The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PBP Vader do they exist or not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

PBP Vader do they exist or not? Empty
PostSubject: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 am

I was looking at vadrious sources on the web regarding a Vader Variant that released exclusively via PBP.

Uli was kind enough to send me he PBP Guide to show me what he believes maybe but at this stage is unconfirmed.

I was also chatting to Javi avout this.

I just picked up this Vader which is believed by some quarters to be PBP.

The COO is the HONG KONG COO that is all in Capital Letters with the HONG KONG scarred out but leaving the first letter H i.e H*******.

The Cape is also much thicker than the other Vaders i own which leads me to think the Cape could be REPRO?

Here are some pictures any help would be much appreciated Smile

PBP Vader do they exist or not? PBPVADERFRONTPIC1

PBP Vader do they exist or not? PBPVADERUPCLOSE

PBP Vader do they exist or not? PBPVaderCOOPic1

PBP Vader do they exist or not? PBPVaderCape1

Last edited by jaymassive619 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spoons
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
spoons

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Jay, isn't that a 'leather caped Vader' that was featured on RS a week or so ago? It's a legit variation if so,

edit* but Toltoys or Clipper not PBP
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Jay, I compared mine to the pix of yours and they are pretty much the same, even the cape match.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
jedi_rebel
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jedi_rebel

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 2:23 pm

I have had quite a few of these vaders with the same coo and leatherey cape pass through my hands over the years. I've always wondered weather the capes were repro or not as they are so different from the cross pattern.

I wouldn't of thought that they were either toltoys or clipper just because of the quantity I have seen as they seem more common in the UK than those variants.

Rob
Back to top Go down
http://www.starwarsgroup.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 2:49 pm

I havent got the answers guys thats why i threw the pictures up so we can discuss Smile

This particular loose Vader was sourced in the UK according to Uli's Guide is the Variant that maybe be the PBP but as yet is unconfirmed.

My personal feeling is this Vader whilst possible it came on PBP's cards and some PBP Vader MOC Pictures i have seem to back this up it may also have been found on other European MOC's and possible UK Palitoy or Tri Logo MOC's as well although i havent got any info yet to confirm that.

One thing ill add though is i own a 100% Dutch Clipper Vader that came from the Macu Baggie and this Vader is very different in every way including the cape. Although the clipper cape is thick this cape is much thicker again.

Here are some detail pictures of a genuine Clipper Vader for comparison Smile

Darth Vader - Clipper Scared Hong Kong COO, Mushroom Tip Saber Transition,

Additional Points - This Vader can be found with the Dutch Mailer Offer and on Dutch Clipper MOC's

PBP Vader do they exist or not? V3PIC1

PBP Vader do they exist or not? V3PIC2

PBP Vader do they exist or not? V3PIC3
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 3:21 pm

I have found a coule of that vader scar +H here in Spain, from chilhoods collections...
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Javi.It might be a PBP variant then?

Javi i have a technical question about what a true PBP is and a PBP?

I have heard the term noticed as PBP but not true PBP.IF a figure is loose and it could of come on a PBP or Spain card what does it make the figure?

And what if that same figure was found on another european card,does that make it PBP or Trilogo.

Dan unsure unsure unsure unsure unsure
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:41 pm

vintageSWfan wrote:

I have heard the term noticed as PBP but not true PBP.IF a figure is loose and it could of come on a PBP or Spain card what does it make the figure?

And what if that same figure was found on another european card,does that make it PBP or Trilogo.

Dan those answers can be found in the PBP / POCH thread mate.

Basically PBP Figure is exclusive to PBP cards and was only released on them.

Many Figures were released on PBP MOC and Tri Logo's and these get the term Tri / PBP

Then there are some that were released on PBP / Tri Logo and other European MOC's e.g Palitoy or similar.

A lot of these areas are still under research and its only by getting as many people working together both loose and equally importantly MOC collectors can we further our knowledge in this area.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:37 am

Back on track anothering interesting point about this Vader is the cape seems hand cut?

Here is a picture -

PBP Vader do they exist or not? Vader_13
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:51 am

Here is Javi's Post from the PBP Thread -

As request of Jay i think we must disscuse the Vader PBP a little more Wink
As far as i know the "rugose/thick" cape variant belongs to the PBP scar coo with remain"H".I have seen that cape on a MOC Vader PBP ROTJ offerless.What i really dont know if that figure was also realized elsewhere.
I remember that no usually you can found an other vader with remaining H rugose cape and different paint job on chest...
IMO there are two Vaders PBP:
Complet scar/thick cape no texture(red/black offers)
Remain "H" on coo/thick cape with texture(carded on ROTJ offerless)i found one example on UK
Also i found a LL vader in a big lot of figures from a non collector seller...
The cape have an "step" on the edge ....
PBP Vader do they exist or not? Dsc_0421PBP Vader do they exist or not? Dsc_0422PBP Vader do they exist or not? Dsc_0423PBP Vader do they exist or not? Dsc_0424
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:00 am

I had a look through this awesome RS limelight

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=vintagedisplay&Number=3776780&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1

The only MOC i can see this variant on is the PBP MOC's
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Wow great investigation work and great pic's they show all the detail.

Jay good work m8

Dan. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
spoons
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
spoons

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Jay - this thread shows the Clipper/toltoys leather caped Vader. It's Bill who's posting and he is the Vader man

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=4150141&Forum=,,f1,,&Words=vader&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=4150141&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post4150141
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:57 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:
vintageSWfan wrote:

Dan those answers can be found in the PBP / POCH thread mate.

Basically PBP Figure is exclusive to PBP cards and was only released on them.

Many Figures were released on PBP MOC and Tri Logo's and these get the term Tri / PBP

Then there are some that were released on PBP / Tri Logo and other European MOC's e.g Palitoy or similar.

A lot of these areas are still under research and its only by getting as many people working together both loose and equally importantly MOC collectors can we further our knowledge in this area.

Jay
Jay, completely agree with your words mate!!we (loose/moc collectors)must work together to confirm every variant.
long/funny way to go ...
Javi
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:02 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:
Here is Javi's Post from the PBP Thread -

As request of Jay i think we must disscuse the Vader PBP a little more Wink
As far as i know the "rugose/thick" cape variant belongs to the PBP scar coo with remain"H".I have seen that cape on a MOC Vader PBP ROTJ offerless.What i really dont know if that figure was also realized elsewhere.
I remember that no usually you can found an other vader with remaining H rugose cape and different paint job on chest...
IMO there are two Vaders PBP:
Complet scar/thick cape no texture(red/black offers)
Remain "H" on coo/thick cape with texture(carded on ROTJ offerless)i found one example on UK
Also i found a LL vader in a big lot of figures from a non collector seller...
The cape have an "step" on the edge ....
PBP Vader do they exist or not? Dsc_0421PBP Vader do they exist or not? Dsc_0422PBP Vader do they exist or not? Dsc_0423PBP Vader do they exist or not? Dsc_0424
This is the info i can share, the rouge cape is legit, mine comes from chilhood collection .
IMO Seems to be two different vader with H+scar , the one you post on top and the one with PBP paint job (more blury)both with same stamp , cape and saber.
Hope this help
Javi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader do they exist or not?   PBP Vader do they exist or not? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PBP Vader do they exist or not?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1