The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... Empty
PostSubject: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Id like to do a little poll here and find out the 3 worst figures in your opinion that ever came out in the starwars vintage line, or just the 1 if you like.

i love most of them as they all hold there own charm for me, and they all have there place in the collection BUT there might be a few exceptions and i would love to hear your thoughts and opinions, you all must have 1 or 2 your not to fond of for whatever reason, whether you dont like the sculpt, you dont think the figure fits into the line, you think they could have done better with the figure etc, i'll start

1. 2-1B, man this dude sucks, he has to have the worst head sculpt ever, No i have no love for him at all, and dont think he fits into the line at all

2. Cheif Chipra, i like a few of the ewoks but this is a boring figure imo, just doesnt do it for me.

3. General Madine, once again just doesnt do it for me for some reason,
and one more for the heck of it,
4. Luke skywalker Jedi, i just think they could have done this guy a bit better, i thin he is the worst of the luke sculpts by far..
5. FX-7, so crap i forgot to put it in, there is nothing to like about this one, a waste of space in the line imo

Looking forward to your votes, cheers guys n thanks for reading

Last edited by ozzie Greedo on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:14 pm

Whaaaaaat? Luke Jedi is by far the best Luke sculpt!! Evil or Very Mad

My worst ones are(in no particular order, and I can't keep it to just 3):

1: Luke X-wing

2: Imperial Dignitary

3: Luke Poncho

4: Leia Hoth

5: Hammerhead

6: Hoth Trooper

7: Power Droid

8: DSC

9: Snaggletooth

10: Walrusman

11: BSG

12: FX-7

13: Rebel Commando

14: Luke Hoth(hate the leaning pose)

15: B-wing pilot/A-wing pilot

16: AT-ST driver

Sorry, went a bit overboard on this... lol!
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:23 pm

tundra9 wrote:
Whaaaaaat? Luke Jedi is by far the best Luke sculpt!! Evil or Very Mad

My worst ones are(in no particular order, and I can't keep it to just 3):

1: Luke X-wing

2: Imperial Dignitary

3: Luke Poncho

4: Leia Hoth

5: Hammerhead

6: Hoth Trooper

7: Power Droid

8: DSC

9: Snaggletooth

10: Walrusman

11: BSG

12: FX-7

13: Rebel Commando

14: Luke Hoth(hate the leaning pose)

15: B-wing pilot/A-wing pilot

16: AT-ST driver

Sorry, went a bit overboard on this... lol!

Tundra, not at all mate, love your work, yes i forgot to put FX-7 down in mine he is that forgetable lol

BUT mate you cant have the mighty hammerhead at 5, he is one of the greatest of all time, Angry SW whats doing Tundra ?? but i asked for ir didnt i, lol, so i'll have to take it, cheers mate
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:25 pm

ozzie Greedo wrote:
Tundra, not at all mate, love your work, yes i forgot to put FX-7 down in mine he is that forgetable lol

BUT mate you cant have the mighty hammerhead at 5, he is one of the greatest of all time, Angry SW whats doing Tundra ?? but i asked for ir didnt i, lol, so i'll have to take it, cheers mate

They are in no particular order though, and Hammerhead looks like he's taken right out of something like Logan's Run or Buck Rogers, the same with Snaggletooth and Walrusman! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sandcrawler72
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Sandcrawler72

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Holy crap Tundra, maybe we should reverse the poll for you and see what you do like Razz

My picks would be:

1) Lobot
2) General Madine
3) Rancor Keeper

Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:46 pm

ozzie Greedo wrote:

4. Luke skywalker Jedi, i just think they could have done this guy a bit better, i thin he is the worst of the luke sculpts by far..

Those are some serious fighting words right there. lol! Actually, too bad everyone else doesn't think that way so I'd have less competition. Smile

These days I find it actually difficult to pick a worst figure as I feel they all have their own little charm about them. Even the likes of Madine, Rancor Keeper, Imperial Dignitary or the fur balls. I like them all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:52 pm

shawn_k wrote:
ozzie Greedo wrote:

Those are some serious fighting words right there. lol! Actually, too bad everyone else doesn't think that way so I'd have less competition. Smile

These days I find it actually difficult to pick a worst figure as I feel they all have their own little charm about them. Even the likes of Madine, Rancor Keeper, Imperial Dignitary or the fur balls. I like them all.

lol! Shawno Angry SW sorry mate, but he is not on my christmas card list, but you will be happy to know he is miles above 2-1B, AND FX-7, his not that bad, he does have a few interesting head sculpts though, lol, cheers brother
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:54 pm

If you think seriously some of the figures are actually lame (besides the Anakain spirit).......

.......you have actually choosen the wrong hobby and/or lost your whole kids imagination!!!!

Im sad for you!
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:58 pm

wbobafett wrote:
If you think seriously some of the figures are actually lame (besides the Anakain spirit).......

.......you have actually choosen the wrong hobby and/or lost your whole kids imagination!!!!

Im sad for you!

