The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:42 pm

Nice Stormy dan. Seems like it got a higher grade than I would have given it. Nice, but with noticeable paint loss, it should be an 80, but what do I know. Nice one either way!!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:13 pm

Holy Cow Chris!!

Can you give us a little history on those?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:23 am

Hey John, I wish I knew something about their history but I bought the Vader and Ben graded. When I sold all of my 12-backs I started the hunt for these and never thought I would be able to track them all down in this condition. I was actually going after 85's but timing is everything in this hobby and the 90's were available, all within a short period of time, so I decided to sell off other parts of my collection and go for it.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:41 am

Jees Chris, i was super impressed with the removable rocket Ledy Fett. Then you post up that awesome trio. Great stuff. I'd love to know who/how/where/how much etc (when your run is completed of course Wink )
Great stuff.
Can't see that being topped in while imo!
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:58 am

Wow Chris awesome set mate, and super super mint too!
I have 2 of the 3 (ungraded), maybe if i ever get a ben i will send them in. It makes quite an impressive display peice!

Dan, i agree with joe, AFA have played it safe by putting hard torso & not PBP. Also i wouldn't complain too much as i think they have been a bit generous with the grading lol. If you sent it back they might change their mind lol!
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:22 am

Lol Del, i was just thinking that.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:11 am

vintageSWfan wrote:
well i received this back from afa it's a PBP stormie 85.on my afa submission list i described it as a PBP,but of course they messed it up. i pm'd javi with pic's and he comfirmed it as a PBP.Dan cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

[url=http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-vintageSWfan/PBP-Stormtrooper-pic_884.htm]

This is the real PBP Stormie.There is no other Stormie with its caracteristics.IMO There are to many mistakes in AFAs labels , some in my own figures.Also figures sent back with swap weapons....
Javi
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:04 am

thank you javi for chiming in. i knew it was a PBP stormie.i bought it from a dealer in spain,it came from his personal collection with the correct gun,it cost me booku dollar's.ya afa scored my stormie high but they scored 6 of my other figure's really low did you see my taiwan unpainted helmet figure it's flawless thay scored that an 80.it should be a 90, 85 at best.afa does that scoers less value figures high and really remarkable figure's low i don't get there logic.anyway it's monday time to call afa about my missing ledy axe from my ledy gammy.i would like to send the stormie back,let them relabel it with everything it has plus add PBP it's the least they can do to make up for the bullshit with my ledy axe being stolen.Dan. cheers cheers cheers cheers
PBP stormie
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Ll_gam15
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:38 am

what do you guy's think about this figure.i just received this back from afa with the rest of my stuff.i think it's flawless i was expecting a 90 it received a 80." seriously".this is a perfect example of afa missgrading check one post up my afa 85 stormie should be 80 but they did it 85 this taiwan leaia boush should be a 90 but they scored it 80 see how there reverse grading logic work's make sno f'n sense.Dan.
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Mis_la23
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Mis_la24
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:32 am

Its because of the helmet mate.
Note they do not mention unpainted helmet on the label, they probably marked it down for having no paint.

Sucks i know.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:57 am

Del wrote:
Its because of the helmet mate.
Note they do not mention unpainted helmet on the label, they probably marked it down for having no paint.

Sucks i know.

My guess is that it could also be the discoloration on the figure also. 80 or 85, I would be happy to have it in my collection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Yeah my bagged TW leia has the discoloured torso too.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Still an amazing example of that figure!!! Chaz would be proud!!!!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:44 pm

fk,I called afa twice there not answereing there phone,i left two messages..and they have never replied to any of my email's.can anyone get a hold of tom derby?is the guy unreachable?.Dan.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:48 pm

i think the taiwan figure might be that color?i'm not sure it's discolored.does anyone else have one of these that they can look at theres then mine.it's a taiwan coo.
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Dan - Tom does not run operations at AFA. Did you email info@toygrader.com over the weekend? You probably just need to get in the customer support queue, they are not a huge operation and really only have one person that deals with customers (Tanisha).

PS - If you look at the bottom of the Torso on the Bouschh Leia you can see the discoloration on yours. I just happen to have a photo of the one I just sold to another member here.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Starwa10

-chris
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:03 pm

ok, thank you chris. mine is discolored in the mid section front.it's an 80.chris i've emailed afa.i've called afa no response.Dan.
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:16 pm

Dan, sounds like you have done everything you can for now. Good luck with everything.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:24 pm

well i do have some positive stuff.AFA did me right on these two bad boy's.these were also a part of the stuff i just got back from them.i know there u grade both figure's are still sealed in there mint bag's there totally safe.i would never destroy a sealed baggie figure i know,some people have done it before,and i would take them over my knee. lol! lol! lol! Dan.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Toltoy10
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Toltoy11
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Toltoy12
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Toltoy13
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Chris Shocked Shocked Shocked

That is easily the best new Vintage Purchase photo I have ever seen...fucking awesome mate.

Such an amazing set to own, nice one.

Dan, not a huge fan of graded loose figures, but you make it look good my man Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Cool
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:44 pm

i got this in the mail today too.i bought it as a special interest variant.it's a pale face white bespin guard.and if you look at the brim of his hat he has a painted line that goes all the way around his head.i beleive this was factory done the paint matches his hair.the dude's face is totally pale like he saw a ghost.i've never seen one like this?does anyone know what variant this is?from where and what country of cardback.
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Bjs9p410
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Specia10
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Specia11
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Specia12
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Specia13
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 Specia15
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:58 pm

That's a strange one Dan. Never seen that before.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:43 pm

recently i learned that white faced-paleface fig are pbp variants , i have some fig that have really pale faces , but it seems that that's due to sun damage

maybe it's best to contact javi and ask him if this one is a pbp variant

pbp being from spain , but you probebly already knew that
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:15 pm

Nice mailers Dan. Did the Toltoys versions come with catalogs too or did they just come with the baggie figure in the box?
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:34 pm

hi shawn they just came with figure in box.i have another set just like these afa85.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next