The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? Empty
PostSubject: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:19 pm

hi all,

this is a little "what it" scenario question. Just because i am curious. If kenner had continued a little longer making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?

Ok we got the new vintage line to answer that but forget about this line... think 1980's, think that the power of the force line worked, what other figures would you think had made it.

cheers

Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? Empty
PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:33 pm

I honestly would have loved it if they would have finished the POTF line with all 93 figures on card with coin. That would have been an awesome sight to behold.

As far as going after POTF, I actually really like some of their ideas that they have in this presentation binder. I'm curious that had they been given the go ahead with LFL, if they would have had a media element to go with it (Cartoon, Comic, etc)

There is of course the typical want list that didn't get made

Tarkin, Han Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:45 pm

they could have went with themes on vintage looking cards.

Likes droids, aliens, empire, rebels, etc etc etc.... there is a lot of stuff in the movie that did not get made at that time but got somewhat done down the road. But it got so extreme with all the packaging and repackaging.

Personally i like the original trilogy packaging and the new vintage line cardbacks. Everything else does not tickle my fancy to be honest...
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:21 am

When I bought my Luke Stormtrooper in '85 I spent a long time looking out for a Han Stormtrooper (Tri-logo cards didn't show the full range of figures). It wasn't until a year or so later that I discovered it never existed. doh . So that would have been high on my list, as would a Vader with removable helmet & a Bith musician. The creatures line definately needed a Bantha.

Last edited by cantina_patron on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:23 am

I remember always wanting a Sandtrooper (I made a 'custom' figure by colouring in his shoulders with a black marker - I still have him too) and a Garindan (although I always though of him as "that long nosed guy" since he didn't have a name at the time)
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:23 am

I wanted more characters for Jabba's palace, Han Solo Stormtrooper, Sand Stormtrooper, Grand Moff Tarkin, Admiral Ozzel, Admiral Piett and many other Imperial Officers.

Some Rebel Officers as Dodonna and Rieekan.

Dr. Evazan and Biggs.

Why did they make walrus man when they did not make Dr. Evazan ?

Why did they make Sand People and not a Bantha ?

I also wanted more Ewok variants as a kid.

They also maid the ewok and droids series. But what I really missed was a line to the 2 other ewok movies.

There was so many cool Ewoks in those movies and I really love the movie The Battle for Endor with King Terak and his Palace with warriors and the funny fast little guy
Teek with the old man Noa. I also think they could have maid some of those figures.

Last I would say I loved to read the Marvel Comics and I also missed some of the caracters from those comics as action figures.

Today Hasbro has maid some of those figures I always wanted but they still need to make some more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:58 am

pomse2001 wrote:

Laughing me to Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:42 am

Interesting question. When was a kid, I would have loved a Sarlac diorama. Now, honestly said, I think I would go for a Leia in "slave dress" :Drool:
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:47 am

aussiejames wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

Freaks! lol!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:04 pm

General Madine with removable beard. Very Happy

If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? General-Madine-beard

Ok, seriously, I missed the Y-Wing fighter pilot when I was young, still do actually.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Han Stormtrooper definately, spent years waiting for him! Sad as it sounds I would have loved the full run of Imperial Dignitaries. I loved the original for some bizarre reason, in the Modern line they realesed 2 more, but the other two are still elusive!

They are shit but they make for a good old motley bunch!
If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? 210
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:40 pm

DarthStanley wrote:
aussiejames wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

Freaks! lol!

We just love ewoks Laughing
Back to top Go down
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Zubaz the Garindan AKA Long Snoot
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:20 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
DarthStanley wrote:
aussiejames wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

Freaks! lol!

They should have released a playset complete with a pot and fire pit and a mail away for an Ewok stew recipe. What a Face
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:25 pm

A Tantive IV Rebel Trooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:10 am

shawn_k wrote:
As far as going after POTF, I actually really like some of their ideas that they have in this presentation binder.

There's some pretty cool stuff in there, thanks for the link.

This is a great looking vehicle, I don't remember seeing a pic of it before, it would have fit perfectly on Hoth:

If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? 85LineExt29SRV1Photo

I've always loved the concept of the Imperial Outpost, it would have been the highlight of my childhood! The AT-AT was my favourite toy, so having a playset to go with it would have been amazing:

If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? Concept-outpost
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:10 am

I always wanted figures that looked like the creatures from the game Chewie and R2 play on the Falcon. Whatever it's called.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:09 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
I always wanted figures that looked like the creatures from the game Chewie and R2 play on the Falcon. Whatever it's called.

That would have been pretty cool! (The game is called Djarik).
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:14 am

kisstour03 wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:
DarthStanley wrote:
aussiejames wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

Freaks! lol!

They should have released a playset complete with a pot and fire pit and a mail away for an Ewok stew recipe. What a Face

lol!

wow Jesse that vehicle looks so cool Shocked
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:29 pm

kisstour03 wrote:

Hell yeah that would rock
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:49 pm

Jedi Blueberry wrote:
Interesting question. When was a kid, I would have loved a Sarlac diorama. Now, honestly said, I think I would go for a Leia in "slave dress" :Drool:

A sarlacc playset would've been awesome!!! Back when the sarlacc at least looked good. Thankfully we have the "escape the sarlacc" board game! Smile

When I was a kid I always wanted a sand crawler. I honestly didn't know they existed until I was an adult collector. But in all honesty I think Kenner did a great job with their figure selection. Looking back on it now, I think a Han stormtrooper or a rebel trooper would've been cool. I remember when they did the Han stormtrooper mail away for the modern figures, I honestly thought it was going to be vintage style! Wink
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:07 am

Quote :
When I was a kid I always wanted a sand crawler. I honestly didn't know they existed until I was an adult collector.

Haha, I never knew until I was an adult as well, always wished they made one, I was gutted when I found out they had and I missed out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?   If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If kenner had continued making figures beyond ROTJ, what figures would you have liked to see?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1