The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dr Who Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:51 am

I thought i would start this thread so anyone into Dr Who can discuss it.

Im someone who stopped watch Dr Who in the early 1990's when Sylvester McCoy was at the helm.

I did watch the odd Xmas special with David Tennant but that Titanic episode put me off again lol.

Anyway i started watching the new series with Matt Smith and its bloody good!!

Plus his side kick Amy Pond is dam Hot!!

Dr Who Thread Karen-10
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:11 pm

never heard of it , before rob's obsession , lol

wonder if they gonna show this on belgium television
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:36 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:
never heard of it , before rob's obsession , lol

wonder if they gonna show this on belgium television

Really its the longest running sci fi in history and is produced by the BBC in the UK im surprised its not shown on one or your cable channels Jimmy.

Just watched episode 3 where Churchill has the Darleks on board to fight Hitler and it was another good episode!

And dam that Amy Pond is hot!!! My kinda girl that one :Drool:
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:04 pm

lol bro , never heard of , it , maybe you can tape some eppisodes , burn it on divx and send that to me , lol
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:40 pm

I've watched it a couple of time's.This new series definitley has hotter actress's.Dan. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:38 pm

My daughter and I both have been huge fans since the first season of the new series. I thought both Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant were both great, so I was little skeptical of Matt Smith.

I think we run a couple episodes behind here in the states through BBC America, so I've only seen the first episode of the new season, but I think Matt did an awesome job! All my fears are gone after watching the show this past Saturday. I think everyone is right about Amy Pond also, definitely the hottest companion so far!

I wonder why Rob hasn't posted yet. I thought anyone with a life-size Dalek in his living room was a Doctor Who fan!! lol!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:41 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I'm sure Rob will chime in.

Rob you work to many 24 hour shift's, give yourself a break man. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Dan.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:59 pm

First things first

DO NOT GIVE AWAY ANYTHING SINCE THE US GETS IT WEEKS AFTER YOU BRITONS!!!!!! LOL

I just watched the 1st episode and it was great. Matt Smith (although it's a single episode) did the character proud. So far so good! I will say Tennant is a tough act to follow though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
hothrebel
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hothrebel

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Yeah I was a bit scepticle about Matt Smith,him being pretty unknown and all,but gotta say he seems up to the job.

Not going to give much away but the daleks have just made an appearence this saturday.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:35 pm

Great to see a Dr Who section here on TIG Cool Cool Cool Cool
I agree Matt Smith has already stamped his own identity on the Doctor and he's doing a great job. I really like his assisstant too, Amy Pond (Karen Gillan),hot! would def agree with you there Jay m8 phew

I thought David Tenant made such a great Doctor, but I really wish Christopher Ecclestone had done another season or two. But it's great to see the Timelord still going - even stronger - after all these years!

One of the other things I like to collect is Dr Who... so I thought I'd post a couple of pics....

Action figures (5") including brand new 11th Doctor 'crash' set. Cool!
Dr Who Thread Ebay2_10

Radio controlled speaking Davros. Stands approx 18" high and always frightens my youngest son lol.
Dr Who Thread Ebay2_11

Close up of Davros.
Dr Who Thread Ebay2_12

Doctor Who die cast by Corgi.
Dr Who Thread Ebay2_13
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:57 pm

Any old school Dr who fans out there?

I used to hide behind the settee back in the 70's
when Davros et al appeared on screen lol!

Dr who was to blame for all of my pre-teenage nightmares Smile

The original theme tune is still the best tv theme music going Cool

World in action theme music from back in the day comes a close second Wink
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi Lee, I grew up with the Tom Baker Doctor and I can also remember hiding behind cushions each time Davros or a Cyberman appeared! Great stuff lol.
:nailbiting:
The theme tune by Ron Grainer is a classic and has gone through many adaptions.
My other fave old school Doctor is Peter Davidson - the (then) youngest actor to play him. I like Pertwee too. All of the Doctors were kinda interesting in their own ways - a long history since the BBC first screened it in 1963!
Smile
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:03 pm

I watched the original series when i was a kid.

This show actually spooked me as a kid.

Do you guy's remeber at the end of each show when they would put up the credit's.They had that spooky music with the twisting vortex,that gave me the heebee geebess,no sht.

I think that's why i liked the original show as a kid the show had a lot of mystery and i liked being scared i guess?It made me want to face my fear's.

Dan. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Lee i totally agree.When i was a kid this show scared me good.

I still think the twisting vortex at the end is ghoulish, with that strange music.It gives you the feeling of Despair.

They really new how to make great show's back in the day.They new how to grab someone's emotion's.

Dan. cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Hey Paul
Nice Doctor Who collection you got going there. I didn't know Matt Smith's doctor was out already. Looks like I'll be picking that one up soon for my daughter. She's a huge fan like me.

Somewhere on here is another thread with a couple of our members collections. You should check it out.

Here's the link if I did it right.
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/off-topic-f5/6-doctor-who-figures-anyone-else-collecting-t807.htm

Brad
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Dr Who Thread Dr-who
Dr Who Thread Fan%20Vortex_2
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:26 pm

Brad, cheers for the link m8, I've just moved my photos over to there. Wow, you and your daughter have a fine Who collection going! The other stuff on there is great too. Thanks! Smile

Dan, I love that picture of Tom Baker and the vortex you posted!
Awesome! Cool Cool Cool Cool

Thanx guys!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 2:54 pm

I just watched the first part of the 2 part weeping angels story and i have to say it was another good episode!!

I found a download for the first 3 seasons so im going to catch up with them over the next week and a half whilst im off work Smile
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:41 pm

Ya even the new series DR.Who is pretty good stuff.

The original was masterfull.

Everytime i come to this thread i remeber that music at the end of each show. It was so dreadful,made my skin crawl. phew phew

Dan.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:57 pm

yeh Dan agree Dr Who was really creepy especially with the music!

Dr Who Thread 010

Dr Who Thread Wargam10

Dr Who Thread 3209b10

Dr Who Thread 11doct10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dr Who Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who Thread   Dr Who Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr Who Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1