The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

*** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

*** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 3:05 pm

coachk28 wrote:
DarthBerizing wrote:
I'll pay for Paul's entry if that's okay

Is trappedtexan willing to give up a spot, like he originally said?

i just texted him. If so, I'll pay Bryan direct for Paul's entry
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

*** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 3:11 pm

James - I bought one spot for Paul @Artoo_Detour and paid Bryan.

So pleas give Paul the 2nd assigned number (so if it's 22 and 23, Paul gets 23 e.g.)
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Sorry guys was away. John got a hold of me and though I offered to give the spot to Paul (John being the kind of guy he is) sent me money. So I get one spot and Paul is the other. Good luck to everyone in the drawing.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Sounds good guys. I'll take care of it when I get home.

Now everything is officially closed until the drawing.

Should be some time easily Saturday afternoon ish.

More info to come.....
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Damn said I wanted a spot! But slept on the updated post Crying or Very sad I thought a message would be sent.
Oh well! Best of luck to all the entries! Can't wait to see who wins.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 8:53 am

@Jedijune

With this one running so well, who knows we may have to bring these back to a more regularly scheduled interval
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 10:23 am

That would be awesome! Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 2:28 pm

I too seem to not be on the list. Did i miss a message to pay?
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 2:58 pm

Just noticed the edit on the 1st post just yesterday.

Very disappointed to not be in the draw despite being one of the first to reply. Sad
Very unfair to not automatically allocate at least one ticket for those who replied.

Made worse by many multiple tickets being purchased by individuals. Some of which are one post wonders. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Initially it was a see if there is interest thread so us posting for spots wasn't holding a spot just seeing if there would be enough interest in a spot to make it worth doing. When it went live it was first come first serve, which was admittedly somewhat confusing. Since the site is only helping to run this one and not in charge of this one all I can say is sorry guys. If we do another instead of a checking interest maybe we just launch the thing with a stipulation of "x" number of spots must be reached for it to be a go and if we don't get the numbers we don't run it. Not sure how we can address it but i'm sure we can think of something.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Yea, even though I'm in (crossing my fingers) there are A LOT of people who have *NEVER* been a part of this page and have 4-5 spots in the contest. They just came here to get a shot at winning this then likely never posting again. That's disappointing. Nothing can be done now, but I get what Section 8 is saying.

31 entries are from people that range from 1 post (their post saying "I'm in!") to 8 posts. that's it. So out of over 60% of the entries are from people who have never taken part of his page... ever. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 3:27 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Initially it was a see if there is interest thread so us posting for spots wasn't holding a spot just seeing if there would be enough interest in a spot to make it worth doing.  When it went live it was first come first serve, which was admittedly somewhat confusing.  Since the site is only helping to run this one and not in charge of this one all I can say is sorry guys.  If we do another instead of a checking interest maybe we just launch the thing with a stipulation of "x" number of spots must be reached for it to be a go and if we don't get the numbers we don't run it.  Not sure how we can address it but i'm sure we can think of something.

I think a good idea is having a min. post number. I was lucky to win one of the first raffles in 2012 but in order to be in the raffle, you had to have something like 25 posts (meaningful posts, not just random things).

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Just realized I also should define how we helped with this raffle so if one of the mods/admin wins you know we didn't rig anything. We gave coach a platform to run this raffle on as well as i believe John got the prizes in hand so that everyone knows the prizes are legit and will be sent out. We have nothing to do with the actual drawing (unless someone was asked I am unaware of) nor the money collection in any way.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 3:33 pm

TishomingoSith wrote:
trappedtexan wrote:
Initially it was a see if there is interest thread so us posting for spots wasn't holding a spot just seeing if there would be enough interest in a spot to make it worth doing.  When it went live it was first come first serve, which was admittedly somewhat confusing.  Since the site is only helping to run this one and not in charge of this one all I can say is sorry guys.  If we do another instead of a checking interest maybe we just launch the thing with a stipulation of "x" number of spots must be reached for it to be a go and if we don't get the numbers we don't run it.  Not sure how we can address it but i'm sure we can think of something.

I think a good idea is having a min. post number. I was lucky to win one of the first raffles in 2012 but in order to be in the raffle, you had to have something like 25 posts (meaningful posts, not just random things).

That's something we may look at for future. In the recent past we had some giveaways and those also had new members jumping in. Some i think have hung around but most were one time wonders. We want new members and member participation so not sure how to get a good mix. We can discuss that going forward if we do another.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 3:48 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
TishomingoSith wrote:
trappedtexan wrote:

That's something we may look at for future. In the recent past we had some giveaways and those also had new members jumping in. Some i think have hung around but most were one time wonders. We want new members and member participation so not sure how to get a good mix. We can discuss that going forward if we do another.

Yea, the goal is to bring new people in and keep them. I was looking at out of those 31 entries I posted about, only one has more than 4 posts (8 and he has talked about other posts). Most have one (1) post and some have 2. The other ones who have 2 posts have only posted in two contest raffles. Not really taking part in the site, only trying to win things.

I like how it was five years ago when you had to have at least 25 posts, meaningful posts, before you could enter. It made it more fun. You got to know people and it brought those people into this page to be a part of it and not just here to take advantage of the low number of people entering raffles.
Back to top Go down
Bazzack
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 3:59 pm

TishomingoSith wrote:
Yea, even though I'm in (crossing my fingers) there are A LOT of people who have *NEVER* been a part of this page and have 4-5 spots in the contest. They just came here to get a shot at winning this then likely never posting again. That's disappointing. Nothing can be done now, but I get what Section 8 is saying.

