The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 Empty
PostSubject: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Hello fellow TIG dudes, here is my vintage collection thus far. I only started collecting again last year so I'm quite pleased with my little haul Cool

My main focus at the moment is to complete a loose vintage run. I told myself I wasn't going to buy any carded or baggies etc until I'd completed that run... but as you can see I coudn't resist the Tusken Raider card or the RL C3PO baggie (see how addictive this hobby is!!!!). I also really like my Bradley Ewok watch and the Speeder Bike is so cool with its orig inserts & instructions. Damn I love these toys (again!).

The challenge for me is to find very good cond figs with their original weapons/accs. I got stung a couple of times last year but I'm a wiser collector now. Ebay and RS have been my main sources and I also picked up a few items at a recent memorabilia show. Next figure to arrive: Greedo. I already have a blaster waiting for him so it will be nice to reunite the two! Cheers, hope you like Smile Paul Smile

My vintage collection thus far:
Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 Tig_li10

My vintage complete figures:
Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 Tig_li12

My vintage no COO small selection (couple waiting for weapons):
Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 Tig_li13

My non-vintage stuff:
Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 Tig_li14
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:02 pm

You wrote...... "I only started collecting again last year so I'm quite pleased with my little haul "......

Here is my opinion .... NEVER IS TOO LATE TO START!!! ...opportunities in this "Hobby" come and go , the difference is to know where to take them .... this forum can help you out with that important decision!! ...

I guess everybody ( or at least almost everybody) started with the loose AF´s, I´m sure you will start very soon with the carded Collection!!!

Good LUCK!
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Nice looking collection. Really good start.
Just between you and me I like the non-vintage stuff also(but don't tell the other guys.... Laughing )
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:05 pm

Very nice collection there!

That's a great start to a loose set!

They all look to be in great shape as well!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:38 pm

Nice stuff dude!

BTW - Not sure if it's on purpose, but Boba Fett is in full "badass" position. I like the turned head (see above guys!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Quote :
BTW - Not sure if it's on purpose, but Boba Fett is in full "badass" position. I like the turned head (see above guys!)

I noticed that too! Looks pretty cool. I'm repositioning mine right now!!
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Sorry to steal your "pose" Paul. But no good idea goes uncopied!
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Nice collection. A loose set is the way to start! Just curious, did you buy that carded Tusken as a sealed vintage moc? The cardboard below his feet looks too white and something's going on on the left side of bubble... possibly a recard :pale:
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:28 am

Darthberizing wrote:
Nice stuff dude!

Thanks & well noticed! He has to lean slightly forward on his left leg too to maintain proper badass position. I tried it with a few other figs but only seems to work well with BF. Hammerhead also has a sideways glance and he looks like he's about to stride forward with his long limbs.
Glad you like Smile Cool
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:00 am

DarthGanja wrote:
Nice collection. A loose set is the way to start! Just curious, did you buy that carded Tusken as a sealed vintage moc? The cardboard below his feet looks too white and something's going on on the left side of bubble... possibly a recard :pale:

Cheers DG, yes I was fully aware it wasn't MOC. The bubble is only partially attached to the card so the Raider can come out. Thanks though man Cool

And thanks guys for the feedback so far Very Happy glad about the love for the Boba Fett pose too lol Smile You dudes rock!!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:33 am

Very nice start for your loose collection mate! Its great fun putting one together and I think the longer it takes the better, I have said it a 1000 times before but I am still upgrading and not finished mine (need 3) and its taken 6 years or more LOL

Well, its just because I am fussy actually (and cheap!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:16 am

Awesome Stuff Paul thats a great collection of ships and figs!

You have already got most of my favourite figures as well and they look in very good condition mate!

I still need to get a battle damaged X-Wing myself Smile
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:18 pm

you have a nice start there bro , all fig look in great shape ,

iam not so much of a modern fan , but overall nice collection , keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Does your 8D8 have a glass eye ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:56 pm

thanks Jimmy & Joe, lol the 8D8 does look like he's gained a glass eye Laughing He's a bit beat up actually with a couple of chew marks on his head and some red biro marks - I'm keeping him for a while though coz he's still cool.
Thanks all for the encouragement! I got my Greedo yesterday and he's in such perfect condition - looking forward to adding updates here in time Smile enjoy the rest of the weekend folks,
Paul
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Paul,

you have got some great stuff there mate for only been collecting a short time, i agree with the rest of the lads that have commented on bf badass position, like he is about to turn and blast some one Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 Icon_biggrin
i also thought to myself il get some figures loose then seen a couple of bits i just had to have Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 Lol

Andy
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:11 pm

Great start to the collection Paul! Very Happy

Before you know it,you'll have loads of stuff & you'll be off to ikea for display cabinets! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Send me your address Paul and I will send you a replacement 8D8, can't have a defective droid in the ranks!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:52 pm

sweet collection.i'm totally eyeballin your boxed x-wing.that thing is sweet.love to have one like that in my collection.good stuff Paul.Dan cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:54 pm

holy cow.paul.joe want's to send you a 8d8 .score.that's pretty kik ass of ya joe.i like gift's too, lol! lol! lol! .Dan.
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:02 pm

How about you Dan- my vinyl cape jawa is missing an eye too-could you send me one of yours?! I don't have a picture to prove it but you can take my word for it right?!! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:10 pm

man i'm trying just to get the right figure's im paying peolpe big time cash for.and they can't even get them right.have you heard about my ledy saga.i've now been rooked by half of all the dealer's of ledy in mexico and now afa.gee whiz.let me get a fkn enema. poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo whack whack whack whack whack :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion:
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:16 pm

Sorry about all your trouble with the douche-bag dealers Dan!

I'm sure your luck will get better eventually.

Guess I picked a bad time to ask for a free vc jawa huh! JK-Sorry bad joke at a bad time.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:25 pm

na i'm not mad at you bro,no need to be sorry were cool .i was just venting my recent afa frusteration's.i can't wait till monday get's here to call afa.i'll probably get tanisha they never put tom on the phone.i hope they do because i need to resolve this.i have like several other dealer's to deal with that have f'd me. i'm fit to be tied..
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Not to upset the conversation guys but I think you could perhaps discuss it outside of poor Paul's limelight Laughing

Heaven knows Dan has a lot of other threads on the forum about his misfortune ! Sad

Paul keep going mate, hope to see the collection go from strength to strength in 2010!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010   Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artoo_Detour**My Modest Collection So Far**Apr2010

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next