Oooohh dead set boba, dont be sad for me, i didnt like those guys as a kid either, are you taking the piss with your last line there, let me know if you are not then i will address you, but as it stands i'll take it as though you are takin the piss.....

Last edited by ozzie Greedo on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:59 pm

wbobafett wrote:

Im sad for you!

As an "adult" and an "artist", the ones on my list are poorly designed, but as a kid I didn't care, they were part of the toyline, and as such, either got the most playwear or the least. Razz
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:00 pm

I really think as the line progressed the sculpts and details got better! The Jedi line is much better than the ESB and the SW line. And the POTF is better than the Jedi line. There are some beautiful figures throughout the entire line, if you just look at them a bit. Look at Leia Hoth for instance. The detailing on the figure is amazing! And really Hammerhead is quite well done if you take a few minutes and look at him.

I'm like Shawn, I don't think I would pick a "worst" looking figure. They are all nice IMO. And I think the Ewoks are some of the best. Especially when you compare them to their modern version. I still think the vintage Logray and Wicket are the best representations of the characters to date!

I mean look at this!

http://www.rebelscum.com/TVC27Wicket.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/TVC55Logray.asp

Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:02 pm

I agree with the ewoks Chris, the modern ones look like they have pants on with all the articulation points... lol!
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:10 pm

RebelChris wrote:
I really think as the line progressed the sculpts and details got better! The Jedi line is much better than the ESB and the SW line. And the POTF is better than the Jedi line. There are some beautiful figures throughout the entire line, if you just look at them a bit. Look at Leia Hoth for instance. The detailing on the figure is amazing! And really Hammerhead is quite well done if you take a few minutes and look at him.

I'm like Shawn, I don't think I would pick a "worst" looking figure. They are all nice IMO. And I think the Ewoks are some of the best. Especially when you compare them to their modern version. I still think the vintage Logray and Wicket are the best representations of the characters to date!

I mean look at this!

http://www.rebelscum.com/TVC27Wicket.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/TVC55Logray.asp

Chris i totally agree with you here, but dont look into the word ''worst'' to deep, if you have a hand full of uncut diamonds and you said to an expert to pick the worst, it doesnt mean the ones he picks a real bad, it means there are ones he likes more for what ever reason, there is a bit of magic n charm in just about every figure , cheers

Mate there is a reason i love n collect vintage kenner figures, its because they have magic, wonder n warmth about them, cheers
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:39 pm

ozzie Greedo wrote:
wbobafett wrote:

Im sad for you!

Oooohh dead set boba, dont be sad for me, i didnt like those guys as a kid either, are you taking the piss with your last line there, let me know if you are not then i will address you, but as it stands i'll take it as though you are takin the piss.....

Not sure if I get you right...but I love them all....since a kid and will always do!

Im just tired of threads like:
- name your lamest figure
- what would you have wished Kenner to produce as a kid?
- did they stopped producing to soon?
- what you have wished character X look like as kid...now
- why has Kenner never made a newer version of x??
(threads that turn up every 2 month since decades........boring!!!!)

whatever.....it is like it is! They are there! Hate them or love them. Collect them or leave the hobby!

I love them!!
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Personally like others have said I like them all. But I guess if I had to pick my least favorites of the ones I like it would have to be Both Bespin Guards and Nikto.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Hmmmmmm.

1. Ewoks (Yes lump them all in the same spot)

2. Madine

3. A wing or B wing pilot.

And ozzie Greedo, pay no attention to Wolff. He tends to take himself, this hobby and his opinions on both waaaaaay to seriously.

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:47 pm

kisstour03 wrote:

And ozzie Greedo, pay no attention to Wolff. He tends to take himself, this hobby and his opinions on both waaaaaay to seriously.

.....like you on your signatures Wink
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:03 pm

wbobafett wrote:
ozzie Greedo wrote:
wbobafett wrote:

Im sad for you!

Not sure if I get you right...but I love them all....since a kid and will always do!

Im just tired of threads like:
- name your lamest figure
- what would you have wished Kenner to produce as a kid?
- did they stopped producing to soon?
- what you have wished character X look like as kid...now
- why has Kenner never made a newer version of x??
(threads that turn up every 2 month since decades........boring!!!!)

whatever.....it is like it is! They are there! Hate them or love them. Collect them or leave the hobby!

I love them!!

Hey champion, now its time to address your massive self opinion of your self, and your arrogant put downs of a newer member.

These are your words '' if you think seriously some of the figures are lame (besides anakian spirit), you have actually chosen the wrong hobby and or lost your whole kids imagination'' ''i am sad for you''

hey champ, i collect because i have the spirit of a child, and i see a magical charm n warmth in the vintage starwars stuff, for you to be so full of yourself and so arrogant to say to another collector this sort of self important dribble, mate you need to take a good look in you mirror, im sure it gets a good work out from you, and give yourself an uppercut you grub,
It was infact so outrageous i thought you were takin the piss with me thats why i let it go, but you came back to confirm just how full of your self you are.

