The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... Empty
PostSubject: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Hey guys,

As some of you know, i recently bought some "Ledy" figures on ebay. They arrived & turned out to be non-Ledy figures. I had checked with the seller during the auction & was assured they were genuine Ledy.
I have put in my dispute to paypal. The seller is insisting they are Ledy because a friend bought them in Mexico City.
The seller has had the dispute escalated to a claim, & will want some supporting evidence from me to back up my assertions that they are not Lili Ledy.
Anyone else had to do this? How did they go about providing supporting evidence?
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Tank1252 wrote:
Hey guys,

As some of you know, i recently bought some "Ledy" figures on ebay. They arrived & turned out to be non-Ledy figures. I had checked with the seller during the auction & was assured they were genuine Ledy.
I have put in my dispute to paypal. The seller is insisting they are Ledy because a friend bought them in Mexico City.
The seller has had the dispute escalated to a claim, & will want some supporting evidence from me to back up my assertions that they are not Lili Ledy.
Anyone else had to do this? How did they go about providing supporting evidence?

Couple of things you can do. If you get photo's both a Ledy Accessory and non-Ledy you can show the difference. Another possibility is something in writing from an "expert" on Lili Ledy. Perhaps someone from a website with a Ledy Identification guide for example Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Oh crap i too have bought some Ledy figure's recentley from a seller and was assured they were bought in mexico from a friend 15 year's ago and the seller assured me they were Ledy

I hope i did'nt buy from they same guy.I have'nt received my item's yet but their coming from Austrailia and he sold a bunch of presumed Ledy stuff.Fk i'm mentioning his name i have to know if it's the same guy,i just want a head's up so when they arrive and their Kenner i don't flip out.It's the worst feeling when you spend close to a thousand dollar's on Ledy's from a guy and their fkn Kenner.it's a nightmare.And i'm not ready to go through it again.Tank was the seller's ebay name hathorncouriersptyltd.I'm praying it's not this dude.

Tank if you need help with pic's of real Ledy photos side by side Kenner's.You know i'm your goto guy.Let me know what figure's you got bummed on and i can take photo's of my Ledy's/with correct weapon's side by side a Kenner and it's weapon.Also i will give full detail on how the figure,weapon and coo differ from each other and then you can fax it to Ebay tell them i'm a third party Ledy expert and i handle these situation's.

I guess it's official i nominated myself as Ledy detective.send me data.I'll get to work on it.

I'm a picture taking guru,i have my camera on my desk at all times with rechargable batteries on deck alway's.Bring it on ready to serve.

Let me know right away if the seller that got you is the same as the one i mentioned if it is i'll need a couple day's to vent to prepare for the big dissapointment of the arrival,Fk i'm in about a grand with this guy.

Dan.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:29 am

Thanks Dan & John, i was really wondering if anybody had used any of the information on TIG as supporting evidence in paypal dispute cases like this.
I'll see what/when they ask & go from there.
PM sent Danno.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:14 am

I got the PM Tim,I'll help you out anyway i can.

It look's like we both bought from the same dude.

I'm going to go to go vent in my silent room for about an hour and let the explitive's fly. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Then get prepared for the snafu. poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo

I can't wait till i get my thousand dollar box of Kenner's that should be Ledy. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion:
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:35 am

It looks like rche on RS may be having issues as well.
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:26 pm

What about Luis Galvez ot Isaac Lew who wrote the lili ledy guide, they could provide verification for you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Tim i sent a PM.

This guy we purchased our stuff from is under suspicion that he was bidding on his own stuff to jack up the prices.

I also Pm'd Rich on RS and asked him to join here on TIG all three of us were taken by this guy we all need to group together on this.

I hate being taken advantage off.This dude can't get away with this i'm outraged.

What realy pisses me off is why do dudes have to do this to dudes.I realy hate this type of bullshit on ebay.

Dan. Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
rche
New User
New User

PostSubject: australian LL   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Hiya fellows,

rche here.
that is like arrrr cheee. not rich, please.

I am working with Mr. Tanner on my refund. At first, he was kinda stand offish, Then he started to come around. I am not sure how it will work out tho. I purchased two LL items from him. One is legit. A little dirty, but legit. The other has some definite replacement parts. They are vintage, but not LL. I am thinking this fellow really did believe he had legit stuff. He pretty much swore on his mothers grave to me as well that they were LL. Of course, the mismatched boots are a bit of an indicator, so he is either a big scammer, or just not very informed.

