The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:36 pm

Just watched Edwards Scissorhands for the first time in years and for me its one of Tim Burtons best. The soundtrack by Danny Elfman is outstanding and probably his greatest score imo

Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:04 pm

enough about avatar , stop holding out on us and let's see a pic of that 22 year old sister Cool
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:31 am

I'm really looking forward to Avatar. Coffs Harbour somehow has it in 3D too!!!???
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:17 pm

I finally saw Avatar today and thought it was excellent. I'm glad we splurged and saw it on the Imax screen and 3D. It does have an environmental type message, but I don't think it was overwhelming enough to ruin the movie or anything like that.

jaymassive619 wrote:
Just watched Edwards Scissorhands for the first time in years and for me its one of Tim Burtons best. The soundtrack by Danny Elfman is outstanding and probably his greatest score imo

I agree Jay. I really liked that movie too. I'm a soundtrack nut and have several Elfman scores and this is one of my favorite.

I quite enjoyed the Avatar score while watching the movie and am going to pick it up too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:55 am

Checked out Avatar last night.

One word... WOW! It was well worth the price for the 3D! I would highly recommend anyone to see it in 3D.

The story is a bit on the predictable side, but the visuals are top notch! I am very curious to see how it's going to translate to the home screen.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:57 am

Just rented Bruno and Night and the Museum 2.

Bruno was funny... not as good a Borat!!! Some stuff in the film a straight guy should never have to see!!!!

Havent had time to watch the other movie yet
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:10 pm

This came up in the chat...

Did anyone see the new Family Guys Star Wars spoof.... Something, Something, Something, Darkside?

It's pretty funny!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:52 pm

Just watched District 9. It was good, but it could've been better. Next on the agenda is Hangover, Angels and Demons, Echo, and Taking of Pelham 123.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Just watched District 9. It was good, but it could've been better. Next on the agenda is Hangover, Angels and Demons, Echo, and Taking of Pelham 123.

Saw Terminator Salvation - I liked it but it's the kind of movie I see once and that's it.

As for you Chris_J , make sure you watch The Hangover next. Hands down one of the funniest movies I've seen in a very very long time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:05 pm

I heard District 9 was good!! I wanna see it!!!

That was supposed to be the Halo movie... before there was drama with Peter Jackson, movie studios, and the rights to the game/film or whatever the deal was!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:47 am

I got the unrated version of Hangover.Very Happy I've been wanting to see it for awhile. I got The Goods and Paranormal Activity on the way.

As for District 9, if it was suppose to be Halo, don't get your hopes up. Its one of those movies that really didn't live up to the hype, just like Terminator Salvation. I haven't seen it yet, but it was in the top 10 of biggest disappointment movies for '09.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:25 am

checked the real ingloriuos bastards yesterday and i can see why tarantino was inspired to do a remake

cool movie , gave me a a team kinda vibe aswell
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:37 am

I did not realize it was a remake!!!

Now I wanna see both!!!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 5:59 pm

I just caught "Mindhunters" on tv, val kilmer and christian slater starring - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0297284/

I enjoyed it right up to the end, its a strange thriller/whodunnit movie where a group of trainee FBI agents go to a military island for some practical training, suddenly one of them dies and
then they realise that its not training!

The end wasn't great - it was very mind boggling and some scenes are quite nasty with the deaths I just thought it ended a bit silly.

Anyway - I give it 7 out of 10, worth a watch but don't buy it as you won't watch it twice.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:02 pm

OOooooo Val Kilmer!!!!

One of the best roles in any film played by any actor.... Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday in Tombstone!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:43 pm

Hangover is fantastic
Ice age 3 is good but you can tell its the 3rd in the series if you know what I mean. Same thing etc
Bruno is incredibly funny! I cant believe he got away with it in the US. Especially on the TV show (Enough said Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Just watched District 9.
It's different....can't decide if i enjoyed it or not.
Definitely not one to watch whilst eating Chinese.
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 6:26 am

I really fancy watching district 9, but everytime I see the trailers for it I cant get my head round the plot. Obviously there are aliens that come here and are placed in a ditrict which is district 9 and it appears that people are hostile towards them. But in the trailer you dont see the aliens do anything. Then the next minute some government agency are talking to an alien asking him how the ships weapons work! WTF.

Can anyone elaborate the plot to try and help me make up my mind if I go and see it or not?
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 7:29 am

The Aliens that have survived are of the 'worker' caste, and don't know how to use the weapons. The 'thinkers' have somehow all died.
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 8:00 am

Sounds good after all. But whats the point to it then? They need to get the weapons working? why?
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:38 am

Cause they're badass. Cool
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Just watched The Hangover. That was friggin hilarious!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:50 am

Haha your gonna spoil the plot asking too many questions, District 9 - pants unless your maybe 10yr old or less
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 pm

I liked District 9, but my wife didn't. We have a rate movies amongst my friends on whether it's "owning material" or not. If it's a good movie and worth watching a few more times, then it's "owning material". And I would have to say that District 9 isn't owning material.

You guys are making me want to see Hangover now. Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:24 pm

RebelChris wrote:
You guys are making me want to see Hangover now. Wink

You got to. It was actually better than I expected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?   Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest Films / DVD's that you have seen?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next