The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) Empty
PostSubject: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:53 am

How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC1TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC2TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC3TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC4TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC5TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC6TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC7TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC8TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC9TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC10TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC11TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC12TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC13TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC14TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC15TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC16TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC17TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC18TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC19TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC20TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC21TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC22TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC23TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC24TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC25TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC26TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC27TIG

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) PackingaMOC28TIG
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:35 am

Nice Guide Jay..... I can see one particular Luke Jedi Collector being totally chuffed with the care you have taken when he sees this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:38 am

Awesome job Jay. Funny - I didn't see you mention anywhere - Put MOC in padded envelope. Ship.

I think I'm going to include your procedure in my payment for any moc I buy on ebay,.
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:41 am

Thank you so much for posting this up Jay. How much will the costs of shipping for that Trilogo Luke Jedi figure in its Star Case with the plastic bubble wrap and styrofoam chips? Smile

Last edited by Chancellor_Peter on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:35 am

Chancellor_Peter wrote:
How much will the costs of shipping for that Trilogo Luke Jedi figure in its Star Case witb the plastic bubble wrap and styrofoam chips? Smile

Sorry Peter, but he just made it to Utah today. cheers I'll post some followup pics once i get home from work to show how he made the journey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:48 am

Nice one Jay ....... think RebelChris might like to email this link to a certain RS member on my behalf lol! lol!
Tony
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Fkn awesome.
You explained this perfect.
Next time i buy a MOC i will be adding this thread linked to seller that way i know my next MOC will be safe,Great job Jay
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:05 pm

Superb guide Jay!

Do you think the bubblewrap is strong enough for securing the bubble? I always use a thin cardboard for that.

Uli
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Uli, the bubble wrap is perfect for the bubbles. Thats the way I send mine out, minus the Star case. I just wrap the MOC in more bubble wrap before placing it in the box. I haven't had any problem with one yet.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:22 pm

shawn_k wrote:
Chancellor_Peter wrote:
How much will the costs of shipping for that Trilogo Luke Jedi figure in its Star Case witb the plastic bubble wrap and styrofoam chips? Smile

Sorry Peter, but he just made it to Utah today. cheers I'll post some followup pics once i get home from work to show how he made the journey.

Thanks Shawn, I appreciate that. At least I will know how much it costs to ship a well packaged action figure out from the UK since I usually purchase loose figures, and has been a while since I purchased a carded one.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:41 pm

It'll be a little delay on the pics. I got home with the note on the door. Sad
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:32 am

Hi jay

That's a really useful guide. I have used this way of rapping MOC for some time now, and I don't think I haven’t had problems with bobbles and so on even that I have mailed MOC with fragile bobbles like the ones on pbp MOC.

Cheers Michael

Nice Trilogo MOC Luke Jedi btw. Smile
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Picked up the Luke from the post office on my lunch break. Here's the unpacking pictures. Smile

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) Img_1910
Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) Img_1911
Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) Img_1912
Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) Img_1913
Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) Img_1914
Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) 70cfront
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Glad it arrived safely Shawn!
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Can't believe i had to search and dig this thread up, this should be a sticky!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)   Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picture Guide 1 - How to Pack a Vintage Star Wars MOC safely and protect the bubble using the starcase method (Pic Heavy)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1