The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures Empty
PostSubject: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 2:43 am

Hi all

Im trying to find out how to distinguish LL from Kenner figures. On this nice forum people are sellin figures as LL with H.K. and Made in Hong Kong marks.
And some have no marks.
So are all H.K and Made in Hong Kong and no COO LL ? And are all Taiwan and China then Kenner etc ?

Im sorry if im to much a newbie for you guys. But i cant seem to find the info on this on the net.

Thanks

Regards

Soren
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 3:29 am

Welcome to TIg bro your at the right place sit back and be ready the world of Ledy,stay a while and you shall know all.welcome abourd.

welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome

Ledy's are'nt learned overnight with patience and preserverence you to shall know the Ledy. lol! lol!

Dan.

Last edited by vintageSWfan on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 4:17 am

Hi Soren and welcome!

It is not the country information found on figures that make figures Ledy, PBP, Meccano, etc. It is a combination of the used paint, the colour of the plastic, the coo etc.

If you have questions about a certain figure don't hesitate and ask here in the forum.

Uli

P.S. You don't need fat pockets to learn about Ledy - you just need to ask the right people! Wink
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:49 pm

Thanks for the wellcome guys.

I have this Wicket , it fits the LL guide here on the forum. But has green arms and legs. And the paint looks much more wet then the pictures.
And he only have a spear and not a cane like i have seen on pictures. I have read that kenner has one with the same markings as the LL. But he has the same mark in the hood as you show here on the guide.

Thanks

Soren
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Soren let me see some pic's,the Ledy wicket has grey eyes,nose,and mouth no green arm's :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting:
The LL Wicket also has a special staff and hat.
Dan.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi Dan

Here are some pictures. Not the best but have a look.
The thin red ring around his left eye are from the factory.

Soren

Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures Wicket001

Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures Wicket002

Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures Wicket003

Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures Wicket004

Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures Wicket005
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:17 pm

I don't want to make you upset but pretty sure it's not Ledy,Let's see if we can get a second opinion from other's,just so you feel a little better.
Sorry bro,Ledy's are the tuff ones to get a lot of people selling stuff they think is Ledy but fall short.
Your bud Dan. study
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:27 pm

second opinion:

NOT ledy. false hood color, false nose color, etc.....

sry bro!

wolff
Back to top Go down
blutch
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:44 pm

wbobafett wrote:
second opinion:

NOT ledy. false hood color, false nose color, etc.....

sry bro!

wolff

I agree. The grey areas should be lighter grey on the LL.

Ledys can be found for reasonable money (except for some of the more popular ones). But one golden rule is that you will most likely not find many Ledys outside of Mexico, unless from reliable sellers here on this forum, or other good forums.

Some of the figures that were made in Mexico, by LL, but sold on Kenner cards, or in MIM-baggies, are easier to find. They are pretty much the same as Ledys, but have significant differences in most cases. Still, they were made in Mexico, and are often cool aswell. Cool Some of them are Gammorean Guard, Vader, Yoda, Biker Scout, Squid Head etc. The premium value of the Ledy Squid Head is due to the special cape, which the MIM-figure does not have.

To find Ledys outside of Mexico, unless via someone that has been buying from Mexico, or that for some reason travelled to Mexico in the 80's and purchased them then, is not very common. So to search through childhood collections from the UK or US, or Germany, will most likely not yield many Ledys.

As someone already said. Ledys is mostly about learning how to separate each figure, finding the right connections, and having a lot of patience. You also have to learn about the warning flags, stay clear of unreliable sources (even if they say that they got the figure from Mark Hamill and can thereby verify the authenticity of a Ledy. Laughing This is actually a real quote from a guy that I caught selling a fake red Bib Fortuna on ebay. :I am stupid: ) Either way, welcome to collecting, and the wonderful world of Ledys. Enjoy! welcome
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:52 pm

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS BLUTCH!!!!

Lucky to have you here!

As always wise written m8!

blutch wrote:

But one golden rule is that you will most likely not find many Ledys outside of Mexico, unless from reliable sellers here on this forum, or other good forums.

This is truely a golden rule, but I sound like a broken record saying this again Very Happy

Cheers

wolff
Back to top Go down
blutch
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:20 pm

Hehe, thanks Wolff. cheers

I did post a bit on this forum a long time ago, but then there were some kind of crash, so all my posts (and many others) disappeared. And lately I have not been very active in my collecting. But I am still trying to keep eyes out for a few PBPs, a few tricky ones, and a bunch of minimal copyright info variations. Rolling Eyes

I hope to spend more time on my collection soon, and will try to hang around here more. Smile
Back to top Go down
llseeker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi guys, I agree with you that the pictured wicket is not LL.

No coo LL's: Chewie, Vader, ObiWan, Stormie, Boba, Luke bespin, Yoda, Han bespin, Imperial commander, Rebel commander, CCP, C3PO remov, TF pilot, Zuckuss, Nunb, Weequay, Reeyees, Lando skiff, Squidhead, Klaatu, Gamorrean, Logray, Chirpa, Biker and all 14 figures from the last ROTJ wave

HK coo LL's: Vader, C3PO, Jawa, Leia bespin, Han bespin, C3PO remov, Ackbar, Madine, Fortuna, Royal Guard, Luke jedi, Boushh

China coo LL's: Leia bespin, Lando bespin

As you can see there are some figures that were issued with HK, China OR no coo, to make things even more interesting!!!!

Carlos
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi gentel men
You are lexicons on LL , thank you for your insight.