31 entries are from people that range from 1 post (their post saying "I'm in!") to 8 posts. that's it. So out of over 60% of the entries are from people who have never taken part of his page... ever. Sad
Being one of the people that you're pointing a finger at, I can understand some frustration. However I don't see that negativity should be pointed at me and whoever else for taking the opportunity to be involved.

I signed up to TIG last year sometime, and haven't had a great deal of time to become active so far. But that will change.
Also, I'm pretty sure that the email notification I received from TIG advertising the raffle is the first such notification I have ever received. I took that to be an invitation to get involved, and asssumed that part of the reason for the raffle might be to drum up new members. One should never assume though I guess.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Sorry guys for the delay.

Been busy with some work related stuff. Drawing will be later on today. I will make a post an hour or so before hand so people have time to check out the YouTube live feed.

Don't see where any confusion was.

First post was to see if people were interested. Why have a contest if no one will enter?

Once I felt there was enough interest... the contest went live for people to purchase entries.

I followed my post and received email reminders every time someone made a comment, so it would have been almost impossible to miss out on any updates to the contest thread.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 4:04 pm

Hey everyone - I'll chime in here on a few things

@Section8 - You're absolutely right. I think this filled up so quickly James got overwhelmed and maybe missed you. Obviously there is no incentive for James to have one person enter vs. another.

@Tishingosith - The rule was a good rule. Speaking for myself, in the FB age forums are struggling a bit so any incentive to get people here is usually welcomed. I think in the future we might have to figure out some middle ground. Maybe established members get 1st go at it, with new members in list format to fill in after "X" amount of time.

Lastly - Due to my circumstances and the incredibly fast fill up of the spots (usually these take a week to fill 50 spots) James will mail out the items directly. It isn't fair to make the winners wait for them to get to me, to get to them. Besides James (Coach) being a longtime established member he's been in constant contact with me on this. All accessories are vintage, AFA serial verified, etc.

I even asked him to give me a new group picture and got this within minutes of asking

*** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 16009910

I hope that answers everything. We're a solid community here and I'm glad to see something fun going on. So good luck!
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 4:10 pm

I think it would be a CLASS ACT if a "newbe" poster who has 4-5 entries with one post (the lone post of them being in the contest) would offer one spot to Section 8 for this contest (sell the spot).

Just IMO.
Back to top Go down
Jawa197
New User
New User
Jawa197

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 4:21 pm

I am one of the new guys and this is the first email notification I got after getting verified in the group. I had some money in paypal and only got two spots. I figured it was worth a shot for $20. Getting stuff was not the reason I joined in the first place. I've been collecting for a long time and recently got back into it and was doing research on vintage variants which led me to this forum. Hopefully there are no hard feelings if a new guy wins and good luck to everyone!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 4:25 pm

There aren't any hurt feelings I hope, it was just a rush of people and some confusion. And for the new people, we are certainly happy to see you and hope you'll post and be part of the community.

As for someone giving up a spot, that's up to the person. If you want to, great. If not, you won't be looked at any differently.

I'm just happy to see people posting , should I say I love repros and REALLY get this thread moving? lol!
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 4:31 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
I love repros and REALLY get this thread moving? lol!

Yea, tell me about it. I tore open that Vader MOC I bought off you a few years ago because AFA said it was a repo. I burned it outside like in ROTJ

:cool laugh:

I still gotta send you a new OSU hat! I've been meaning to but I've been so extremely busy, I haven't thought about much of anything other than; kids, work, sleep, s*x Wink
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Just as the giveaways had new guys sign up just for the giveaway this will too. I personally am just happy to have some news eyes around here and hope if even 5 percent of the new sign ups hang around and participate then I call it a success. No one will judge any of the new guys if they win, that part of the fun. Heck winning may make them want to hang out so they see what we do next. Last year we did some shotglasses and some Lego stuff and something else i think (tshirtaybe?) This year we haven't discussed in depth yet, but I just ended one movie game which ends with a prize and am thinking on starting a new game; so you never know what will be given away or done around here. Part of the reason we have so many check in a few times a week and some of us daily.

Now, sorry for derailing this so much. Good luck to all entrants. Fingers cross that hopefully the snag will find a nice home in Texas with me. lol!
Back to top Go down
todler
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 5:16 pm

Jawa197 wrote:
I am one of the new guys and this is the first email notification I got after getting verified in the group.  I had some money in paypal and only got two spots. I figured it was worth a shot for $20.  Getting stuff was not the reason I joined in the first place.  I've been collecting for a long time and recently got back into it and was doing research on vintage variants which led me to this forum.  Hopefully there are no hard feelings if a new guy wins and good luck to everyone!

Same here. Signed up several years ago to use the resource on the site and research variations. Like Jawa197 I have been collecting for years but my interests diverted for a time (Pinball and SW Lego) when I thought I had completed my collection. Then I came across all the variations and my interest peaked again.  Although not an active parcipitant in discussions it doesn't mean I do not lurk. You always find there is a core of active members and a whole lot of watchers on any forum. Also saws the email as an invitation to parcipitate.
Good luck to everyone anyway.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 5:24 pm

Hey guys... I just want this to be fun and make everyone happy.

A couple ideas were brought to my attention...

What if I added 25 more spots?

Now I wouldn't just add 25 more spots and call it a day... because then that would reduce each constestants chance of winning a prize.

BUT....  what if I added 25 more spots... AND... included 1 or 2 more great prizes?

Thoughts?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!    *** WINNERS PULLED ***  Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!   - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*** WINNERS PULLED *** Win an Blue Snaggletooth AFA 80 & more!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next