The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where is your collection?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

On display in all its glory!
Where is your collection? I_vote_lcap32%Where is your collection? I_vote_rcap
 32% [ 13 ]
Packed away / in storage meaning items are only pulled out to view every now and then!
Where is your collection? I_vote_lcap20%Where is your collection? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 8 ]
Some items are on display but some are package away / in storage
Where is your collection? I_vote_lcap48%Where is your collection? I_vote_rcap
 48% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 41

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

Where is your collection? Empty
PostSubject: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:06 am

I thought it would be cool to find out what percentage of collections are on display and what percentage arent therefore i set up this poll to try and find out Smile

Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:11 am

Cool idea! I want more surveys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:36 am

I've got a lil room for my figures but just haven't got round to decorating it out... soon ;-)
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:30 am

I am fortunate to have mine on display Very Happy
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:16 am

living room, loft and bedroom, sadly non of it on display Where is your collection? Confused

Ed on swfuk is making some display cases which dont take up much space and can be mounted on the wall, im def tempted by one of these

Andy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:30 am

With the majority on this one so far, I have my favourites on display and the rest stored away, no room for everything, those with dedicated SW rooms are very lucky!
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:26 am

Well i don't have a sw room so have choice peices on display the rest boxed.

Starting down the moc route again is going to be interesting, last time i lived at home and had lots of shelves put up.
I want to do the same here but the Mrs doesn't seem keen, will keep working on her.

No sw room for me until one of the lads leaves home...the oldest is 3 lol, will be a while yet lol!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:14 am

Unfortunately, mine is still all packed away.

I've got to get the painting done!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 4:36 pm

All my MOC's and loose figures along with a few other items are on display, but the majority of the odd ball stuff is packed up as well as all my other vintage toy line stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 4:54 pm

The majority of my items are on display, but I do have a few things stored like my large ships (Falcon, AT-AT, Shuttle)
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Most of my items are packed away in boxes. Only a small amount of my collection is on display. Hopefully that will all change at the end of next year. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:34 pm

SW stuff on display in office.
:bump:
Dan.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:44 pm

i just display the Kenner run,
Where is your collection? Colecc10
Most of my collection is stored .....
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:15 pm

Loose figures and vehicles are stored in boxes. Only the few MIB boxes I have are displayed at the attic. Have to invest in glass cabinets. Anyone has a good idea which cabinets are good for display?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Loose figures and vehicles are stored in boxes. Only the few MIB boxes I have are displayed at the attic. Have to invest in glass cabinets. Anyone has a good idea which cabinets are good for display?

When I get mine set up, I'm going Ikea all the way. They are the best.
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

kewlox baby! it's the only way Smile
www.kewlox.be
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:09 pm

Hyver wrote:
Dr Dengar wrote:

kewlox baby! it's the only way Smile
www.kewlox.be

Ok thx Wouter, I checked they are also in the Netherlands. The system looks great. You have one of those at home?

Chris J: Thx for the IKEA tip. They must be much much cheaper. Which type you have?

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:11 pm

I don't have any ATM due to space, but I got my eye on several for what I need when I do get the space. Heres a link to their home page.

http://www.ikea.com/

They have some real nice ones and a good thing for me is there's one in Atlanta I can go and pick up mine when I do invest in them. I'll need a huge U-Haul to bring them all back in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:59 pm

A pity they have these only in width 43 cm.

Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

I agree, but you can combine two to make them wider. You just leave the glass off on one of them on the right side and another on the left side. I have four of them and made two bigger displays that way. The only annoyance with it is you get a bar running down the center and small gap for dust to get in.

Where is your collection? Displa10
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:11 pm

shawn_k wrote:
Dr Dengar wrote:

I agree, but you can combine two to make them wider. You just leave the glass off on one of them on the right side and another on the left side. I have four of them and made two bigger displays that way. The only annoyance with it is you get a bar running down the center and small gap for dust to get in.

Where is your collection? Displa10

Brilliant idea Shawn, that display looks pretty good!!!!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Brilliant idea Shawn, that display looks pretty good!!!!

Thanks, but I certainly can't take the credit. I got the idea from this old thread thanks to Skye. They certainly do the job for some affordable display cases though.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:35 pm

Thx for the link Shawn!

Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:41 pm

I really like your display cases, Shawn! All of mine, at home, is in storage... however, I do have a bunch of stuff on display at our local toy & train museum where we have our annual Star Wars convention. I try to change that display about once a year. Once I get my basement finished this fall I plan to buy some glass cabinets (like Shawns) for my bootlegs. Eventually I'll also have a permanent (on loan) vintage display at the museum.... at least it will free a lot of room in my house Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:25 pm

rebojazz wrote:
I really like your display cases, Shawn! All of mine, at home, is in storage... however, I do have a bunch of stuff on display at our local toy & train museum where we have our annual Star Wars convention. I try to change that display about once a year. Once I get my basement finished this fall I plan to buy some glass cabinets (like Shawns) for my bootlegs. Eventually I'll also have a permanent (on loan) vintage display at the museum.... at least it will free a lot of room in my house Very Happy .

Wow that is pretty cool, you have your own museum for display!!!

You have some pics to show us, Max (edit:) Steven? :Drool:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is your collection?   Where is your collection? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next