I dont know if the Wicket is LL , but i take your word for it that its not :-)

What got my ball rolling was the LL guide on this site. The pic of the hood vs Kenners. Can make you think that you got at least an LL hood :-) Mayby it could be opdatet abit ? Compare "my" hood to the guide LL hood. And the scar looks just the same.

I compared it to five wickets i got and none of them had the same scar.
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/TIG-Lili-Ledy-Guide-Wicket-W-Warrick-h19.htm

About that some SW where just sold in one part of the world. I have to say that i cant agree with that. I know that it is proboly mostly true.

But... Back in 1987 Danish Toy chain Fætter BR had an fire sale on SW. They sold figures for 5.95 ddk and five for 25 ddk. Normal price for an figure where 30-35 ddk.

In every shop you came in there where cheap Sw. A-wing pilots, Anakin, Imperial Gunner, Solo Carbonite etc. for 5.95=1 $

I bougt an Speeder Bike in a box with the mortor Jet sticker on. Some where on this forum it says that it where only sold in Spain.

I bougt figures with Uk price tags on. I bougt 1977 20 card Jawas on French cards.

All this where not usual sold in Denmark. I had never seen stuff like this and i can remember that there where alot of wird stuff
i the lot they sold.

Figures on the rong cards. Figures that where not castet whery good. Like an AT-AT driver with half af his chin missing.

And even an Nien Nunb with about five guns in the card bobbel. ( That would proboly sell good today :-)

I have an Joda with all the LL marks. Sanke head, cain, belt and logo that i bougt for just 5.95ddk.

I figure that the Danish toy chain bougt an huge amount of leftovers / the rest of the batch from an big
suplyer. Since about 1985 SW where not selling very well in Denmark and i guess that it was the same in the rest of the world.

I can remember an Xmas around that time where i wanted noting , becouse you could not get any SW in the shop :-( :-)

So with that in mind, i thougt that it might be an LL wicket :-)

I hope i have not borred you guys with my history lesson in Danish SW sales in the late 1980s :-)

Regards and again thanks for your help guys.

Soren

Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:10 am

Well there are about 6 MIM (made in Mexico) figures on kenner cards out there and they were sold here in Europe. Yoda, niben numb, Darth Vader, Gamorren Guard, reeyees and klaatu. All of those are for my knowledge ledy figures (the gamorren guard, yoda and vader are). So in fact you can have ledys on kenner cards.

The jawa meccano can I all so remember form my childhood in the toy stores here in Denmark. I have a feeling that it was sold many places all over Europe.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:34 am

Thanks Hansole

Here are some more pictures of the now non LL :-) Its him to the far right on all the pics. The Rest is Kenner Wickets.
Just to ad more to the story. His hood is harder than the Kenner hoods. Se the picture of the hood scars.

Another thing that is different from the Kenner , is that he has a flat butt , where Kenner is more round buttet.
You can tell the differences when they lay flat on the back. Kenner tips over to one side and the non LL layes flat on his back.

Regards

Soren

Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures Wicket2001

Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures Wicket2003

Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures Wicket2004

Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures Wicket2002

Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures Wicket2005

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:08 pm

The greenish limbs are typical for non ledy releases!

What should be said is:

THERE IS NO UNIQUE MOLD OF ANY COO; FIGURE OPR ACCESSORIES TO THE LEDY COMPANY....because they used molds that wer given to them!!! So the circles in the hood of the wicket are also appeared on neraly all no coo wickets from other countries!

The only COOs that are unique to ledy are:
- Biker Scout
- Gam Guard
- Nien Nunb
- Logray (besides the TT variant)
- Lando Skiff
- Squidhead
- Ree Yees

and I doubt this one some...maybe they just werent found yet! (maybe I also forgot some coos....anybody?)

Ledy was just a company which gathered molds that were already on the market to produce their own figures!
THE IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE IS THE WAY THEY PAINTED::::OR COLORED THEIR FIGURES!!! Of course some accessories are quite different!

But thats all.....its not possible to say: this hood has an A...so its Ledy...thats Nonsens...the only sure markl on accessories is the "LL" mark or the unique color......other examples are quiote more different and need a lot of experience!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Wolff just out of my head - hasn't the LL Chirpa also a unique coo?

How about the short mouth Biker Scout head? This was not used for any Kenner figure...
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:29 pm

Idefix13 wrote:
Wolff just out of my head - hasn't the LL Chirpa also a unique coo?

How about the short mouth Biker Scout head? This was not used for any Kenner figure...

You are right...I forgot the Chirpa!

The Biker Scout also has unique coo...thats why I didnt mentioned it! Did I also forgot Vader? Im not sure on Vader...he could exist elswhere!

What I find strange is: all MIM figures (besides Klaatu, Paploo and Lumat) have a unique coo to Ledy. But exactly these ones you can get very often (loose). So maybe thes coos existed really on other releases!

The short mouth mold is still strange! Why should Ledy change this mold...nobody ever had an explanation for this.....Im sure one day we will find out! I always wanted to see an early proto from the biker...maybe they got a proto mold! (would explain also why they made red capes for the bib!)

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Try for an explanation - the moulds for certain figures (e. g. Biker Scout) were produced somewhere but did not pass the Kenner or LFL quality control and were sorted out due to that. LL bought these sorted out moulds...

Could be - or?
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Idefix13 wrote:
Try for an explanation - the moulds for certain figures (e. g. Biker Scout) were produced somewhere but did not pass the Kenner or LFL quality control and were sorted out due to that. LL bought these sorted out moulds...

Could be - or?

hmmm....why didnt they sorted them out earlier....before producing the mold???? The mold is expensive!

But still could be!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures   Help to distinguish LL  from Kenner figures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help to distinguish LL from Kenner figures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1