The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2nd Banner competition Open to enter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

2nd Banner competition Open to enter Empty
PostSubject: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:44 pm

2nd Banner competition Open to enter TigBannercontest

OK guys, competition is open to enter:

Here are some rules, you may make as much Banners as you like, but you can use only 1 for the contest.
The Winner will be voted by the peeps on the forum.
Doesn't matter how many people play along, 2, 5, 20 or 200 a prize will be given away under the participants.
(The winner will recieve his prize 100% FREE....)
Banner has to have the same size as the Banner used on the site.

I hope you'll enjoy the contest.

Cheers, Dennis

Last edited by Stargeezer on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:50 pm

Like this one?

Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:03 pm

That thing is old, Tïg got alot new members since. So maybe it's time for another round...

Hey if you dont want to win something vintage, your not pushed to enter :-)

To be honest i totally forgot about that older banner contest. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Yeah do it do it. Just entered the SWCC banner comp so the more the merrier Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Stargeezer wrote:
A few things recently got me thinking, first you had Ham's great Lego tig banner and now we have hit the 300 member mark.
Jay said something about an competition, so here is an idea.

I assume Ham isn't the only one that's able to make a banner, so why not have some kind off banner competition, you create a tig banner and post it up here.

Then we can have some kind off voting to wich banner wins.
This gives Jay some more banners to choose from and since we are calling it à competition, i'll make sure the winners recieves a vintage price.

What do you guys think? Doesn't matter how it's made (Photoshop, paint,...) as long as it the same size as banner on top and it's Tig related.

So who would enter the contest?

Cheers, Dennis

I think its an awesome idea Dennis!!

Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:48 pm

worst idea ever! (and i only say that because i never got around to finishing my entry for the last banner thing)

but erm.. if you're providing the prize then it's in everyones advantage that i should win (you know, shipping costs) :p
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:34 pm

I just edited my initial post on top, took a look for the details of the contest.

@ Wouter, i have set the date to 31 October, so you'll have some time to think and create something.

Come on guys, doesn't matter if you haven't got photoshop skills, use paint or whatever you like.

Joe i know you can make wicked stuff with paint.
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:12 pm

2nd Banner competition Open to enter Tigbannerhyv

well it's *something* Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:18 pm

Stargeezer wrote:

You having a laugh? lol

If you put one of my paint pieces on the site people will think it was a child of one of the admins picture Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm

variation on a theme! :p

2nd Banner competition Open to enter Tigbanner2
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:20 pm

joe, i would expect nothing less from an admin! Wink
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:00 am

Smooth colours Hyver, nice Very Happy Who's pictures are they... did you draw/paint them?
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:02 am

aye, guilty Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:06 am

Those drawings are sweat Wouter!

Wouter have you ever done drawings of the actual vintage figures i bet they would look amazing with your abilities!!

Dennis this is sweat btw!

2nd Banner competition Open to enter TigBannercontest
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:08 am

Great stuff Wouter, nice work ;-)
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:12 am

So who won the first banner competition? Or did you just kill that competition?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:44 am

Darth Kaze wrote:

It boiled down to us been a bit swamped at the time Claus there was a lot of new things going on and new members signing up everyday plus the team had to chip in all the prizes (from our own collections) for the giant TIG raffle so organising that big give away took a lot of time planning etc so i guess the original banner competition ended up been over looked in terms of trying to promote it. Apart from yourself nobody sent any entries in so I remember extending it to see if anyone else would take part so we could at least have 2 people to make it a competition but nobody submitted anything the original plan was to have at minimum of 3 people enter so a the community could vote for the favorite Sad

Dennis has been kind enough to organise this raffle this time round and will be running it Smile As we have many more members now including a good few people with the skills needed to make banners im pretty sure we will end up with entries from more than 1 person ensuring that a vote competition can be ran at the end to find the winner Smile

Along side that im working on the next Free Mystery Raffle this one is a MOC edition but im still in the process of sorting out a prize.

AJ is also planning a TIG Secret Santa as well this year.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:43 am

So Jay, will you let people know what the prize will be?
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Thanks Wouter for being the first to enter te game.

I hope you’ve now woke some others up to enter to, or you’ll be the winner already 2nd Banner competition Open to enter Icon_lol

Joe_O wrote:
Stargeezer wrote:

You having a laugh? lol

If you put one of my paint pieces on the site people will think it was a child of one of the admins picture Laughing

Actually i was bloody serious Joe, i know you don't use photoshop, but hell, i like to see a banner from you that you've made with paint. And i do mean a banner that could be used on top here.

Not just a kids drawing off a Yoda saying blah blah blah and an bleeping R2 with Luke who say's "Firetruck you Yoda, i am a Jedi Damnit.... 2nd Banner competition Open to enter Icon_lol (Well this thing was actually cool.) 2nd Banner competition Open to enter Icon_wink

jaymassive619 wrote:

Dennis this is sweat btw!

Thanks, i thought would be cool to give it that vintage style.

By the way Jay, your also free to enter Jay since i put up this game and i’ll will give away a prize to the winner.

I know you can make some cool stuff with Photoshop, so i’ll hope you play along to.

Darth Kaze wrote:

Like jay already said, it’s never really worked out, so why not gve it a new try while we have so many new members... It’s just for fun and i’ll make it worth the time you put in Photoshop with a nice prize.

Hope you’ll enter to mate.

tigerham wrote:
So Jay, will you let people know what the prize will be?

Hammie, dunno if your meaning the mystery raffle prize from Jay or the prize in this Banner comp, but for the Banner comp i can only say, the prize will remain secret till it’s won, but i make it worth to the winner for entering this game.

So i know youre really great with Photoshop, so show us what you can do.

Cheers, Dennis.
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:09 pm

Thanks dude so whats the mystery raffle thing about?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:16 pm

tigerham wrote:
Thanks dude so whats the mystery raffle thing about?
if you knew it wouldn't be a mystery tongue but at some point , anyone (with 15 posts?) can put their name down in a seperate thread & at the end a lucky winner is drawn Smile
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Cool and why not ;-) Cheers J
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:00 pm

Dennis i will defo give it a go and enter a Banner Smile

Ham you can read about the previous TIG Mystery Raffles Here -

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/search.forum?mode=searchbox&search_keywords=mystery&show_results=topics

Also once a year we hold a giant vintage super raffle (again free for all to enter)

Below is a link to the 2010 one

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-chat-f1/the-tig-2010-super-giant-raffle-results-thread-live-winner-updates-from-9pm-gmt-feel-free-to-discuss-the-raffle-on-this-thread-t1093.htm?highlight=giant+raffle

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:04 pm

Thanks Jay, so do I have to put my name down or do you do the list?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:06 pm

tigerham wrote:
Thanks Jay, so do I have to put my name down or do you do the list?

When the next one goes live there will be a thread set up where you reply to enter it Smile

Dont worry when it goes up in a few weeks its impossible to miss Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Banner competition Open to enter   2nd Banner competition Open to enter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Banner competition Open to enter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next