The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chiquetaba
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK Empty
PostSubject: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:33 pm

Dear collecting pals,

After "Meccano to Trilogo (2006)" and "La French Touch: the Definitive Guide to French vintage SW collectibles (2013/2015)" books, we (Yann Leroux and Stephane Faucourt) are pleased to announce our new BOOK coming shortly Wink :

The 'MECCANO - TRILOGO Collectors Handbook" [unofficial book]

This new Pocket size book (5"x7") will become your perfect companion for Meccano and Trilogo action figure collecting, to manage your collection at home, or bring and enjoy anywhere, anytime while hunting.

So what's special? in addition to its size, it GOES BACK TO THE BASICS: with content strictly focused on key information for the collector: large individual pictures of each blister card, chosen among the best condition around, cards front/backs combinations, collector's checklist, and the popular updated rarity index !

Stay tuned, we'll come soon with picture of the cover and inner pages, as well as order information.We will take orders soon for expected delivery at CE3 Wink

It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK Flyer-10
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 2:05 pm

Good news Stéphane. Please keep us updated Cool
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 8:17 pm

great I have your other books , this will be a nice addition :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 12:15 pm

Yeah, let us know when we can order one. I need to learn more about non-Kenner figures.
Back to top Go down
chiquetaba
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 6:19 pm

Quick update... here's a glimpse at the cover  tongue

We will be taking orders very soon for a Celebration Europe 3 pickup  Wink before going live on Amazon !!

It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK Tease-11

stephane
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 1:31 pm

THAT COVER IS AWESOME! I can't wait to add it to my shelf. Please let us know when we can buy one on Amazon (I'm not able to attend the convention).
Back to top Go down
chiquetaba
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 2:14 pm

Thanks for the feedback Wink I will post order info soon Wink
Back to top Go down
chiquetaba
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 6:32 pm

Today we are unveiling the COVER and a glimpse at some pages Shocked
Order info coming shortly Wink

It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK Tease-13

stephane
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 11:15 am

Stephane, if someone wanted to learn as much as they could about loose meccano variants, which of your books would be the best for them?

I have been told that meccano was just a carding factory and did not produce figures, is this correct? I ask mainly because some figures are labeled as meccano when maybe are they found on other cardbacks also? For instance there are: the death star droid, the smooth coo fett, the smooth coo rebel soldier, a yoda, a tusken raider....maybe more but these are just off the top of my head. Are these same figures found on other cardbacks as well? I see them labeled on ebay all the time as meccano. I know the fett has been found on tri logo cards, have the others also been found on tri logo cards?
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 11:41 am

Yeah, the Fett is really confusing. I saw an AFA graded one about a year ago on ebay and the label from AFA said Meccano. The Fett was a loose graded figure, so I do not know how they determined "Meccano" vs anything else to put on the label. BTW, it got out of my price range so I passed.
Back to top Go down
chiquetaba
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi. My books are not focusing on loose figure variants, but there are experts on loose figures which can probably help...

You're right saying Meccano was packaging the action figures, they used to mold vehicles parts, but not action figures which were imported.

I agree that the term "Meccano variant" is misleading and pretty incorrect. I guess that this term was given a long time ago to say that those particular figures seems to be only found in France.

But the 'TRUE' Meccano figures (I mean the ones sold on MECCANO cardbacks) are mostly regular HK figures, and some Macao/Taiwan from ROTJ... or sometimes with a slight different paint job (ie. Meccano ESB card Boba Fett with black paint mask).

Packaging of variants really took off in France with the Trilogo line in 1984, first with Macao/Taiwan/China figures, but also some PBP... and finally the variants only found in France (no coo DSD, smooth coo Fett etc...).

So yes, those particular variants could be called 'FRENCH' variants but technically not 'MECCANO' because the name was almost no longer used, and not used at all from 1985... but again, I guess it's just easier for everyone to call them Meccano Wink

stephane
Back to top Go down
chiquetaba
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 12:39 pm

UPDATE on MAY 29th - we have now opened the ORDERS for pickup at CE3

Orders will be handled on a first come / first served basis, from MAY 29TH to JUNE 12TH, in the limit of 100 BOOKS.

Once reached, the book will be available for direct order from Amazon at the regular price.

If you're ready, just follow the link and fill the order form: http://goo.gl/forms/55YbKipd4BVKJbH32

BULK ORDER info: if you are interested in placing an order for you and your pals around => I can manage a direct order from Amazon and having it shipped directly to your home. Please PM me to work out details and a quote ;-)

stephane
Back to top Go down
chiquetaba
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 6:46 pm

Here's an additional glimpse at the content  cyclops

Don't forget about the Celebration Europe 3 SPECIAL OFFER - a special price, signed + hand numbered book, complimentary giveway  Wink  

All the details + order form here: http://goo.gl/forms/55YbKipd4BVKJbH32

It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK Handbo11
Back to top Go down
chiquetaba
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 6:14 pm

Today's heads-up are the special giveaways we have designed Smile

Get 1 of those 3 giveaways each day directly from us, plus one exclusive (square Meccano Vader) that comes with CE3 orders  Wink
(the Lego figure is to set the scale)

Remember - CE3 pickup special offer runs until June 12th or 100 copies ordered  Smile

It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK M2t_hb10
Back to top Go down
chiquetaba
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi Wink

We are pleased to announce that the book is NOW delivered ANYWHERE in your GALAXY cyclops

It is available from Amazon at the regular price.

AMAZON US: https://www.amazon.com/MECCANO-Collectors-handbook-Stephane-Faucourt/dp/1533308543/

AMAZON UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/MECCANO-Collectors-handbook-Stephane-Faucourt/dp/1533308543/

stephane
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 6:08 pm

Looking forward to picking my up in person. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chiquetaba
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 9:00 am

Hi.
If you are attending Celebration London, don't forget to stop by and meet us at the following booth / schedules.
You'll be able to pickup your Meccano Trilogo Collectors' Handbook or just stop by for a chat :-)

- Mintinbox.net​ booth S366 Friday 3:45pm to 4:45pm and Saturday 4:30pm to 5:30pm,

- The Vintage Rebellion​ booth S237 Saturday + Sunday morning 11am to noon

Or just find us with our French Touch tees.... ;-)
stephane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK   It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's coming - the MECCANO-TRILOGO Collectors' HANDBOOK

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1