The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clipper Figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BatintheBelfry
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BatintheBelfry

Clipper Figures Empty
PostSubject: Clipper Figures   Clipper Figures I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:02 am

Anyone got any useful links regarding Clipper figures? Looking to find out more about them: list of figures, availability, history, anything really.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27599624@N00/
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Clipper Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipper Figures   Clipper Figures I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:41 am

http://www.clipper-toys.net/main.htm
Back to top Go down
BatintheBelfry
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BatintheBelfry

Clipper Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipper Figures   Clipper Figures I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:11 am

Thanks for the link. Would also be interested in some of the main sculpt differences of the figures too (i.e. how easy is it to spot a loose Clipper figure?).
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Clipper Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipper Figures   Clipper Figures I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:19 am

BatintheBelfry wrote:
Thanks for the link. Would also be interested in some of the main sculpt differences of the figures too (i.e. how easy is it to spot a loose Clipper figure?).

I'm not sure there is much difference in the sculpt of Clipper figures. Maybe the mail-away Vader (and I'm not totally sure about that either), but that's about it.

In the early days (SW, ESB) Clipper had their own carded figures, but I still think those were just Kenner figures repackaged on Clipper cards. Then when ROTJ rolled around, Clipper just applied their stickers/catalogs to the cards of other licensee's figures (Palitoy, Kenner, Tri-Logo, etc.).

I could totally be wrong on this (and hopefully one of the loose variant guys can help shed some light on this), but I think Clipper is mainly a MOC thing. Smile
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Clipper Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipper Figures   Clipper Figures I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:35 am

RebelChris wrote:

In the early days (SW, ESB) Clipper had their own carded figures, but I still think those were just Kenner figures repackaged on Clipper cards. Then when ROTJ rolled around, Clipper just applied their stickers/catalogs to the cards of other licensee's figures (Palitoy, Kenner, Tri-Logo, etc.).

I could totally be wrong on this (and hopefully one of the loose variant guys can help shed some light on this), but I think Clipper is mainly a MOC thing. Smile

True!

The vader is different, but also appeared on other cards and baggies! Clipper just bought figures...never produced IMO.

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Clipper Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipper Figures   Clipper Figures I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 am

As the lads said Alex the figures aren't unique bar the dutch clipper mail away
Vader.

Clipper collecting is defo a MOC area Smile
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Clipper Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipper Figures   Clipper Figures I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 am

jaymassive619 wrote:
....Clipper collecting is defo a MOC area Smile
that will send you broke really fast tongue
Back to top Go down
BatintheBelfry
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BatintheBelfry

Clipper Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipper Figures   Clipper Figures I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:51 am

Ah I see. Yeah, was thinking the figure may have been different sculpts due to the Vader being different and a Logray baggie turning up on the bay.

At least I don't have to worry about tracking down more stuff for my collection (until I start getting more into MOCs anyway...).
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Clipper Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipper Figures   Clipper Figures I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:04 pm

great clipper site.that was a good link wolff.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Clipper Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipper Figures   Clipper Figures I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:30 pm

BatintheBelfry wrote:
Ah I see. Yeah, was thinking the figure may have been different sculpts due to the Vader being different and a Logray baggie turning up on the bay.

At least I don't have to worry about tracking down more stuff for my collection (until I start getting more into MOCs anyway...).

LOL! Rest easy with that thought then mate! Smile

The world of carded variants is a slippery slope, more so than the loose ones! Smile
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

Clipper Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipper Figures   Clipper Figures I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:52 pm

all the best stuff comes from belgium and the netherlands Cool smoke lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clipper Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipper Figures   Clipper Figures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clipper Figures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1