If anyone has good pics of a 12" LL Leia belt, gown, and boots, I may need them if this escalates to a claim.

thanks
rche
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:14 pm

On the thread on RS this dude also mentioned that the seller might of been bidding on his own auction with different user names?

max1234

Reged: 05/09/10
Re: anybody know an Anthony Tanner from AUS? [Re: rche]
#4200746 - 05/18/10 06:21 PM Edit Reply Quote

i was bidding on a couple of ledy items he had user id hathorncouriersptyltd until i noticed two other user names bidding on all items.this bloke is shill bidding on his items with usernames essx10 and dandans123 both have 100% bidding activity with seller check out his feedback left for others and add to blocked list

@Tim and Rche did you guy's notice that this guy might of been bumping the bid's from different user names from the auction's you won?

I have'nt contacted ebay on it yet,I wanted to get your guy's input first.Is their a way to check into this?i'm kinda confused on how to figure this out before calling the Bay.

Dan

Last edited by vintageSWfan on Wed May 19, 2010 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Rche glad to have you abourd.

Welcome to TIG

welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome

Dan.
Back to top Go down
rche
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:09 am

thanks for having me.

hope this all works out for everyone who purchased from this seller. I will keep you all posted.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:47 am

Me too rche.
I just got a bad feeling Paypal are gonna side with the dodgy seller here.
I sent in some basic backup info to my claim.
They then sent back a standard email asking for verification.
They have given me until the 28th of the month to professionally justify my claim.
Effectively if they stick to the letter, then only AFA/UKG could do this, & that ain't gonna happen by the 28th. Any costs incurred have also gotta be worn by me.
This is my last ebay buy, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:30 am

In my experience it's better to call PP and explain the situation.

And do you have CC backup on this?
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:47 am

Sorry to hear about this Tim,Dan & Rche. Crying or Very sad

I hope it all works out for you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Capetown wrote:
In my experience it's better to call PP and explain the situation.

And do you have CC backup on this?

Yeah, i'll give them a call i think.
& i did pay by credit card (mastercard) for once. Strange really, i never pay by credit card, guess i sensed a disturbance... How can i attack it thru them?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:07 pm

It depends which bank you're with. But you can usually just call them up and reverse the payment- state seller fraudulantly sold an item(s) Paypal do not like you doing this but if they won't help.....
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:37 pm

So it may be the way to go to do this if paypal finds with the seller??
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:12 pm

I wouldn't even wait for Paypal, if the seller won't look at facts ie. Taiwan Ree Yees is NOT LL etc., then just get your money back.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks Jimbo.

Anyone else done this (ie chargeback thru credit card). I wonder if i have to go thru the same processes of proof again.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
rche
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:54 pm

So does this make three buyers that we know of that are having issues with this seller?
That should account for something. If three different parties are placing claims on one seller, I would think ebay/paypal would notice that.

He seems to be good with me sending him the item back on my dime. But I am not game for that. If there was a legitimate mistake, or if I was simply dissatisfied with the condition then I could see it as my responsibility. But when a seller tells you it is 100% original and the thing shows up with two completely different boots on???? I mean, hey. How is that 100% There is some willful withholding of information there.

Again, the seller is still minding his ps and qs with me. Tho he does not seem amicable to a partial refund and will only accept the item back on my dime.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:01 am

Are there 3 claims tho? I'm pretty sure there is no claim by Dan yet, & have you actually got a dispute going, or are you just trying to sort it out with the seller.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:25 am

rche wrote:
.....will only accept the item back on my dime.
this is something that has always pissed me off. You'll have to send it back fully insured with tracking because of his 'mistake' Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:39 am

I have'nt made a claim yet but i think i will be calling ebay. I was waiting to hear from the guy on RS but fk who know's where he is.

I'm calling ebay tomorrow to see if this guy illiegally bid on the auction's and see if this guy rooked us that way too.

Tim and Rche you both have validated dispute's i think well i know Tim has a dispute but also Rche if you received non Ledy item's i would make a dispute too, and if ebay won't do sht i would do a charge back on credit card.

I think that's what Tim is going to end up doing,because i don't think he's going to get justice from ebay.

And yes this dude that sold us our stuff firmly demanded that all his stuff was Ledy i know for sure quite a bit of Tim's stuff was not.

Rche if you want me to take a look at your stuff that was to be Ledy i can do that for you too bud.

Post pic's of your stuff all figure's and their weapon's i'll let you know if their Ledy or not.

Or maybe you already know, i'm just putting my services out there for ya if you want i will help no prob.

Dan.
Back to top Go down
rche
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:44 am

I have not gone to a claim yet. But it appears to be headed that way.
I am not paying for shipping back to AUS for an item that was misrepresented.

If I purchased a book from Amazon and the cover was damaged, they would ask me to file an RMA and then send me a postage ticket for the item. Likewise with any other major manufacturer or seller. Now, if I didn't like the item because the color didn't match my kitchen or some such business as that, then it would be my dime. But not when the seller is in the wrong.

I did do this transaction with a CC, so I may have to go that route. I will keep you all posted on the progress here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....   Paypal Want Supporting Evidence.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paypal Want Supporting Evidence....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next