The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fishing maniac thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 4:06 pm

I should have recognized the alligator gar as we have those in texas. Never seen one that big, but have seen them. Heard of some of these on the river monsters show. Looks like it was amazing. Now to get the world record back.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 4:20 pm

Which one is Giant Snake Head What a Face
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 4:25 pm

Nico wrote:
Which one is Giant Snake Head What a Face

I think he posted them in order of appearance on the last page so the snakehead is the last one.

Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 28hdj6c
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 3:59 am

Spot on Trapp !!

I'm sure most of us have addictive personalities being collectors ..... but this is truly an addiction I love that I can do most places I go. I like catching new species and fish I can eat and share with others.

Hopefully as Aussie Summer hits there will be more to come?

Thanks for all the comments :clap:
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 10:48 am

I saw chopper logged in and was reminded of this thread. I have been watching some reruns of river monsters lately and chopper is kind of like the Jeremy wade of TIG. Any new adventures of giant fish to share?
Back to top Go down
shanester
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
shanester

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 2:55 pm

I just found this thread.  Living in the "Sportsmans Paradise" of Louisiana, I fish often.  
Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 10501791_10204680984246948_5139759257689909363_n_zpsr8kgsiez
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 3:16 pm

What type of fish is that? We were just talking about this thread yesterday in the vintage chat section. Feel free to add more pics if you want. I know we have some avid anglers here at TIG.
Back to top Go down
shanester
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
shanester

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 3:27 pm

Red Fish (Red Drum) . About 24 inches I think.  Grand Isle Louisiana.
Back to top Go down
shanester
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
shanester

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 2:40 pm

Three nice Black Drum and a fat Sheephead.
Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 72899_3859995663395_146628535_n_zps9hhfzyc7
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 2:50 pm

Wow, they are colored so close they all look like the same species.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 11:02 am

My grandmother has a house on lake Granbury and while down there doing some of the yard work and upkeep a little bit back I took my kid with me. He wanted to fish in the channel that they live off of. Lake Granbury had been bone dry for the last year or so with the lack of rain and the dwindling brazos river that feeds it, but this year with all the rain it is up to levels it hasn't been in a long time. Anyway he got his little pole and went down on the dock and fished for hours and never caught anything. Saw lots of turtles and a few fish hitting the top of the water, but nothing took his bait. Not a very exciting story but the closest one to a fishing story I have for now.

The neighbor said he ahs seen some people in boats going up and down the channel and they have been catching a few but nothing spectacular. I am sure with all the rain they have plenty of food washed in so don't need to scavenge for food yet.
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 12:02 am

Reasonable Shark Bay Mulloway

Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 1q06zl
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 2:11 am

1st fish of 2017 .. it has been far too windy in Perth up until last week so we headed out at 6:00pm and finished around midnight ... bit of a scary boat ride as the waves and wind kicked up. Never nice navigating around reef in the dark !

Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 0117_fishingphoto upload sites

2 Pink snapper went 60cms as did the two squid and a big ass wobbegong (carpet shark) .. he lost his head so we could bleed him out.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 12:19 pm

What a haul!
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 10:38 am

Fishing bans are on here between Oct 15 and Dec 15 ... this was the last haul

The first two are Western Australian Dhu fish. Only found here and about the best fish you can eat anywhere in the world.

Last pic is 2 Pink Snapper, 2 Bald Chin Groper and a King George Whiting. All these were caught almost by accident as we were using tiny hooks to see what bait was around and hauled up those beauties !!!

Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 E8aeedFishing maniac thread! - Page 3 2zjc2nbFishing maniac thread! - Page 3 34pdvdw
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Nice catches. Are they all salt water? Those first two look like a kin to big mouth bass, which is freshwater. Why is there a ban during certain months? Assume it is some kind of population control put in effect for the fish, maybe during spawning season?
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 7:53 am

All salt water ... the closest relative is probably a sea perch.

Fishing bans on every year for the spawning for Demersal fish . High vulnerability – long-lived and slow-growing. Demersal finfish generally live on or near the ocean floor usually at depths of more than 20 metres.

Seasonal closures provide additional protection for fish species that are vulnerable during times when they aggregate to reproduce. Large-scale seasonal closures are also used to reduce the total time spent fishing and therefore the total number of fish captured.

It does work and catches are now bigger and better for the rest of the year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fishing maniac thread!   Fishing maniac thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fishing maniac thread!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3