The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LL removable rocket Fett

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

LL removable rocket Fett Empty
PostSubject: LL removable rocket Fett   LL removable rocket Fett I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 am

Since I'm new to some things... how much would one expect to pay for one of these Fett's and how would someone find him? THANKS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: LL removable rocket Fett   LL removable rocket Fett I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:50 am

Hi Ryan,

Are you intersted in buying one, or just curious?

A RR Fett is within the $1800-2200 range (non-graded)

Only buy from reliable sources or buy graded ones (in which case you pay a premium off course).

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: LL removable rocket Fett   LL removable rocket Fett I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:55 am

I 'eventually' want to get one... it's on top of my list of "wants". Right now, on my salary, not possible unless I hit the Mega Lotto... but at some point I would like to get him. Boba, Vader and C3PO are my favorites and of course I could never afford the J firing Fett, so the LL Fett would be the next best thing it seems.

Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Lily Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett   LL removable rocket Fett I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:01 pm

From my experiences, you can't always really get a straightforward answer to this question.

The short answer - they rarely come up for sale which makes it difficult to gauge market value.

The long answer - I have posted numerous WTB's on multiple SW forums. I got a few bites, but the pricing was always all over the place.

I don't know about other foreign line figures, but I regard this as one of the figures that carries a triple risk.

Too many forcibly removed examples. Mismatched rockets (fake or forcibly removed), incorrect weapon, or fake figures (sanded down coo, replaced leg, etc).

Too many risks buying them from sources who may not have been sold a completely legit one, even though they claim to have a legit example. I've seen about 7 or 8 over the two years I spent looking, and from that, there were only two I could say were 100% legit. LuisG could chime in on this but I think he gave me a ratio of 1:9 or 1:10 for real vs faked/forcibly removed examples.

And the transit shipping risks - which I don't want to make appear as a slight to our friends living there - but I have heard too many issues with shipping items from/to Mexico to not consider this a concern.

Because of all this, authenticated examples fetch a strong premium whenever they turn up for sale.

No one wants to end-up being rooked on a figure in this value category, so getting one that's been authenticated with a COA is the safer, but more expensive route.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LL removable rocket Fett   LL removable rocket Fett I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LL removable rocket Fett

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1