The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:13 pm

General Kahn wrote:
Quality, I enjoyed reading this thread loads!

Quote :
would add Anakin Skywalker to that list, figures with no accesories & bloody hell, they couldnt even hold a gun!

Yeah, characters without weapons well sucked arse especially when they couldn't even hold them!

Love the madine slander as well, my Dad used to buy me and my brother figures, one day he came in with 2 new figures for us, I got Madine, while my brother got Jedi Luke, I felt like punching my Dad in his face!

Probably right about thinking he was gonna have a bigger role, they deleted loads of scenes with him, including his death, hopefully they'll pop it on the Blu-ray, so we can all watch him DIE!

I don't think we will get a scene where madine dies. He is also in many books many years after ROTJ. So if he dies in ROTJ then the books is wrong Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 2:56 pm

Sith Noob wrote:

I knew someone on wookiepedia would come up with a back story for this guy. But "Beedo"?? Come on, how about a more original name, lol.

Indeed Beedo sounds a bit cheap but is still better than Weirdo, Cluedo or Dildo, I suppose. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 5:17 pm

I could have sworn I posted something, but I guess either my computer screwed it up or I wrote a forbidden word Razz just to make sure I will avoid another word sounding like beedo in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 5:49 pm

General Kahn wrote:

Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 Images10

Not quite dead, but not far off.
Can we also draw attention to the fact that General Madine's first name is Crix, not only is that not a name, it's not even a viable word.
Summary : General Madine you are shit!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Rawlin wrote:
General Madine does sound better then crix madine for sure, no wonder they didn't write that on the cardbacks.

He should have just been called General Crap! (or perhaps Crap Madine?)
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 6:13 pm

I don't really hate the guy at all but that picture just makes me shiver in the spine, what the hell is he doing?
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:29 am

General Kahn wrote:
Quality, I enjoyed reading this thread loads!

Quote :
would add Anakin Skywalker to that list, figures with no accesories & bloody hell, they couldnt even hold a gun!

Yeah, characters without weapons well sucked arse especially when they couldn't even hold them!

Love the madine slander as well, my Dad used to buy me and my brother figures, one day he came in with 2 new figures for us, I got Madine, while my brother got Jedi Luke, I felt like punching my Dad in his face!

Probably right about thinking he was gonna have a bigger role, they deleted loads of scenes with him, including his death, hopefully they'll pop it on the Blu-ray, so we can all watch him DIE!

If it makes you happy, then Madine is shot by a Hutt dalek

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crix_Madine
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:55 am

All of you are nuts. Madine is easily one of the best figures released....ever. I remember having him as a kid and having so many, many, adventures. I'd recreate the scene of him standing in place, not saying much, and holding his staff. Oh the fun....
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Hahaha sounds very fun Razz

If I had gotten him and had slightly higher iq when I was a kid, I might have played some mission briefings, but my vague memories are mostly about luke killing of every other figure and running around outdoors with a tie interceptor that I liked to shot the wings of and throw it away. Didn't stay functional very long...
Back to top Go down
lee gray
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:04 pm

the jabbas palace scene is always fun to watch.. heres a rarely seen dengarYak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 Den
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 3:33 pm

Yes it is funny to pause the movie and try to find all the characters.

Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:48 pm

funny thread to read through whilst having a beer!

A little fact for ye:

I remember attending one of the Celebration Europe Collecting Panels and the guys showing Madines fake prop beard. The actor had to wear a fake beard in the film as Kenner requested he wear one.

Madine was clean shaven but Kenner scuplted the figure with a beard and already made the tooling for the figure so they wrote to LFL to ask if the actor could wear a fake beard to prevent the toy figure from being scrapped. I think it the only time a Toy comany has sucessfully requested an character in a film to change his appearance for the toy.

EDIT:

Here's the link to that faux par beard:

http://www.yourprops.com/view_item.php?movie_prop=2610
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:37 am

Craig T wrote:

Madine was clean shaven but Kenner scuplted the figure with a beard and already made the tooling for the figure so they wrote to LFL to ask if the actor could wear a fake beard to prevent the toy figure from being scrapped. I think it the only time a Toy comany has sucessfully requested an character in a film to change his appearance for the toy.

EDIT:

Here's the link to that faux par beard:

http://www.yourprops.com/view_item.php?movie_prop=2610

Interesting story Craigy!!

But honestly, the story sounds a bit to good to be truth. Didn’t Kenner sculp their figures using pictures which were provided by LF Ltd? So that would mean Kenner provided pics of a shaven Madine beforehand and Kenner decided to sculpt a beard nevertheless? Didn’t Kenner learn from their blue Snaggletooth experience, not to mess with the appearances of SW characters as set by LF? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:15 am

It for sure is interesting, but I agree with Dengar. It sounds odd that Lucas would change his mind. Maybe the guys real beard was 3 hair there and 2 there Razz
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:21 pm

I can't remember the the exact story sorry guys as celebration Europe was over 4 years ago - only that they said Kenner requested he wear the beard for the film. The small prop wasn't going to effect the filming schedule so LFL allowed it.

I had a dig through my star wars archives and found a shot that I took:

Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 Madine15

This panel was the sw wars cast and crew and prop panel.

Ever since the collecting panels at C Europe, I aways rember the fake beard when I see a Madine figure.

I was wandering though, were the same discussions and content held at Celebration 4's collecting panels... if so someone might recall beter the details. One of the panelist was the Prop Store Of London.

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:32 pm

A very interesting story, I thought only lucas was the boss Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3