The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

my very modest lime light updated july 11th

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

my very modest lime light updated july 11th Empty
PostSubject: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:18 am

my very modest lime light updated july 11th All10

my collection so far,
got some new figures coming next week,
ones on the right require weapons etc, one to the left are all complete

il try and post another pic when they arrive, there all without weapons but they where cheap (except postage), so i will be looking for capes, guns etc after they arrive my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_rolleyes , will be couple of weeks before i do that but if anyone looks here and has them a deal may be done my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_smile

Andy

Last edited by geordie on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:35 am

Good start Andy, keep it up, you really can get some nice mint figures at bargain prices the harder you look!

Look forward to the next update Smile
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am

Looks good Andy. Make sure and save that picture. It's always fun to see how a collection progresses.

Also, I see Luke Jedi is so cool that you had to have two of them. Good on you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:56 am

Andy

Great start there bud. Glad you managed to get the pics up despite my help! lol-thank goodness Joe saw your post, his directions were much easier.

Brad
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:58 am

Don't be silly Brad - your instructions were fine! Just thought I would mention the site has its own gallery section Smile
saves you registering another username + pass on yet another site just to post pictures!

Sorry if I stole your thunder a bit, your guide was fine really!
Back to top Go down
BatintheBelfry
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BatintheBelfry

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:03 am

Great start so far, Andy.

Can definitely recommend buying complete figures if possible; saves a lot of grief later on Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27599624@N00/
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:04 am

Joe_O wrote:
Don't be silly Brad - your instructions were fine! Just thought I would mention the site has its own gallery section Smile
saves you registering another username + pass on yet another site just to post pictures!

Sorry if I stole your thunder a bit, your guide was fine really!

lol! You're fine Joe. Thunder completely intact. Smile
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:21 am

Great start there Andy!

Quality over quantity! They all look quite minty to me! Smile

Like others, I can't wait to see what the next limelight has instore!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:24 am

Andy - Shawn said but it bears repeating. Save this photo! It'll be great to see a starting point and yours in a nice one!

Going forward, Alex is right about weapons. 99% of the time, unless the figs are minty and under $5, it's a better deal to buy them together for the most part.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:58 pm

good start bro.before you know it you'll be collecting variant's and be addicted like the rest of us.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Some really good condition figures there Andy! ... And 2 Luke Jedi figures to boot!!!! Well done mate!

Be careful when getting weapons for those guys mate - there are many fakes/repros around so check the descriptions and pics before buying to ensure they are the real deal! Jay's reference guide is a good start! Of course, there is nothing wrong with you buying a repro if you want to keep cost down - as long as you know they repro. It when you pay a lot of money for weapons that you believe to be genuine and later find out they are fake that I get pissed off.

As with the rest of the lads, definitely get that photo saved somewhere! It would be great for you see how far you come in a few years time and look back at this picture with great sentiment!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:59 am

Thats a great start Andy and one day you'll look back at that picture with fond memories Smile

One thing ill say as just a bit of friendly advice Smile If possible try and pick up figures with there weapons, capes etc when you can.

It usually only works out a couple of pounds more but its so worth it in the long run as you can spend more than the price of a complete figure on the weapons alone if you have to source them later.

Cheers Jay

Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:10 am

cheers for the replies lads,

yeah i agree with what nearly all of you have said regarding buying complete figures as ive seen the price of the parts seperatlely my very modest lime light updated july 11th Confused

got vader complete yesterday and ive got a fair few coming next week, got maybe ten w/o weapons because they where cheap, won a couple more w/o but there really mint (imho)plus a small head han solo my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_smile ,
also a nice vintage sw poster which ive seen on here some where but now cant find it my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_cyclops

il put another pic up hopefully next weekend ish when there all here and unpacked

thinking of maybe selling my couple of ships and just getting figures instead? got a boxed falcon, boxed ewok catapult, boxed cap 2 , couple loose cap2's as well.. if any one here maybe interested??

ive seen some great diaplays on here in the lime light section esp in the glass display cabinets,

Andy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:36 am

geordie wrote:
cheers for the replies lads,

yeah i agree with what nearly all of you have said regarding buying complete figures as ive seen the price of the parts seperatlely my very modest lime light updated july 11th Confused

got vader complete yesterday and ive got a fair few coming next week, got maybe ten w/o weapons because they where cheap, won a couple more w/o but there really mint (imho)plus a small head han solo my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_smile ,
also a nice vintage sw poster which ive seen on here some where but now cant find it my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_cyclops

il put another pic up hopefully next weekend ish when there all here and unpacked

thinking of maybe selling my couple of ships and just getting figures instead? got a boxed falcon, boxed ewok catapult, boxed cap 2 , couple loose cap2's as well.. if any one here maybe interested??

ive seen some great diaplays on here in the lime light section esp in the glass display cabinets,

Andy

Are you referring to the 1984 poster vintage starwars forever that shows 79 figures?

