The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SugarShock72
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing? Empty
PostSubject: Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing?   Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 4:51 am

I know that there are a lot of missing records for many manufacturers of the figures. Are there any companies that have good records especially the American made Kenner’s? I would expect them, as the Mother Company, who sold the others the rights to make official figures under their name. I am disabled and have unlimited time and I naturally am an obsessive homework correctness kind of man so I can’t 100% agree that these forums like tig, have to be taken for what they are which is simply opinions written by anyone who wants to post. Don’t get me wrong, they are wonderful places to get most of the information I look for but I never will say that they are perfect and have every piece of info about every subject. I am forced to keep my mind open to the possibilities of there being rare nuggets of wisdom that are still only known by some very special people. For instance, the companies records may say one thing but the people on the lines making the figures know the little oddities that will always occur on the lines. No matter how hard anyone tried, there will always be unforeseen issues that arise constantly. There is a reason why Lily Ledy is notorious for having so many variants and screw ups. The quality control for each manufacturer can never be identical even to itself because it is controlled by humans and there is a reason that the old saying “I’m only human” exists. It simply means no human is perfect and no one ever will be. I’m sorry this was so long but I want to know where to find those little nuggets of information that isn’t officially on the records and yet are still out there waiting to be found. I love using tig as an excellent starting point but struggle to use it as the end of the knowledge. The members are the true owners of the wealth of knowledge we all need when doing research.
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing?   Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 11:37 pm

Hi, no vintage star wars figures were made in the USA, 95% of all vintage starwars were all made in asian factories. Hong Kong, Macau, China. Kenner did not make official records of the COO as they were changed and where they were made. Its taken many years of collector knowledge and many indiviuals putting information together by comparing multiple examples, both carded MOC and loose to create the guides that exist today. I believe they have the guides fairlly accurate when it comes to COO. Its even going further now where some individuals with a very good eye for detail can pin down a certain coo to a certain factory, this goes for accesories also. Its very impressive work what they are doing now with factory matching figures to accesories. If you want to get the COO figures that would have been the first run of the molds, then you need the unaltered COO. Those would be the closest to the USA kenner COO you refer to.
Back to top Go down
SugarShock72
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: I apologize. I misworded   Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2020 3:21 am

The way I worded that was terrible because what I was meaning to say was the ones that were to be going to the USA market. The U.S. market would never stand for the sloppy work that some manufacturers are even known for. Lili Ledy actually changed their manufacturing standards when they were going to be sending figures to the U.S. because they knew they had to increase the quality of their products. That was totally my fault and im sorry for my terrible lack of clarification. I’m sure you all were already aware that there were various qualities made depending on where they were going to be sold. Please forgive my wording.
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing?   Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2020 5:09 am

It depends in what asian factory the figures were made. Some factories were slopy from ESB onwards as demand grew and more production was the only care, while others kept a bit more consistant quality. It has nothing to do with US market or any other country. Lili Ledy figures are actually very consistant and good quality made. When a factory is producing tens of thousands of figures in one production run, alot can slip through.
Back to top Go down
dslinkard
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing?   Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 9:20 pm

https://www.starwarsfigurevariations.com/product/vintage-kenner-star-wars-action-figure-variations-of-north-america/
Back to top Go down
SugarShock72
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: I’ll reply ASAP but I’m disabled   Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing? I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 10:25 pm

My illness makes everything kind of a lucky hit or miss because I never know how bad I’ll be feeling every single day but hopefully I’ll have my pics to you soon. Thanks. David
Back to top Go down
SugarShock72
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: I am sorry that I misquoted   Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 10:33 am

Please try to bear with me when communicating. I had a side effect to one of my pain meds that didn’t start until I had been taking it for a while and it caused minor brain damage in the area that controls communication so I screw things up and are not even able to tell that I messed something up. When I was discussing the American figures I was trying to refer to the figures that were specifically made for selling to the American public. Hopefully, that helped explain why I can be hard to communicate with at times. I can even speak or write unintelligibly to you but in my mind I hear or read it as if it were perfectly communicated. This is why I’m sure you all have noticed that I write long paragraphs. It is out of my fear of having misspoken. I rewrote this little paragraph 6-7 times because of the errors that I kept finding. We will continue our conversation at a later time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing?   Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where can I find pics of all American made Kenner figures to use for comparing?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1