Back to top Go down
obiwankenobinil
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
obiwankenobinil

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:52 am

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:54 am

Again guys dont take this to heart.... Over my 6 or so years of teaching at my school... I have grown to love arguing about soccer!!! My students and I get into heated debates on why I think the "sport" is a waste of time!!! All in good fun!!! Not trying to hurt any ones feelings!!!!
Back to top Go down
obiwankenobinil
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
obiwankenobinil

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:06 am

lol, i'm sure no-ones offended! In all fairness I dont expect to meet many Americans who enjoy the sport, I mean you didn't even invent it so why should you like it?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Coach - No No hope for you my friend lol
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:23 pm

Nice so we have 3 of us for hoping the US team will win.Excellent.And if our soccer team can't quite get the job done well will have to put our special team's player's in.
World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 APTOPIX_Stanley_Cup_Blackhawks_Flyers_Hockey.sff_64935_team
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Loving this thread guys and Coach's excellent wind-up skills lolol!

But, fact...

USA may well have a secret weapon in their 'flimsy' hopes of beating us -

In recent years the USA has had a great tradition of goalkeepers in the Premiership:

Marcus Hannemann
Kasey Keller
Brad Friedel
Tim Howard

to name but a few.

But really, for any chance of USA beating England tomorrow eve they are going to have to employ
the greatest American shot stopper ever to step between the posts and don the gloves for USA ...

... the one and only ...

... the amazing ...

... Mr 'versatility' himself ...

... Sylvester 'butter-fingers' Stallone ...

World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 18hero10

"Once a Christmas staple, Escape to Victory literally has it all - Sly Stallone playing some kind of John the Baptist figure, preempting the later surge of US goalkeepers into the UK. Britain’s greatest living actor - Michael Caine - putting in the thirteenth or fourteenth best performance of his entire career. And moving turns from Pele, Bobby Moore, and Ossie Ardiles. It’s the old story of prisoners putting one over on the baddies, with the help of Rambo in goal. Uplifting."

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I rest my case (of Bourbon).
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:35 pm

LMFAO i fell out of my fkn chair.can't stopp :that pic was hilarious.lol!: lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
hothrebel
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hothrebel

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:04 pm

Question to England lads about the match:

Do you think we''ll beat US tomorrow night? I'm as patriotic as the next bloke but I have a sneaky suspicion it's a 1-1 draw.

BTW it's football, footie or togger(I'm sure there are others) but it's never ever SOCCER!!!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:04 pm

hothrebel wrote:

Do you think we''ll beat US tomorrow night? I'm as patriotic as the next bloke but I have a sneaky suspicion it's a 1-1 draw.

BTW it's football, footie or togger(I'm sure there are others) but it's never ever SOCCER!!!

I really have to agree with you on this. My prediction has been a 1-1 draw for some time.

I honestly think it will come down to who plays the better first half. If England goes into half up 1-0, then the US has no chance. However, if it's tied at half, then it will be a draw for the end result.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:09 pm

RebelChris wrote:
jaymassive619 wrote:
What a crock of shit lol

THis has made me soooooooooooooooo determined to not only see an England Victory tomorrow but revel in the joy that a brand new vintage MOC will be on its way from the USA Wink

I just have to comment on this. Very Happy

Something tells me that I'll be the proud owner of a new Rebel Commando come tomorrow. And I will display it above anything else! It'll be like my own personal World Cup Trophy!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Fighting talk bro Wink

Im England till i die, England till i die, you know i am i said i am im England till i die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Carl_Easter
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Carl_Easter

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:09 pm

RebelChris wrote:
hothrebel wrote:

I really have to agree with you on this. My prediction has been a 1-1 draw for some time.

I honestly think it will come down to who plays the better first half. If England goes into half up 1-0, then the US has no chance. However, if it's tied at half, then it will be a draw for the end result.

only an american can predict a 1-1 draw lol if we only draw the game i will eat my vintage hat lol!
only one winner ENGLAND
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:11 pm

hothrebel wrote:

Why do you Englishmen get so upset by the word "soccer"? You're the ones that came up with it. Razz

Per Wikipedia-

"The term soccer originated in England, first appearing in the 1880s as an Oxford "-er" abbreviation of the word "association",[50] often credited to former England captain Charles Wreford-Brown.[51]" geek
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:36 pm

ctscanman68 wrote:
hothrebel wrote:

Why do you Englishmen get so upset by the word "soccer"? You're the ones that came up with it. Razz

Per Wikipedia-

"The term soccer originated in England, first appearing in the 1880s as an Oxford "-er" abbreviation of the word "association",[50] often credited to former England captain Charles Wreford-Brown.[51]" geek

Dont even go there....you will never win this argument..........It's football damit....Oh and Baseball is better than Cricket. Razz
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:38 pm

I think we got a chance.

Go team USA.
World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 Usa-worldcup-2010-team
World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 6a00e54ef2975b88330112790f0ae728a4-500wi
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:48 am

Lol I enjoed reading all this, Americans should stick to American Football and let the rest of the world play real Football lol!

Coach you massive douche! lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:35 am

Just read England have only lost 1 of the last 14 group match games in the Word Cups so the odds look good that i may land a MOC of Chris tonight!

Come on England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:26 pm

So...ready to rumble? Cool
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Another bloody goal keeper error has put the US right back in it grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The stress of this hads caused me to drinko half a bottle of vodka already!

Come on England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:11 pm

Only 10 minutes left for a goal to make either me or chris a winner of a moc!

Come on england they are tired now!
Back to top Go down
hothrebel
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hothrebel

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:22 pm

well I don't want to say I told you so about a 1-1 draw but..............

I'm just pissed off that as a gamblin man I didn't have no money on it,could ave got 10/3 on the draw alone.

England played pretty well though and as long as we qualify it don't matter if we won this one or not really.

Just would have been nice to get 3 points on the board,and if it weren't for Rob Green we would have.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:32 pm

hothrebel wrote:
well I don't want to say I told you so about a 1-1 draw but..............

I'm just pissed off that as a gamblin man I didn't have no money on it,could ave got 10/3 on the draw alone.

England played pretty well though and as long as we qualify it don't matter if we won this one or not really.

Just would have been nice to get 3 points on the board,and if it weren't for Rob Green we would have.

I have to agree with you! I thought it was going to be a draw all along. It was a good game all the way around. The US is a different team under Bob Bradley. They played a much more even game. The defense needs to get their shit together though.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Well done Chris your prediction was spot on!

All in all this sets up both England and the US to qualify if we win one of our next 2 games Smile

TBH I genuinely want to see the England and the US to qualify for the next round Smile

Oh and the basis of C3PO MOC's mistreatment in been stored away in your parents basement (or something like that) i do thing you should consider sending him to England for adoption Wink

Me and Lou are off to town to rip it up have a great night lads Smile
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Good result for USA, they made some tidy passes and looked good going forward. Not to be underestimated. England not bad despite g/k error. I hope both teams get through next stage Smile
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Great game.Us yank's held our own.So we both tied. equal strength's overall then?

Danny. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England   World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World cup 2010 topic : How the US can beat England

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next