The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TIG Site Banner Competition!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:20 am

I changed the who's online image to the scond death star as I felt that fits the
sites theme much better and I also written the code for a flash announcement
undsrneath the banner on the homepage which only takes to minutes to change
update the text it displays Smile

Jay
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:06 am

Yeah, i love that new main page mockup. Looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:40 am

On second thought....

I dont think having two death stars in the same layout holds. Why not an imperial green logo, so that it is integrated with the rest, same size and all so that there is no styleconfusien and the colour green to symbolize its "on".

TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 Tigonline

Thanks again for all the kind words, this site is getting addictive Smile

Just a quick update with the banners, were I highlighted the lettering, they go better with the forum icons.

Banner 01

Banner 02

I changed some mistakes aswell
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:42 am

What about something like this for the Online Icon???

Death Star Plans

TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 Deaths10

Sorry I couldn't find a better picture!!!!

Obviousy it would just be the schematics and not the console!!! Can you make that into a GIF so it rotates???

***** Locked thread/forum needs a new icon also.... Maybe a Rebel Logo?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:01 am

Quote :
Obviousy it would just be the schematics and not the console!!! Can you make that into a GIF so it rotates???

First you need to model it in 3d, were you render it going 360 degrees, and convert the file to a gif or flash file. Im not a 3d nerd, so someone else would have to do it.

All the ideas are all good and well, but I have to advice the crew behind the site, to go easy with all the ideas of the iconic features from to movie. It is just going to look crazy with all the different elements, and is going to be tirering to look at in the long run. Simple is better, and if it can be integrated well - more power to the crew of TIG Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:14 am

Great work on the Letters Claus!!!

I changed it at the top looks great buddy Smile
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:37 am

I hope you all understand what Im trying to do here, I do have a degree in graphic design, this is just like an vsw episode of "pimp my ride" Laughing

TIG lock icon

TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 Tigiconlock

TIG online icon

TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 Tiggreen

Preview

Preview icons
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:57 pm

The banner looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://wattosjunkshop.com
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 4:37 am

Waking up with my morning coffee, I was searching the web to see if there were some pictures I could put together and came up with this.

Banner 03

Sneak preview

Print screen
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 5:43 am

I likey!
I always thought of us TIG guys as Stormtroopers (although i'm a little short for a Stormtrooper Wink )
The more Stromtroopers the better i say.
Jay is obviously Vader btw.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:18 am

Perhaps some Gunners would look cool too Smile

Definately great banners Claus, top stuff m8
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:27 am

I like that Banner with the Troopers Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:26 am

Quote :
Perhaps some Gunners would look cool too

I cant seem to find the right pictures. The two first banners were all-around themes, and now I have gone over to the consept banners, so I´ve thought out a couple, but the challange seems to be the right pictures

Any help is much appreciated!! Smile
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:36 am

Or a banner with some vintage star wars figures!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:44 am

Quote :

Thought about it, but some with huge army buildings skills that would share there pictures for a banner - do you know any?

Would also like to make one with the emperor with two ERG gaurding him, same composition as the stormy banner.

Thanks for all the great ideas, but are there others who would like to participate in this bannerstyling?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Darth Kaze wrote:
Quote :

Thought about it, but some with huge army buildings skills that would share there pictures for a banner - do you know any?

Would also like to make one with the emperor with two ERG gaurding him, same composition as the stormy banner.

Thanks for all the great ideas, but are there others who would like to participate in this bannerstyling?

Great work as always Claus!

Others have had an attempt at making banners but dont have the skill or knowledge to create the type of results Josh T and you have buddy.

Im currently studying Adobe Illustrator CS3 myself and hope to be able to contribute some banners once i get my head round the program.

What do program do you use Claus?

I like others have said would also love to see an imperial gunner in a banner and the ERG's guarding the Emperor sounds awesome as well!!

Also is it possible to make a vintage themed banner using Imperial Vintage figures? and Boxed Imperial Ships etc?? I can help with sonme pictures if needed Smile

Jay
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:21 pm

we have the ever changing banner.need rolodex.i liked the one with the ship in right corner and the vader head in the left corner.Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:23 pm

i like the variety too.keep em coming,Dan
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Quote :
What do program do you use Claus?

Photoshop from the same package Wink I´ll send you a pm with my email for some pictures - Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 1:49 pm

BTW. Jay. Google is the only aducation you need to be a graphic designer. Search "Photoshop+tutorials" and you can find all you need study
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 6:36 pm

This is still a work in progress, but here is my attempt with some vintage figures. If anyone that is more skilled with photoshop wants the original figure pictures just send an email to moderators@imperialgunneryforum.com and I'll send them over.

TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 Banner10
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:48 pm

shawn_k wrote:
This is still a work in progress, but here is my attempt with some vintage figures. If anyone that is more skilled with photoshop wants the original figure pictures just send an email to moderators@imperialgunneryforum.com and I'll send them over.

TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 Banner10

THAT IS F%@#& SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:32 pm

Here's another go at it. I hope you don't mind me borrowing your text and it being heavily inspired by your design Claus.

TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 Banner11
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am

Thats sweet as hell, Shawn. I'd leave that one (the second one) as is.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:02 am

Im loving the vintage draft Claus its the business! Its will be sweet once we do a finial version Smile

Im going to try and take some pictures of vintage imperial figures for you to use later today Smile

Guys if anyone can take pictures of imperial vintage figures please do and PM me so that you can email them to me and i can then edit them and send them to Claus.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIG Site Banner Competition!   TIG Site Banner Competition! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIG Site Banner Competition!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next