The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research Empty
PostSubject: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:17 am

I have chosen to remove the content from this page

The work and research I have done for Luke Bespin has been a huge learning circle for myself and like many early works of research, this has become very much out dated and contains much information which I now know to be incorrect. I hate mis-information in the hobby, there is simply too much of it especially in the age of facebook, impatient collectors and general ignorance. It's bothered me for a long time that people still use this as a reference, I truly appreciate the amount of views it has received and the comments, but it is unfortunately out of date.

But fear not.... My new work is heavily under construction and soon a much more accurate and comprehensive guide to Luke Bespin will be available to view.

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:43 am

Thanks for sharing your research again Smile
My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research Sheet_22
loving the removable hand custom
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:49 am

Cheers AJ, my wrist hurts more than the customs after that type-o-thon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:04 am

What an incredible research with love for all the detials. :clap:

General Kahn, I think from today on we should call you Admiral Kahn!
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:20 am

Quote :
General Kahn, I think from today on we should call you Admiral Kahn!

Haha Very Happy Cheers Doc, don't know about Admiral, not sure I'm ready for that, I can't even arm my troops! Forget to mention, that's not a complete set of weapons, I used a few more than once for the benefit of the pic's, so maybe just add a star to the General for know, until I can get better kit for my troops!
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:08 am

Hey mate! Glad to see you back online! Cool

That is some truly impressive research and interesting read! You have a fantastic collection! :Drool:

Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:26 am

Quote :
Hey mate! Glad to see you back online!

Glad to be back Chief, I've missed Star Wars chat, I'm also confident that my wife's glad I'm back so she doesn't have to hear my shit anymore!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:43 pm

welcome back and congrats on a mammoth update! Your previous limelight got referenced a lot and I'm sure this one will too. Great that you had some help from Wolff and Pat as well Cool
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:53 pm

That's awesome! Very Happy Nicely organized and lots of great info. :clap:
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Quote :
back and congrats on a mammoth update! Your previous limelight got referenced a lot and I'm sure this one will too. Great that you had some help from Wolff and Pat as well

I'll try and keep this one better updated as a reference source than the last one, I know a few people asked questions I never answered while I was off line, I'll have to chase them up, although probably long answered by now.

Me and Pat have talked Bespin Luke a lot, and a while back he posted me the 2 bootlegs and some Ledy overstock parts for free, which was an awesome gesture Very Happy

Wolff and I sent a string of e-mails over Christmas, the result of which was ultimately cracking the Bespin Luke COO riddle! It also ended up with Wolff getting me a Poch Luke, a figure I'd long had missing.

All in all there a good people here Very Happy

Quote :
That's awesome! Nicely organized and lots of great info.

Cheers Clint, it may look nice but eventually you'll get sick of the sight of that damn blue card in my posts! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:15 pm

The work and research I have done for Luke Bespin has been a huge learning circle for myself and like many early works of research, this has become very much out dated and contains much information which I now know to be incorrect. I hate mis-information in the hobby, there is simply too much of it especially in the age of facebook, impatient collectors and general ignorance. It's bothered me for a long time that people still use this as a reference, I truly appreciate the amount of views it has received and the comments, but it is unfortunately out of date.

But fear not.... My new work is heavily under construction and soon a much more accurate and comprehensive guide to Luke Bespin will be available to view.

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:00 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:19 pm

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:57 am

Wow....that all came out so great Alex! A hundred thumbs up! It was really nice "working" with you over christmas my friend! Im glad you could dedect them all. This was the kind of research I like very much...real fun!

Seeing your work finally pictured just shows me again what I would need to do on every character.... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Im very happy that now at least one character is documented like it should be IMO. Kudos my friend!

Are going to also document the LS and blasters?? Let me know when you find that strange LS I showed you!! Wink
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:15 am

Quote :
Wow....that all came out so great Alex! A hundred thumbs up! It was really nice "working" with you over christmas my friend! Im glad you could dedect them all. This was the kind of research I like very much...real fun!

Cheers Wolff, much appreciated and cheers again for all the help Very Happy

Quote :
Seeing your work finally pictured just shows me again what I would need to do on every character....

It's taken me years to get this far, the thought of actually doing this with any other character at all pains me greatly, plus I don't actually think I'd live long enough!!! Sad

Quote :
Are going to also document the LS and blasters?? Let me know when you find that strange LS I showed you!!

I'm going to document everything I know up here, then it's there for anyone to browse, I just haven'y sorted it all out yet, so it may take a while. I'm still keeping an eye out for that LS :Drool:
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 5:27 pm

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:01 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Wow Shocked great collection of bespin lukes its so amazing :buzzing: Thank you for posting all this info, it's a lot to take in for me since I'm a beginner at collecting lol. Bespin Luke is my favorite figure and was thinking of starting a focus on him when I complete my loose collection. Looks like I have my work cut out for me study

bow
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:46 pm

It's official, you have joined the nutter club, General Khan. Ha ha. Jk. Quite a collection of Luke Bespins you have amassed though affraid
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Congrats in such an amazing study!! i really love how you have handdeled all that info.Very well done dude!!I amm going to double check the figures i have found in Spain so far, maybe i can add something study
Sincerely
Javi
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Quote :
Wow great collection of bespin lukes its so amazing Thank you for posting all this info, it's a lot to take in for me since I'm a beginner at collecting lol. Bespin Luke is my favorite figure and was thinking of starting a focus on him when I complete my loose collection. Looks like I have my work cut out for me

Cheers Bud, it's definately a fair old undertaking if your going to embark on it, but well worth it in the long run Very Happy

Quote :
It's official, you have joined the nutter club

Haha, think you maybe right Josh :I am stupid:

Quote :
Congrats in such an amazing study!! i really love how you have handdeled all that info.Very well done dude!!I amm going to double check the figures i have found in Spain so far, maybe i can add something

Cheers Javi, more to come! I still have the picture of the Bespin Luke's you sent me from childhood collections in Spain which is in my archive and helped greatly with my work, any future offerings will always be greatly appreciated cheers

Anyway should probably finish off the paint section at least while we're here.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:30 am

Wow! Wow! Wow! Simply amazing Alex! All of your work has paid off as this is amazing to see! Your guide has come along nicely. When you come pick up the Luke ill get you to organize mine lol! So when you get a Bespin Luke tattoo which one is it going to be ? Thanks for the kind words my friend & talk soon!
Pat
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 am

Fantastic thread and collection mate, love your work
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Quote :
Wow! Wow! Wow! Simply amazing Alex! All of your work has paid off as this is amazing to see! Your guide has come along nicely. When you come pick up the Luke ill get you to organize mine lol! So when you get a Bespin Luke tattoo which one is it going to be ? Thanks for the kind words my friend & talk soon!
Pat

Cheers Pat, you do realize that one day I'm just gonna turn up on your door step! Anyway, I wont need to organise your Luke's, when I've finished the thread,you'l be able to do it your self! Very Happy

Quote :
Fantastic thread and collection mate, love your work

Cheers Bud, hope it helps Cool
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Thanks to all who viewed

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:02 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:03 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol!

I want that invisble head Luke!!! Im first...so forget it you muppets...it is MINE!!!! lol! lol! lol!

Dude you did an awesome job...can I hire you to do the other characters too?? What a Face

Congrats Alex!!

I hope I have the time soon to read more detailed, but it looks 100% complete at first glance! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research   My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Bespin Luke Limelight & Research

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next