The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? Empty
PostSubject: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:53 am

I was just leaving the Star Wars movies on before sleep some days ago, felt like watch a bit on them and the suddenly I saw him and thought "oh there he is"
for a brief moment I finally saw Yak Face. I dunno how I can have missed him all these years honestly lol. I guess I'd sooner see big foot then some of the rare characters.

Edit: Omg now when I brows through looking for it the sucker is behind luke the entire speech in the beginning of episode 6! lol I suck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:22 am

I wouldnt beat myself up on it. He's one of those ancillary characters that you'd never notice if it wasnt for the toy. I mean did anyone ever really notice pruneface?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:28 am

I never did Razz
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:38 am

I did not, at least not while watching the movie.

It took years before I discovered he was one of the good guys actually, who fought in the Endor mission.

Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? Dressellians_Home_One

Talking about...did anybody see B-Wing pilot or Cloud Car Pilot while watching the movie?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
milkiebarker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
milkiebarker

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Marco there are a some B-Wing pilots in the Ackbar mission breifing and in the hangar after!
as for the Cloud Car Pilots there heads are seen in the Twin Pods over Bespin
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
did anyone ever really notice pruneface?

It took me years to realise where he his, for a long time i thought he was from Jabba's palace! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:33 pm

I think each time you see the movies you find something that you have not seen before bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
asbojawa
New User
New User
asbojawa

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 2:04 pm

Carl Waterworth wrote:
Darthberizing wrote:
did anyone ever really notice pruneface?

It took me years to realise where he his, for a long time i thought he was from Jabba's palace! Embarassed

the name kinda suggests jabba's palace doesn't it?

"General Pruneface, is your team ready?"

doesn't seem to fit.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 2:24 pm

I think "Jabba's Palace" just became a catch all phrase for any figure that didn't seem recognizable. Fair enough also, since there are more Jabba scene figures then any other. How many you ask?? Well lets see!!

Jabba w. Salacious Crumb
Yak Face
Ree Yees
Lando Skiff
Nikto
Gam Guard
Klaatu Skiff
Weequay
Leia Boushh
Rancor Keeper
Klaatu
EV 9D9
8D8
Squidhead
Barada
Amanaman
Sy Snootles
Max Rebo
Droopy McCool

So 18 figures (20 with Jabba and Crumb)

Im not even counting Luke Jedi or Han Carbonite since you could argue they're in mulitple scenes.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Thinking about it more these folks were there too:

C3PO
R2D2
Power Droid
Chewbacca
Bossk (yep on the barge)
Boba Fett
21B (getting tourtured)

So , all in, 29 of the 93 figures are somewhere in the Jabba Scenes!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Make it 30!

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 2:43 pm

31! (including Jabba, Crumb, Han Carbonite, Luke Jedi).

Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? Dengar_Jabba

More...?

EDIT: Actually it is 30½, what is left over from 2-1B only counts half. Very Happy

Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? 2-1A

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 2:57 pm

I might have missed it but there also are barada, it isn't really in the Palace but on the little skiff 2 sec before he fall down and get eaten.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 2:59 pm

Barada is on the list, but I did forget Bib Fortuna and Dengar!

Wow 1/3 of an entire toy line in 1 Act of ROTJ!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 3:02 pm

32!

After adding Jawa as well, I will try to find a pic.

EDIT: Found!

Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? JabbaPalace

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 3:12 pm

Never noticed ol' Dengar in there Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 3:25 pm

bootyhunter wrote:
Never noticed ol' Dengar in there Rolling Eyes

He is, this time without his backpack.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 3:48 pm

Han Solo have a bit strange look on that pic, looks nasty.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 8:53 am

Thats wild!!
Back to top Go down
REDFIVE
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 4:58 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

I did not, at least not while watching the movie.

It took years before I discovered he was one of the good guys actually, who fought in the Endor mission.

Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? Dressellians_Home_One

Talking about...did anybody see B-Wing pilot or Cloud Car Pilot while watching the movie?

Wow......I never realised that! I also assumed he was lurking in the dark in Jabba's Palace.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:13 pm

I saw that pic in another thread some weeks back Smile I always thought he was a bounty hunter Razz
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:16 am

Jabba's palace with all the characters is so cool bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:50 am

Its so strange that Kenner, decided to make figures of Charactor's that were hardly in the movie's but left out some more mainstream charactor's! i would love to know the thinking behind the decisions made!
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 4:11 am

I think for Star Wars characters there wasn't enough time. Kenner were late getting figures out and that affected the whole line. So when they had released the 20 characters the new movie Empire was already in the making and news and rumours about it were floating around. By that time I'm guessing Kenner had to focus on the new movie and the new characters so that the figures were ready this time by the release of Empire. They didn't want to have the same delay as they did for Star Wars. So that's why Tarkin, Motti, Rebel fleet trooper, Sandtrooper etc never were produced.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 4:54 am

Yzerman wrote:
So that's why Tarkin, Motti, Rebel fleet trooper, Sandtrooper etc never were produced.

To add to this:

Characters like Tarkin, Motti, Rebel fleet trooper, Sandtrooper were probably less recognized and appreciated by the majority of kids buying the toys in 1983. Already six years had passed since Star Wars was first released in the cinemas, and the kids most appreciating these SW characters, were now spending their money on skateboards and BMX bikes.

So I understand Kenner's decision to do not release those earlier characters during the ROTJ era. Purely market driven. One exception is off course Luke in Stromtrooper disguise, though a character from the first movie, he still could get along as a cool stormtrooper for the youngest generation of kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?   Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yak Face And Other Jabba's Court Denizens: Why There Are So Many Of Them?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next