The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:08 pm

again, very nice post , full of interesting info,thanks for sharing Alex!!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Quote :
I want that invisble head Luke!!! Im first...so forget it you muppets...it is MINE!!!
Just $80 to you my friend! Wink

Quote :
Dude you did an awesome job...can I hire you to do the other characters too??
Cheers Wolff, don't know about the others though, just doing Luke has probably aged me about 10 years!!!! I truly understand the huge task you've undertaken! Very Happy

Quote :
again, very nice post , full of interesting info,thanks for sharing Alex!!
Cheers again Javi Cool
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 8:26 am

I have chosen to remove the content from this page

The work and research I have done for Luke Bespin has been a huge learning circle for myself and like many early works of research, this has become very much out dated and contains much information which I now know to be incorrect. I hate mis-information in the hobby, there is simply too much of it especially in the age of facebook, impatient collectors and general ignorance. It's bothered me for a long time that people still use this as a reference, I truly appreciate the amount of views it has received and the comments, but it is unfortunately out of date.

But fear not.... My new work is heavily under construction and soon a much more accurate and comprehensive guide to Luke Bespin will be available to view.

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:55 pm

Great updates Kahn Very Happy Thanks for all the hard work you put in. Can't wait to add more to my focus, really studying this thread, but still pretty hard to spot these on eBay.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Jedi_june wrote:
Great updates Kahn Very Happy Thanks for all the hard work you put in. Can't wait to add more to my focus, really studying this thread, but still pretty hard to spot these on eBay.

Don't worry chief, after a while you can spot them a mile off! It's also fun, when you get to see people trying to sell China baggie figures as PBP for a 100 quid! Haha

I'll be updating agian soon with a breakdown of the different sculpts. Just been busy at the moment, I'll try and get it up in the next week or so Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:33 pm

I just spent reading the last half hour reading your Luke Bespin limelight. Don't know what to say...you put such an incredible amount of hard work, love, and devotion into your research, the result is impressive, and clearly explained.

Respect General!!! :clap: :clap:

I think it is about time that you obtain your PhD degree in Variation Studies from Professor Wolff now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
I just spent reading the last half hour reading your Luke Bespin limelight. Don't know what to say...you put such an incredible amount of hard work, love, and devotion into your research, the result is impressive, and clearly explained.

Respect General!!! :clap: :clap:

I think it is about time that you obtain your PhD degree in Variation Studies from Professor Wolff now. Very Happy

Cheers Marco, glad you like it, I'll ask Wolff about that PHD, it will make up nicely for the NVQ in graphic design I kinda of sacked off!
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:18 pm

most impressive indeed!
awesome job, very meticulous

thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:47 pm

The work and research I have done for Luke Bespin has been a huge learning circle for myself and like many early works of research, this has become very much out dated and contains much information which I now know to be incorrect. I hate mis-information in the hobby, there is simply too much of it especially in the age of facebook, impatient collectors and general ignorance. It's bothered me for a long time that people still use this as a reference, I truly appreciate the amount of views it has received and the comments, but it is unfortunately out of date.

But fear not.... My new work is heavily under construction and soon a much more accurate and comprehensive guide to Luke Bespin will be available to view.

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 1:55 am

Just wow..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 2:05 am

wbobafett wrote:
Just wow..... Shocked
you can say that again cheers
My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 Claps_santana_4
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 2:55 am

Cheers Wolff, gonna get on to them sabers next! Angry SW

Cheers AJ, your ability to find a beautiful woman for every situation never fails to make me smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:40 am

Just want to echo what has already been said by everyone.
This is a masterpeice.
Your detailed descriptions are fantastic, and your photo details make it easy and very clear to understand.
I only wish something like this was available for all charecters.
Well done.

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:54 am

M4K3R1 wrote:
Just want to echo what has already been said by everyone.
This is a masterpeice.
Your detailed descriptions are fantastic, and your photo details make it easy and very clear to understand.
I only wish something like this was available for all charecters.
Well done.

Cheers Oscar, it's taken many years to get this far, I too would love to see something similar for the other characters, Wolff's your man there, don't think anyone has put in as much work as him in that sense, but it's such a collossal undertaking and many of the other figures aren't as 'straight forward' as Bespin Luke unfortunately, not that Bespin Luke was straight forward by any means, but others are alot harder to fathom. unsure
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:09 am

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 1:04 pm

Another wow....when will I have the time to read this?!?!?

Great work buddy.....really one of a kind! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 1:15 pm

wbobafett wrote:
Another wow....when will I have the time to read this?!?!?

Great work buddy.....really one of a kind! Very Happy

Cheers again my friend, and cheers again for pics! As for reading it, it's here now, so you have all the time in the World I guess, I'm sure your pretty much familiar with the most of it anyway!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:03 am

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:41 am

Incredible work Alex. :clap: This must be the most comprehensive reference work for any production figure.
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Dude cheers for all the hard work cheers bow

:clap:

This is going to help me a lot for my Bes. Luke Focus Razz

yoda
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:04 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
Incredible work Alex. :clap: This must be the most comprehensive reference work for any production figure.

Cheers chief, it all started a few years ago when I posed myself a question about which figure the V.2 lightsaber belonged with, it all kind of came from there really Very Happy

Quote :
Dude cheers for all the hard work

Cheers June, was that an offer to pay the bill Wink Hope it helps chief, it became a little personal project which ended up quite a big project, but I've enjoyed doing it, although frustrating at times :scratch: it's taken a while to get it ready, but it's purpose is to help I guess so I'm glad that it can Very Happy
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:34 pm

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 3:06 pm

Well, I've been off line for a week and have spent many hours of that time piecing together some of the last bits for this, my Bespin Luke research thread. Unfortunately the new posting format has made it impossible, or at least, a huge arse to post detailed threads with pictures.
I've always tried to keep this thread neat and well presented, and unfortunately the new format prevents me from doing so, at least as far as I can be arsed to try and figure out.
So, I guess it ends here, nice and incomplete Sad sorry!
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 3:38 pm

This thread may help.
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5929-forum-posting-pm-probems-and-crashing

Commander Clint wrote:
Commander Clint wrote:
I'm using an old version of Firefox. No crashes yet.
I did notice that I can't go back and edit words or spelling errors in the middle of a message without having to erase the message back to that point of the error / change!

I found the solution to my problem.  There is a switch editor mode button.  It lets me go back and correct text normally.Very Happy

My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 Switch10

Other then the problem I had, almost everything runs the same, just a slightly different layout.  Just takes a few times using it, to get used to it.Very Happy

Last edited by Commander Clint on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 3:47 pm

Noooooooo this can't be the end :awe::SOS:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next