The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Im not a collector really but on my desk is a sonic screwdriver and a little TARDIS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 4:59 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
:bump:

I didn't know this thread existed before today!

I have a large loose colection of modern figures. Does everyone who posted here still collect or have you gone into hibernation?

Im still slowly collecting away Smile My most recent purchase was River Song and I have a new Dalek coming soon. Steve I'd love to see your collection Cool
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:

Im still slowly collecting away Smile My most recent purchase was River Song and I have a new Dalek coming soon. Steve I'd love to see your collection Cool

I should get a chance to unpack the figures & post some pics after the weekend.

Is the merchandise readily available in France, or do you have to arrange for the latest releases to be sent from the UK?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 5:17 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
Im not a collector really but on my desk is a sonic screwdriver and a little TARDIS!

I had a sonic screwdriver... until my daughter saw it. lol!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:53 am

As promised I've been digging out my DW figures.

I'll have to sort them out into 'series', but for now here are some of my Daleks, Cybermen & assistants.

[img]The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dscn5029[/img]

[img]The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dscn5030[/img]

Although, the figures are generally a very good likeness, the Rose on the far left is terrible lol!
[img]The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dscn5031[/img]
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 am

very nice figures Steve! Thanks for adding. Can't beat a good lineup of Daleks and Cybermen. I like the assistants too - been after a Kylie for a while, and an Amy Pond police uniform version Embarassed Smile

Your Rose Tyler on the far left looks to be the 'yellow hair' one from the early Dalek battle packs! A poor sculpt but these are fairly rare because they were the first ever produced figures in the Character line - and I also read that they are prone to breaking! So look after this unique figure Cool

I also took some new photos this weekend so I'll add them later.

What figures do you plan on getting next?

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:01 am

cantina_patron wrote:

Is the merchandise readily available in France, or do you have to arrange for the latest releases to be sent from the UK?

No DW figures in the shops here as yet. But they're showing more episodes on TV so you never know one day! Smile Currently get all my stuff online.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:57 am

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dscn5031
how big are these? they are very detailed.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:16 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
very nice figures Steve! Thanks for adding. Can't beat a good lineup of Daleks and Cybermen. I like the assistants too - been after a Kylie for a while, and an Amy Pond police uniform version Embarassed Smile

Your Rose Tyler on the far left looks to be the 'yellow hair' one from the early Dalek battle packs! A poor sculpt but these are fairly rare because they were the first ever produced figures in the Character line - and I also read that they are prone to breaking! So look after this unique figure Cool

I also took some new photos this weekend so I'll add them later.

What figures do you plan on getting next?

Kylie is one I see quite rarely. Amy in police uniform is common in the Tardis pack, I think some of the Pandorica CD sets came with her aswell, although I have only seen the normal version. The female assistants always seem to be among the harder figures to get. I rember that a couple of years ago the 1st issue of River Song moc was selling for £25.00 - £30.00.

Thanks for the info on Rose. Very Happy

I'm currently looking out for loose series 6 figures. They haven't been out that long, but I have recently seen them starting to turn up. I guess some kids just lose interest quickly.

Edit: I see some people are now paying £50.00 - £60.00 for a first issue moc River Song! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by cantina_patron on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:17 am

aussiejames wrote:

how big are these? they are very detailed.

They are around 5 inches tall. The detailing on most of the figures is superb. This line is well thought out & executed.
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:34 pm

I agree these are some of the finest action figures I've ever seen and it has been an act of extreme willpower on my part to not just dive and buy all of them. I have been soooo tempted to get that 11 Doctor box set but if I do that then I'm just going to have to go full tilt and get all of the costume variations for each. Then all of the Cybermen, then all of the Daleks, and it won't stop. I would like to get the "Time Monster" set with the Roger Delgado Master and his computer TARDIS.

The one thing I have been waiting for, and will buy, that they haven't done yet in this scale is Bessie. I would love to see a set with Jon Pertwee's Doctor, finally a figure of the Brigadier, and Bessie. Maybe something 3 Doctors themed I don't know.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Making your first DW purchase certainly can be the start of a slippery slope. I enjoy the revived tv series, but I had no intention of collecting the figures. I initially started to pick up loose figures at market stalls & car boot sales about 5 years ago to trade for SW items. I then found myself keeping one of each character/ variant for myself! Rolling Eyes
Latterly I have also picked up some carded items at toy fairs & taken advantage of BOGOF offers in retail stores, so it's possible to build up a good collection for a fraction of the original retail cost (so don't be put off 'dipping your toe into the water').

