The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  Empty
PostSubject: Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?    Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 3:36 pm

Hi guys,

Just read an interesting discussion on Facebook. TIG Member Merlin (Adolfo) discovered that the Lili Ledy Removable Rocket figure has a "L" marking at the bottom of the rocket holder. See picture (from Adolfo).

"L" marking at the bottom of the rocket cylinder of a Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett. Source: Adolfo M.O.
Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  10849782_10153774713050190_4728564951861559970_n_zps57cb5a6c

Same picture, modified to better visualize the "L" marking. Source: Steven Patrick
Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  10639639_765105340250354_1801670542896827403_n_zpsfdb57a36

Knowing about mould families, I was wondering whether this is an unique feature of the steelmould used by the Lili Ledy factory. It could be that the "L" was carved in by Lili Ledy coworkers off course.
Alternatively the "L" was already present on (copies of) the steel moulds used by Asian factories to produce Kenner Hong Kong figures.

Adolfo suggested the folllowing;
just open some Boba Fetts and you will find your answer, The "L" is UNIQUE for the Lili ledy RR BF, until someone prove it otherwise.

I agree, to go till the bottom of this (rocket holder), we have to get some Hong Kong Boba Fett figures, carefully open them up, remove the rocket, and look for any letters on the bottom of the rocket holder.

Only beater Boba Fett figures with COO#2 (old guide, see below) should be used for this.  (COO#2: Hong Kong with the smaller copyright symbol).
The steel mould for the Lili Ledy Boba Fett was namely derived from (a copy of) the steel mould used for the COO#2 figure by removing "Hong Kong".

Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  Boba_f17

Who has a beater Boba Fett with COO#2 (maybe bought for customizing), and like to check for any letters on the bottom of the rocket cylinder. Best way to do this is to open the figure up and remove the rocket.

Are there any letters at all? Is it "L"?  Another letter? More letters possible?
Please share your research by making clear pics of the bottom of the rocket cylinder and the COO.

As a token of appreciation, you will get a free set of three TIG buttons in return (free shipment as well).

Thank you,

Marco

Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  CE2Buttons_DrDengar_zpsf1c17b0d
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?    Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 4:03 pm

Marco if I understand correctly the removable rocket is like an error right? The rocket just wasn't sonic welded? So is it safe to say the L would be on all Ledy fetts and those with forced out rockets would have them also? Just wondering as I purchased a lot a while back and it has a fett that has damage around the opening of the pack, but no red residue that I can see inside. It is missing the rocket and I assumed it to be a forced since it had the damage, but it has the L inside if I remember right. I will have to dig it back out.

I think Alex had or has a trilogo/pbp that had an open torso so he may be able to shed some light on those.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?    Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 5:56 pm

I have a fixed rocked LL Fett I 'experimented' with- it has an 'E'
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?    Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 6:12 pm

maybe it's just a cavity stamp in the tooling?
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?    Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 7:51 pm

I just checked inside of the Kenner fett I costomized before, where I removed the rocket and there is a raised letter in there as well it looks like a partial L it is really hard to tell though I will find my magnifier and see if I can make it out better. But there is deffinitly a letter in there
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?    Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 11:03 pm

THanks for the feedback ... But I think if we can see pics  will be truly amazing.
The close up in the Samsung S5 have work for me extremely well, as far as iphones, they don't do the trick.
if you have the correct angle you will find out that is very easy to see and to take a pic.
when you open a fett you create certain pressure on some points so make sure not to get confuse with a pressure points.. the "L" is perfectly clear as the pics of  the upper post confirm it.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?    Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 12:16 am

Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  10647185_414594938698556_6232172713870974057_n
Ledy fixed rocket,
can't see the letter in my customised Kenner version without breaking it Neutral
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?    Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:18 am

James.. that´s the letter of the mold NOT the rocket pocket ....
my friend here is a quick example of what Marco asked... a open LL BF fixed rocket and his HK twin

Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  20141212
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?    Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 12:53 pm

Thank you for your help sofar, guys! Very Happy

And great picture, Adolfo.  Very Happy
It explains very clearly where we have to look for any letters.

Looking forward to your pics, guys.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?    Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 1:46 pm

we can add another discovery in here Very Happy ... James LL fixed rocket action figure has an "E" while mine has an "F" in the bottom part.

I wonder if that´s a mold code unsure unsure unsure
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?    Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 2:23 pm

I think these letters merely indicate the different torso parts which were present in one steel mould.
This way QC could check where possibly quality defects originated from.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?    Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:52 pm

I will see if I can get a shot of the letter and I will check the other custom fett as well both are kenner ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?    Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett Question: Who Has a Beater Kenner Boba Fett to Answer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1