Now to adress you about your second weak dig,

Before posting this thread I looked back through the post to see if i could find one like this n i couldnt, if there is one im so sorry for wasting your time having to read it mate, have a look at your last line there after you tried to belittle me,
Your words here again on my thread ''Whatever,....... its like this, they are there, hate em or love them, COLLECT THEM OR LEAVE THE HOBBY''

mate pull your head out of your arse, what a high n mighty legend in you little lunchbox you are, who the f**K do you think you are, the vintage starwars deity, mate you should be ashamed of yourself.....

I have been nothing but warm n thankful since ive started in this place and every body i have spoken to has been the same on here, im not going to let a self important toll like yourself change my opinions i have on here of others, but just be aware, every body is on different levels of their collecting, you might be at the self promoted god level, but not every body else is, you telling me to leave the hobby, or i have lost my imagination because i have a different view than you is pathetic, i dont like to have to say these things on such a pleasant n supportive forum, but mate you let yourself down, and you let all collectors down with your self important arrogant dribble, cheers mate, and remember to have a good look in that mirror if the reflection isnt already warn our, and give your self a healthy uppercut..........

Last edited by ozzie Greedo on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Not sure what to answer on that rant...but maybe YOU should have a look in the mirror after reading your own post again Rolling Eyes

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Wait...what have you said again??

Last edited by wbobafett on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:15 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
Hmmmmmm.

1. Ewoks (Yes lump them all in the same spot)

2. Madine

3. A wing or B wing pilot.

cheers mate, blokes like that are easy fodder, they hang them selves with their own words, ill let him do all the work for me, we love a good sledge here in Aus, and wolf will play right into my hand without even knowing he has, any bloke that comes out with that sort of arrogant, self important dribble has already played all his cards, and shown just what his level of intelligence has, he might know a bit about plastic figures, but he has made it very clear he knows alot less than he thinks about showing others a fine insight into the type of bloke he is..... sledging with this bloke will be like takin lollies from a baby, cheers
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:20 pm

wbobafett wrote:
Not sure what to answer on that rant...but maybe YOU should have a look in the mirror after reading your own post again Rolling Eyes

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Wait...what have you said again??

you can read it fine champ, now you got anything to say, ? no, i thought not, cheers

next time be a tool to somebody that wont carve you up,....... it will suit you better.....
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:26 pm

OK guys,

Time out now.

Take a deep breath now, and just let it go.

I don't want this topic to derail, and neither do you.

It is weekend, time to relax and have fun after a hard week of work.

The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... Tumblr_lwhlh6L2T31r8z849o1_500
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:31 pm

ozzie Greedo wrote:

cheers mate, blokes like that are easy fodder, they hang them selves with their own words, ill let him do all the work for me, we love a good sledge here in Aus, and wolf will play right into my hand without even knowing he has, any bloke that comes out with that sort of arrogant, self important dribble has already played all his cards, and shown just what his level of intelligence has, he might know a bit about plastic figures, but he has made it very clear he knows alot less than he thinks about showing others a fine insight into the type of bloke he is..... sledging with this bloke will be like takin lollies from a baby, cheers

Do I get you right??? You wanna fight??? Why should I?? You're a fucking nobody dude!!! I could sit here laughing all night long!!
If you take it serious I'll do the Joe_Y-style: Come over here...I'll wait for ya chap Wink The internet is so easy when you are a fucking nobody from australia!!

I dont have the nerves anymore for that noob style! Every freaking week! The same old story....its sooooooooo boring!

Whats next.....you have namecalled me...you said Im arrogant, not intelligent.....tell me whats next?? My wife?? My collection?? Thats the way you should introduce yourself here....yeah...Im pretty sure thats the right way!! Razz

Go on....the onyl thing you are showing here is WHO is the real lame one here!! :clap: :clap:

edit: sorry Marco...saw your post to late! Ill let it go....the kid....cute little kid!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:41 pm

wbobafett wrote:
ozzie Greedo wrote:

Do I get you right??? You wanna fight??? Why should I?? You're a fucking nobody dude!!! I could sit here laughing all night long!!
If you take it serious I'll do the Joe_Y-style: Come over here...I'll wait for ya chap Wink The internet is so easy when you are a fucking nobody from australia!!

I dont have the nerves anymore for that noob style! Every freaking week! The same old story....its sooooooooo boring!

Whats next.....you have namecalled me...you said Im arrogant, not intelligent.....tell me whats next?? My wife?? My collection?? Thats the way you should introduce yourself here....yeah...Im pretty sure thats the right way!! Razz

Go on....the onyl thing you are showing here is WHO is the real lame one here!! :clap: :clap:

edit: sorry Marco...saw your post to late! Ill let it go....the kid....cute little kid!! Laughing

Mate, you let yourself down, for the sake of the mod that just asked for us to go easy i will, but to now start talking of fighting, bringing your wife n collection into it, f**k me, pathetic, you have just shown what your made of, cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:49 pm

OK guys, that's it.

I would strongly advice you to ignore each other for the rest of the weekend.

or (less favored option) take it to PM from now on.

It's up to you, but at least you stop your little argument here.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....   The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The WORST figure Kenner ever made, Vote your least loved 3 here....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next