The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? Empty
PostSubject: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:46 am

Guys Rebel Chris' Moulded face Rebel Commando sparked a bit of curiosity in my head about the Jedi release figures...

Would it be possible for folks to chime in let us know which Return of the Jedi figures came with a moulded head. When I say moulded head I mean a head moulded in the same colour as the face.

For example: A head moulded in pink/flesh tone plastic and the features and hair/hat painted. Luke Jedi's face to hair ratio meant that it was an obvious target for cost saving measures as it was cheaper to mould the head in brown plastic and then paint the face on. A bit of a bummer really as the moulded face Luke Jedi looks really cool and doesn't suffer from the dreaded nose rubs

It would be great if people who actually have the figures can contribute as they can confirm the COO of the figure. If I can get some help I will enter the results in a table to post. There's not too many ROTJ figures either (compared to the entire line) so hopefully it wont take too much of peoples time.

How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? Top11

Table of ROTJ Figures:

Direct Link to Table: ROTJ Moulded Head Reference Guide

Some Return Of the Jedi figures had both heads with moulded faces as well as a painted faces. Below are comparision photos of the characters that can have a head with a moulded face as well as a painted face. Here's the comparison pictures from contributors:

How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? Rc_com10
Rebel Comando (Thanks to Rebel Chris)
MOULDED FACE (RHS) :PAINTED FACE (LHS)

How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? Compar10
Rebel Comando (Thanks to Uli)

Luke Jedi

How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? Compar11
Luke Jedi (Thanks to Uli)
PAINTED FACE (LHS) : MOULDED FACE (RHS)

How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? Compar12
Klaatu (Thanks to Uli)

How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? Compar13
General Madine (Thanks to Uli)
PAINTED FACE (LHS) : MOULDED FACE (RHS)

How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? Bottom11

Last edited by Craig T on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:51 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:23 am

Here's the entire ROTJ list:

Admiral Ackbar
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise)
Nien Nunb
Bib Fortuna
Biker Scout
Chief Chirpa
Emperor's Royal Guard
Gamorrean Guard
General Madine
Klaatu
Logray (Ewok Medicine Man)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit)
Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise) / Boushh
Rebel Commando
Ree-Yees
Squid Head
Weequay
8D8
Klaatu (In Skiff Guard Outfit) / Klaatu (Skiff Guard Outfit)
Nikto
Droopy McCool
Max Rebo
Sy Snootles
The Emperor
AT-ST Driver
B-Wing Pilot
Han Solo (In Trench Coat)
Princess Leia Organa (In Combat Poncho)
Pruneface
Rancor Keeper
Teebo
Wicket W. Warrick
Lumat
Paploo

more are molded than painted faces ?
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:48 am

Cheers Aussie I make a spreadsheet and load-up it up.

If if you do have some the figures with Moulded heads please contribute... it would be a handy little mini guide
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:04 am

Great thread guys Smile

Its would be cool to have a little guide for ROTJ Moulded Head Figures with comparision pics etc Smile

AJ top work on having the list so fast buddy!

Jay
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:48 am

Ok Lads, I made a quick table in my lunchbreak. Can someone help me to display in the post like Shawn's Coin Price Guide. It will be easier to see rather than clicking the link.

I took Aussies list as he wrote them so no fighting on which figure is at the top of the list.

ROTJ Moulded Head Reference Guide
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:35 am

I can help with anything you need Craig. Just let me know.

As far as the Rebel Commando goes, the molded face is a China COO only. No other molded face's have shown up on any other COO.

Rebel Commando - Made in China - I originally thought this was a foreign to US only release. And I also thought it was for later runs than the 65A, but after receiving my latest Kenner 65A w/Clipper offer, it appears that isn't 100% accurate. Not sure how many exist on Kenner cards.

Here's a comparison pic.
How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? Rc_com10

Usually the dead give away that it's a painted face is the flesh tone is painted on to the sides of the helmet.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Super Chris mate!

What does the COO say on the moulded RC leg mate? "Made in China" or just "China"?

Any loose collectors out there that can help? :SOS: ... I wont have access to my loose figures for a bit.

EDIT:

OK I figured out how Shawn got the spreadsheet to appear in his coin thread so my Table should appear now. Let me know if it doesn't appear though.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Here is what I found for the RC's information. Smile

Left leg - ©️ LFL 83
Right leg - CHINA (all uppercase)

I hope that helps. Is there any more information anyone can add to this?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:56 pm

I thought they were all moulded head? lol! This is starting out to be a great thread guys.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Chris_J wrote:
I thought they were all moulded head? lol! This is starting out to be a great thread guys.

Yeah i agree Smile

Great set up on the first post Craig Smile

Come on variant hounds help out with some pics Smile

Jay
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Craig- not sure if this thread helps out or confuses things - http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-star-wars-chat-f1/list-of-figures-with-molded-heads-t1896.htm

I was specifically asking about figures like the Rebel commando / Luke Jedi that had both painted + molded variants so I could look out for the molded ones as they were cooler.

Too tired to really understand the thread , is it figures that only came molded that you are after? Figures that came in both? Or a mixture of both lol
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:21 am

Joe he means figures that where both availble with molded and painted face.

from the top off my head, i know the ones allready mentioned the RC and Luke Jedi.

And also Madine and Klaatu came in both versions.

as for the coo's i need to check back home as i am at work right now.

*EDIT: i just saw i posted the same info in the thread Joe linked back then, so i'll guess those 4 figures are the only ones that came with the molded/painted head variation.

Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Craig - I took some comparision pictures for you:
How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? Compar10

How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? Compar11

How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? Compar12

How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? Compar13

Uli
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:31 pm

Right! Got it now, basically the same as my old thread, what confused me was AJ's list- realise now he just listed the entire line and not a list of molded heads (Was wondering why the list was less in my thread than in this one lol)

Nice pictures Uli- flowers Laughing
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi Uli that's great... I hope you are dealing with the weather OK? I really appreciate the emails of help - especially with all the servere conditions in Germany and you not being able to get home until late.

RebelChris: thanks for confirming the details on RC's leg buddy!

Sorry Joe no (but thanks for pointing out your thread). I did say in the top post:

"Would it be possible for folks to chime in let us know which Return of the Jedi figures came with a moulded head. When I say moulded head I mean a head moulded in the same colour as the face. "

But I can see how my thread is causing a little bit of confusion though Smile

BACKGROUND:

After being pleasantly surprised with RebelChris' find, I did originally want to make a table of all ROTJ figures that were produced with both a moulded face as well as a painted face. But after Aussie James posted the entire list of ROTJ charcters, I decided to extend this and mark every figure that has a head moulded in the face's colour. Regardless of whether it has a painted face variant or not.

However, if both painted and moulded variations of a character exist I wanted to give a nice comparision photo so that peeps can tell the difference.

SO THEN, IN SUMMARY:

I want to know which of all the Return of the Jedi figures come with a head that was moulded in the same coloured plastic as the face.

If a character exists with a moulded head, then could I have the details of its COO stamp. And if possible: What debut card it was realeased on? If you have any other comments about the figure, then I can also include them.

If the character was produced with both a moulded face as well as a painted face, then could I get a comparision photo to show the difference?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?   How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many ROTJ Figures originally came with Moulded heads?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1