The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions   Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Fair enough. No problems on my end.

One of the main reasons I think it is a repainted is that the black has worn off on the right arm of the figure. It is normal for the paint to wear on the sidepacks of the hip but uncommon for there to be residue left like shown on yours. I also believe the visor has been repainted. If you look at the figure under blacklight, I believe you will see that the factory paint will show differently than the black paint.

You seem to be an honest guy, I just believe people should know what is in their collections. I have one figure in my collection that has been touched up. I discovered it after buying on eBay and decided to keep it with a partial refund since it's only a small part of the scheme of the painting and it's a rarer version.
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions   Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:16 pm

what sourcebook is it. I would love to get one.
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions   Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:23 pm

curch wrote:
what sourcebook is it. I would love to get one.

It is the Guide to Lili Ledy Variants by a Mexican collector couple. But unfortunately I do not have it, just some pictures from it, from the net. Sad I can't tell you the accurate title of it or the name of the authors. But you can find their names on Gus Lopez's site, as I remember.

edit by AJ : http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48167

Yep, they are: Mexican collectors Luis and Josefina Gálvez. Thanks, AJ! It is on the Star Wars Collectors' Archive! cheers

Last edited by Hutthunter on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://swvintagevariants.blogspot.com/
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions   Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:27 pm

[quote="GanjaFett"]Fair enough. No problems on my end.

One of the main reasons I think it is a repainted is that the black has worn off on the right arm of the figure. It is normal for the paint to wear on the sidepacks of the hip but uncommon for there to be residue left like shown on yours. I also believe the visor has been repainted. If you look at the figure under blacklight, I believe you will see that the factory paint will show differently than the black paint.

You might be right. But this was the only thing I liked about this variant. :pale: The light yellow knee and shoulder plates are somewhat rare for Taiwans, but not rare enough. Maybe I will do some research when I have the time. So probably never. :grr:
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions   Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 7:38 am

cool site! thanks
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions   Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:28 am

curch wrote:
cool site! thanks

YEP, thanks to AJ for the link.
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: nice fett thread-- but where is this one form any help guys?   Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Nice thread on the Boba .. has the clearly refined © c in the cirlce similar to the Mecc. but is a HONG KONG mark
I cant seem to find out where he is from ? I have to with the forest green chest plate and the olive green chest plate.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions   Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Neonboy wrote:
Nice thread on the Boba .. has the clearly refined ©️ c in the cirlce similar to the Mecc. but is a HONG KONG mark
I cant seem to find out where he is from ? I have to with the forest green chest plate and the olive green chest plate.

Hmmm... a very good question indeed... I don't know. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions   Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hutt Hunter's Boba Fett versions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2