The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 3:51 pm

@ Clint, Thank you very much!

@ June, hold back the tears big man! Clint's technique may just work! I'm going for a trial run!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 4:19 pm

I have chosen to remove the content from this page

The work and research I have done for Luke Bespin has been a huge learning circle for myself and like many early works of research, this has become very much out dated and contains much information which I now know to be incorrect. I hate mis-information in the hobby, there is simply too much of it especially in the age of facebook, impatient collectors and general ignorance. It's bothered me for a long time that people still use this as a reference, I truly appreciate the amount of views it has received and the comments, but it is unfortunately out of date.

But fear not.... My new work is heavily under construction and soon a much more accurate and comprehensive guide to Luke Bespin will be available to view.

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Success!!! Cheers again Clint, you all nearly ended up missing who the rarest Bespin Luke of all was!
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Clint is the man! :clap:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 5:56 pm

Another great chapter for your Magnum opus.

Thank you Alex, for putting so much love into it! :clap:

BTW: Nice to read about your quest for the dark ginger Luke Bespin!
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Another great chapter for your Magnum opus.

Thank you Alex, for putting so much love into it! :clap:

BTW: Nice to read about your quest for the dark ginger Luke Bespin!

Cheers Marco, I always value your input!
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Well done General Khan, you have helped to answer my childhood question on why there are NO Blonde Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) on US Kenner 41D cards onwards. 

A question, why did Kenner not have alternate productions to switch between Blonde and Brown hair variants like they did with the original Luke Skywalker until the ROTJ 77 card backs?
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 2:26 pm

Chancellor_Peter wrote:
Well done General Khan, you have helped to answer my childhood question on why there are NO Blonde Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) on US Kenner 41D cards onwards. 

A question, why did Kenner not have alternate productions to switch between Blonde and Brown hair variants like they did with the original Luke Skywalker until the ROTJ 77 card backs?

Not to clued up on the original Luke, but may it have been from different factories and what not, but Bespin Luke, basically they made the decision to change the hair colour, same as changing the vinyl cape to cloth cape on Jawa and it's unlikely that they had both colours being produced side by side. Any blonde Luke's found on or after the 41 Back D are most likely from overstock.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 3:50 pm

The work and research I have done for Luke Bespin has been a huge learning circle for myself and like many early works of research, this has become very much out dated and contains much information which I now know to be incorrect. I hate mis-information in the hobby, there is simply too much of it especially in the age of facebook, impatient collectors and general ignorance. It's bothered me for a long time that people still use this as a reference, I truly appreciate the amount of views it has received and the comments, but it is unfortunately out of date.

But fear not.... My new work is heavily under construction and soon a much more accurate and comprehensive guide to Luke Bespin will be available to view.

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Might be a bit late but I just want to say thanks, incredible work! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
LukeJedi
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 6:59 am

Wow - great information!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lukejedi.info
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 2:40 pm

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kenner76
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Kenner76

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing all of your hard work with us! I'm also loving the custom Luke!!
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:43 pm

I really think that this should be condensed ( just the post from the general ) and put somewhere prominent on the site for easy access. This is exactly the kind of work and effort that a lot of newbies and veterans are looking for, for reference.

This should go beyond a simple limelight thread. It is well done and well laid out and it should become a standard on this site. As cool as it is to have the guide for the weapons in front page, i would say that a section should be started for figures where these kind of insanely detailed and well made threads like this could go. It would be a huge time saver and showcase the insane love that some pople have for their toys.

this thread limelight is awesome!

cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3