See here - http://theswca.com/images-speci/mailaways/poster.html

Also it may be worth making a list of weapons you need and setting up a WTB (want to buy) thread in the classifieds as im sure some of the lads will be able to help out buddy Smile

Jay

Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:47 am

Andy - Here is a list of what you need (had some time while squat and surfing)

This is what I see (less 1 cloak you have incoming from me)

Emperors Royal Guard Force Pike
Rancor Keeper Headdress
4-LOM Blaster
Luke Jedi Palace Blaster x 2
Luke Jedi Lightsaber x 2 (1 blue 1 green preferred)
Luke Jedi Cloak
Chewbacca Bowcaster
Ree Yees Gun
Ugnaught Smock and Briefacse
Bespin Blaster
Smuggler Blaster
Luke Bespin Lightsaber
Logray Headdress and Staff
Nikto Staff
Klaatu Staff
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:28 am

Hi Andy that's a brilliant start mate Cool I began collecting vintage again last year and intend to post my modest collection hopefully this weekend - I think looking back at the end of the year will be fun to see how we started! My advice to you would be to have a good think before selling your vehicles as you may one day end up having to buy them again (I speak from bitter experience lol Smile ). I would also say be patient and look for complete figures. I waited over 2 months to get my IG-88 with both original weapons - but they do crop up! Also don't be afraid to ask Ebay sellers outright if they know if the accs are original or repro. or even how they acquired them! A genuine seller will be only to happy to answer all questions. I'm looking forward to seeing your collection grow m8! Congrats and all the best from Paul Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:34 am

Good start. I'm gonna enjoy this collection growing from the very beginning. Smile
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: updated 11th april   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:53 am

[img:a842]http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/my very modest lime light updated july 11th 11thap10[/img]

just updating my collection as ive got a few new figures and wanted to show them off,
the ones on the left are all complete and ones behind and to the right of r2d2 are in need of weapons etc *hint my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_lol * (full list in my wtb add )

ive got more coming over the next week or so, then apart from weapons ( i hope) that will be it for few weeks as ive got holidays coming up

Andymy very modest lime light updated july 11th 11thap10][/url]
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:02 am

Cheers Paul,

yeah ive realised about the repro weapons and already ive had a couple of "duds" , i looked at the weapons test on here by dropping them and you can tell, well i found a couple i think anyway so will def be looking for couplete ojnes now

>John cheers for updating post before with my list of wants my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_surprised
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Great start to the collection Andy,keep it up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:25 am

here is a group shot of all my loose complete figures, apart from the 2 rebel commandos (both china) , the other figures are all variations, my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_biggrin

[img:3e06]http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/my very modest lime light updated july 11th All_co10[/img]

my first graded figure arrived couple weeks ago, closery gaurded by a jawa my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_cyclops

[img:3e06]http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/my very modest lime light updated july 11th First_10[/img]

my carded collection so far , im still after a trade for the 2 uzay ones my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_lol

[img:3e06]http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/my very modest lime light updated july 11th Carded11[/img]

here are my ships and couple other bits, one of the vader money boxes is after a new home if anyone is interested my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_razz

[img:3e06]http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/my very modest lime light updated july 11th Collec10[/img]

finally the vintage poster i was after and finally arrived

[img:3e06]http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/my very modest lime light updated july 11th Star_w11[/img]

its quite difficult to display my collection as i only have a small 2 bedroomed house and the spare room is now my sons room and there is no space , im currently stewing over boarding out the rest of the loft so it can all go up there

ANdymy very modest lime light updated july 11th All_co10][/url]
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:50 am

Hi Andy that's brilliant to see your collection growing m8. Some nice new figures (like you I'm completing a loose run). And you have a good little collection of R2s going on as well - he's so cool Smile Congrats on the poster! And I'm glad you kept your boxed Falcon it looks good with the other boxed items (cool Jabba!). Cool Cool Cool

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:56 am

Andy

Thanks for the update! You've gotten some great pick ups and I like the diversity (some loose, some carded, some playests, an AFA). It all compliments off each other. It's going to be awesome when you scroll through later down and road and see how far you get.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:17 am

Wicked collection Andy mate!

Love it all! The figures look mint!... are you slowly holding out until mints one appear?

I have a Palitoy Falcon too but the box is no way as decent as yours and that boxed interceptor totally rocks! Love the neat box for the Jabba too mate! I will need to get that version for my focus.

I know what you mean about storing all the stuff away! it be would be cool if you had a den for the stuff to be on display up in the loft!
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:46 am

cheers lads,

im just picking them up as they come along really, couple of han solos at the back have canny bit paint wear but most of the rest are good, even picked up a no coo gam guard today for a quid at the boot sale and he is mint my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_king

ive got maybe 30 more figures but they all need weapons etc so didnt bother putting them up

the interceptor is misb my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_biggrin

jabba is in good nick as well with all the inserts but the falcon has no inserts

there has been some reaaly good pieces come up recently and ive been lucky to get some of the ones ive wanted, got couple more coming from over the water this week hopefully

my loft is pretty small height wise but may well do as a den my very modest lime light updated july 11th Icon_wink otherwise its moving house my very modest lime light updated july 11th 453453 , il have proper think after my hols

cheers again
Andy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my very modest lime light updated july 11th   my very modest lime light updated july 11th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my very modest lime light updated july 11th

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next