The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett Empty
PostSubject: Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett   Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:45 pm

I got a rather interesting package in the post today that had this little chap in it :

Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett Sany1610

Now we've all heard of the old stories of RR Tri Fett's, the ones I've seen have always been forced out, especially seen as Tri Fetts are notorious for having loose and wobbly rockets. Every Tri Fett I have or have had has always had a loose rocket due to poor sonic welding, but all have been firmly stuck in because of the tab, and impossible to remove without damage been caused. At least until today, I got this Fett in the post and as I took it from the envelope I noticed the rocket wobble and just thought "there's a suprise" but then I saw it move upwards which of course shouldn't happen. So I gave it a little pull and out it popped. Rather oddly though there was no evidence of sonic welds on the rocket???

Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett Sany1611

Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett Sany1612

The entrance to the rocket slot is also clear of damage. There is no evidence of sonice weld in the slot or on the back of the inner tab (it has some black marks but no melt or red???) I struggled for decent pics here, sorry.

Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett Sany1614

Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett Sany1615

I was quite excited by this point! But then I made a discovery Sad

Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett Sany1616

Don't know if you can see but there is frosting from super glue, but no evidence of damage. So I'm guessing that this figure was never sonic welded together and as a result the Rocket was not sonic welded into the slot, the previous owner must have glued the figure together but left the rocket free to slip in and out. So although glued the rocket is still removable and makes for an interesting kind of error figure I guess, probably the nearest I'll ever get to a Fett with a removable rocket as well, unless Ozio wants to sell me his for a tenner Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett   Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi Alex,

Cool factory error indeed!!

I am thinking what might be the difference compared to a Ledy RR Fett. In the Ledy figure the rocket was inserted after the figure was welded, whereas in your case the rocket was welded with the figure, but it was just not done right. 

Congrats and thanks for sharing the story.

Would be good to have a link to your thread on page 1 of the Boba Fett FOTW thread.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett   Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Cheers Marco, Shame the previous owner glued it, would have been nice to have it in pieces, but then again, probably wouldn't have had as it would hve sold for loads. This wasn't too expensive, just standard tri Fett price and the rocket wasn't mentioned in the description.

I'll post a link in the FOTW section now.

Last edited by General Kahn on Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett   Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Awesome Factory error mate! Very Interesting great score
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett   Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Nice factory error alex, could you perhaps soften the glue enough to prize apart, by giving him a really hot bath? Or would trying to remove the glue end up damaging the paint thinking
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett   Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:40 pm

What a GREAT Fett you have there! Awesome discovery : )
Steve
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett   Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Cheers Steve, it is a gem and a nice little 'error' type thing to have.

Chris, cheers man, not gonna bother trying to open him back up, his overall paint is pretty good except for his right hip pocket and you know how easy Tri Fett paint is to damage, plus it's super glue that's been used, you can tell by the frosting and also the rough surface it's left under the arm, thing is it would be difficult to know the extent of the glueing inside, so I'm not going to risk damaging him.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett   Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:02 am

You did a very nice job with your pics!
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett   Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:24 pm

Hey Alex, that's a great find, congrats!
Amazing figure, from what I can see that's the exact same factory mistake that the one for the Lili Ledy RR fett.
Nice, nice, nice!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett   Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Great Boba General. cheers Nice factory error, Awesome find mate. cheers
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett   Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:52 pm

OZIO wrote:
Hey Alex, that's a great find, congrats!
Amazing figure, from what I can see that's the exact same factory mistake that the one for the Lili Ledy RR fett.
Nice, nice, nice!

Very Happy Very Happy:D

Cheers Oz, and it was your LL RR Fett guide that made it so much easier to figure this one out, so thanks for that, your guide is exceptionally Very Happy

Cheers Nico it was a cool find Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett   Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removable Rocket Tri-Logo Boba Fett

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1