The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TIG Site Banner Competition!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi Guys. Cool

Well, honestly I didnt ekspect to se my idea made in a vintage figure style, sunday morning. It would have been easier to ask for the original psd files to get the lettering.

Since there are others who have the skills for making banners and it looks good, deffently!! I will let others take over for the toy banners.

With a last salut, I made a banner, the same graphic way I would appoatch this, with making something different, and hopefully usable.

Good luck with the site, had a lot of fun laying a fingerprint on it, and Im happy you guys let me do my thang.. Wink

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banner something...something

Banner 0000,7

Sneak Preview

Preview 000,5b

Cheers
Claus
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:24 pm

wow Shocked Shocked i like that.good work darth kaze. cheers
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:06 pm

This alternating banner thing is GREAT. You log on & bang- something new Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:10 pm

this is a really nice banner better than the last one,boo yeah. cheers
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:33 am

Those little "boxes" at the bottom could contain some nice vintage items Smile

Nice job Claus, your work is truly outstanding m8y pirat

Is there no competition out there? What a Face
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:57 am

I think those boxes are supposed to be a film strip?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:50 am

It is a really nice banner...just a thought...would the text "vintage star wars collectors" look better on the inside of the circle in the gap on the bottom?

Just an idea not a critisism at all Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:59 pm

Quote :
Those little "boxes" at the bottom could contain some nice vintage items

coachk28 is right with the filmstrips, I wanted the banner to be a OT movie tribute with a TIG emblem. The ones before were caracter focus banners.

Quote :
It is a really nice banner...just a thought...would the text "vintage star wars collectors" look better on the inside of the circle in the gap on the bottom?

If it were that the emblem is a logo I would, and the wording would go outside of the logo following the circlelining.

Do you remember when you had advertising analasis in Engslishclass, were you would objektively descripe the background, middelground and foreground of the picture. This is the same deal. had to connect the background with the lettering from the foreground - the middlegroud is the emblem.

Quote :
Just an idea not a critisism at all

I welcome constructive critism Smile It was a good idea
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:36 pm

Quote :
Is there no competition out there?

Would be nice to see, or know, if Jay is happy with the results.. indy
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Keep relating the banners to ROTJ!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Loving the new banner Claus i got a few minutes to log in at work today and popped it straight on great work as ever buddy bow

Do you source the raw images off the internet? The reason i ask is a have a few cool images saved and was wondering if you could incorporate them into one of your designs?
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:03 am

Quote :
Do you source the raw images off the internet? The reason i ask is a have a few cool images saved and was wondering if you could incorporate them into one of your designs?

Sure Smile The banner with the movie consept with the TIG emblem was designed that way, so if you still have my mail, you can send your pictures through there.

My favorite OT movie is ROTJ, so thats where I went picture hunting Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:16 pm

Darth Kaze wrote:
Quote :

Sure Smile The banner with the movie consept with the TIG emblem was designed that way, so if you still have my mail, you can send your pictures through there.

My favorite OT movie is ROTJ, so thats where I went picture hunting Wink

Nice one Claus ill dig them out and email them across this weekend.

I got to say ESB was my all time favourite SW film Smile
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:41 pm

i'd like to see a banner done with anakin when he's in the drag race from episode 1 the phantom menace.it had some great race scenes.i love the competition.Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Quote :
episode 1 the phantom menace

The Horror!!! up yours
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:03 am

ya i know. poo i realy only liked the racing scene from that movie.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:54 pm

A few tweaks to Shawn's awesome vintage figure banner have been made and its now been added to the banner rotation list and is up now Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:38 am

A few people are still working on Banners so this mini competition will be extended until after the Giant Raffle has been drawn.

Once we have all the entrants in we will set up a voting Poll so all TIG users can vote for there favorite Banner with a prize been sent to the winner! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIG Site Banner Competition!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4