The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Small hood Jawa Cape?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

Small hood Jawa Cape? Empty
PostSubject: Small hood Jawa Cape?    Small hood Jawa Cape? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 2:41 pm

Seeking input on a Jawa i've had stored away since 1989.  It was purchased at a local "mom and pop" toy store.  I believe it was MOC but can't be sure.  The cape seems legit but the hood is extremely small and seems a tiny bit short.  I know there are Small hood/Smooth cape variants but I was not sure if this could be classified as such.   HK COO.  

Any input is always appreciated, thank you in advance.

Small hood Jawa Cape? Img_0324
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Small hood Jawa Cape?    Small hood Jawa Cape? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Looks like the V1 'spongy material' type to me http://www.imperialgunnery.com/clothcapesskirts.htm

Small hood Jawa Cape? Spong_10

Relative common sizes
 Small hood Jawa Cape? Compar10
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Small hood Jawa Cape?    Small hood Jawa Cape? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 3:32 pm

Artoo- Thanks for you help I really appreciate it. It sure looks like a V1 with a small hood.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Small hood Jawa Cape?    Small hood Jawa Cape? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Not sure why there are so many hood sizes, but it always seemed to me there are tons of different sized hoods. Assuming they used a template of some sort to cut the material you would think there would be more regularities but it seems there are lots of variations in the capes. Also thread colors seemed to change a lot too. using everything from tan thread to purple even.
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Small hood Jawa Cape?    Small hood Jawa Cape? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 12:28 pm

I work in the Manufacturing industry and I can tell you that overseas standards in China and Hong Kong are not the same as they are in the USA. Taiwan and Korea are supposed to be "Equivalent" to US Standards. My guess is they had "tolerances" and what we are seeing in the variations is their acceptable tolerances.

I like seeing small variations as they pertain to SW Figures-Makes them unique and in the case of the purple stitch Jawa perhaps more coveted?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Small hood Jawa Cape?    Small hood Jawa Cape? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 12:37 pm

I honestly couldn't say if one is rarer or more coveted than another. Jason West is a jawa focus guy, so he might be able to? His username is sith jawa I believe. Here is an old thread regarding stitch colors:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5559-definitive-jawa-stitch-color-variant-list

And Jason's website may have more info on it also:
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small hood Jawa Cape?    Small hood Jawa Cape? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small hood Jawa Cape?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1