The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage SW value bubble starting?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Vintage SW value bubble starting? Empty
PostSubject: Vintage SW value bubble starting?   Vintage SW value bubble starting? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:12 pm

I've been watching the US Kenner SW market and frankly I'm seeing prices that are startling. Since it seems to be Kenner, I'm wondering if people are flocking to vintage hoping it'll go up in value as more movies come out.

I wasn't collecting in 1999, but did the prequels help values?

Anyone else seeing this trend?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Vintage SW value bubble starting?   Vintage SW value bubble starting? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:25 pm

It's because of Disneys involvement, now the Disney collectors have an excuse to jump into vintage SW collecting. It's going to get much worse before that bubble bursts....

J
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Vintage SW value bubble starting?   Vintage SW value bubble starting? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:47 pm

I can't help with yes or no on the increase since 1999 but I have had it mentioned to me, about Disney, by more than one person I've bought from and it pisses me off. People aways looking for that get rich scheme. And you know what...some folks will get more money for this.

I've been delayed due to deployments in the last 3 years in getting the contiuation of my inherited collection going and now that I can...everybody and their Mother (Mother's are selling) are looting the unknowing which is making it hard as all heck to buy due to this Disney thing!!! I'm constantly haggling with private sellers and shaking my head in disgust.
Back to top Go down
mrnix56
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Vintage SW value bubble starting?   Vintage SW value bubble starting? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:03 pm

the values for the vintage figure went up a ton in 1995 the reworked trilogy just came out. ebay was just starting out. that was more or less start of the uprise in prices.
Back to top Go down
madhatter1220
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
madhatter1220

PostSubject: Re: Vintage SW value bubble starting?   Vintage SW value bubble starting? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:34 am

I agree I'm still looking for the moc VC Jawa the last one I bid on went for $5,600 and that was an afa 75 that seems outrageous to me. Back in Dec and Jan they were going for right around $3000 give or take but knowing me I'll still pay these crazy prices what can I say I love vintage Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Vintage SW value bubble starting?   Vintage SW value bubble starting? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 11:00 pm

"I agree I'm still looking for the moc VC Jawa the last one I bid on went for $5,600 and that was an afa 75 that seems outrageous to me. Back in Dec and Jan they were going for right around $3000 give or take but knowing me I'll still pay these crazy prices what can I say I love vintage Star Wars."

:buzzing: :buzzing: :buzzing: :buzzing: :buzzing: CRAZY madhatter1220 CRAZY :buzzing: :buzzing: :buzzing:

By the way are ya crazy enough to give me one for $300 once you pay 3k-6k thinking I'm just kidding. Take care!
Back to top Go down
madhatter1220
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
madhatter1220

PostSubject: Re: Vintage SW value bubble starting?   Vintage SW value bubble starting? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 11:38 pm

SithLord2013 wrote:
"I agree I'm still looking for the moc VC Jawa the last one I bid on went for $5,600 and that was an afa 75 that seems outrageous to me. Back in Dec and Jan they were going for right around $3000 give or take but knowing me I'll still pay these crazy prices what can I say I love vintage Star Wars."

:buzzing: :buzzing: :buzzing: :buzzing: :buzzing: CRAZY madhatter1220 CRAZY :buzzing: :buzzing: :buzzing:

By the way are ya crazy enough to give me one for $300 once you pay 3k-6k thinking I'm just kidding. Take care!

Stranger things have happened :I am stupid: You never know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage SW value bubble starting?   Vintage SW value bubble starting? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage SW value bubble starting?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1