It would be cool if they released a 5 inch scale Bessie. A lot of classic characters have been released, so maybe in the future we will get to see the 3rd Doctors car. I'd definately buy it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:29 am

A Bessie car would be ace! I like how Character are dipping into the past and releasing more classic enemies of the Doctor sets. I'd also love to see a Brigadier figure.

I took new photos last weekend of all my stuff, so here is an update:

MIB
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dw_mib10

MOC
Original 1st releases, couple of series 1 and Mummy Robot.
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dw_moc10
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dw_moc11
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dw_moc12
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dw_moc13

Loose
Doctors, Amy and K9 rusty version
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dw_loo10
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dw_loo11
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dw_loo12

Character, Dapol and Corgi Davros
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dw_loo13

River Song and Leela
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dw_loo14

Vintage comics and annual
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dw_com10
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:50 am

The R/C Davros is probably my favourite piece Paul. Very Happy

Are you looking to slowly collect all the figures, or do you just collect the ones you like the look of?

I don't know whether you are aware (or interested in variants) but there are 3 different scarecrow figures, 3 clockwork men & 4 Krillitanes!

I don't have any Dapol figures, but I have seen some funky daleks. One of them was pink & glittery. I guess that's what you call artistic license. lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:41 am

Cheers Steve. I just go for whatever figures I like and sometimes ones on special offer when I visit the UK. I'd like to get some more series 6, but there are so many figures to collect now. And you're right about the variants it's almost as bad as SW figures lol! Moxx of Balhoon different shades of blue, River Song jacket and belt apps, mud splashes on tunic Roman Auton, 10th Doctor shoes, 11th Doctor bowties etc etc hehe Smile
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:58 am

I didn't know about the Roman Auton with mud splashes. I guess that's another one to add to the list. doh
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:52 am

cantina_patron wrote:
I didn't know about the Roman Auton with mud splashes. I guess that's another one to add to the list. doh

Steve, this is the ref site I use with a comprehensive range of all the figures released so far + variants:

http://doctorwhotoys.net/series1.htm

Here's what came for me yesterday, a series 5 Dalek Scientist Smile

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dw_ser10

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Nice addition Paul. And thanks for the link. Wink
Back to top Go down
DarthSwales
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
DarthSwales

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Been collecting since day one, ever since '06! Great line, isn't it? I have just about every figure - however I'm selling quite a few figures at the moment, I don't have as much as I once did. In dire need of making space so I've been getting rid of doubles and figures I don't really want anymore.

My Classic collection:

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 S3180010

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 S3180011

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 S3180012

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 S3180013

New Series collection:

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 S3180014

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 S3180015

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 S3180016

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 S3180017

And my TARDIS playsets:

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 S3180018

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 S3180019

My latest additions to the collection were the 'Victory of the Daleks Collectors Set' from SDCC, and also one of the Daleks from the new wave of talking ones. Love the fact they've made an action figure of Churchill, a completely unexpected surprise. And I love my Dalek - although I have millions already, it's cool that this one talks. You can check out my reviews here:

Can't wait until they start releasing more stuff, this year has been pretty dull. Still holding out hope for a figure of Rory Williams, too - maybe in the series 7 waves, eh?
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Very nice Who goodies there DarthSwales cheers I liked the Churchill cuppa dalek review too - didn't realise the Churchill was such a good sculpt as that + all the accessories! I wish they'd release some of the other non-fictional characters like Shakespeare, Dickens, Van Gogh and Queen Vic etc. Would be an interesting addition I reckon. Thanks for sharing Cool
Back to top Go down
DarthSwales
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
DarthSwales

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Very nice Who goodies there DarthSwales cheers I liked the Churchill cuppa dalek review too - didn't realise the Churchill was such a good sculpt as that + all the accessories! I wish they'd release some of the other non-fictional characters like Shakespeare, Dickens, Van Gogh and Queen Vic etc. Would be an interesting addition I reckon. Thanks for sharing Cool

Yeah, I've always wanted them to make figures of the historical characters. Hopefully this release of Churchill is the beginning of more releases like that!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:28 am

Very nice collection DarthSwales, I particularly like the SDCC set.

I picked these up yesterday.

[img]The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 Dscn5210[/img]
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Nice new additions Steve, the old school Cyberman are really cool sculpts. Nice mutant reveal Dalek too - the eye stalk, sucker and gun parts should also remove from the Dalek.
Back to top Go down
DarthSwales
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
DarthSwales

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Nice pickups! Love the 'Tenth Planet' Cybermen. So much more creepier back in the '60s!
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:11 pm

I've never seen the inside of a Dalek before. Didn't realise they were just a Squid on wheels. Seems to be a popular choice of outerspace creature wanting to take over the world Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next